PDA

View Full Version : Speculation...

Doc Milo
Aug 7th, 2001, 03:32:30 PM
Now that the title has been released, I've started a bit of speculation (and I've been staying away from spoilers so anyone who has been reading spoilers, don't "flame" me for being way off base -- and don't let me know if I'm wrong or right, either!)

The official site has that little synopsis where they mention Padme being pursued by separatists or some such -- Chris Lee's character (I know the name, will not post it) is described as a "charasmatic separatist."

Now, I know all the speculation on Chris Lee's character being the Sith and all, but I'm not sure I believe that to be true. I'm wondering, are the clones the bad guys? Are the separatists the bad guys?

It seems clear from the title that the clones will be the enemy of the Republic. But does that make them the bad guys? What if the Republic is really the bad guys and our heroes are unwittingly supporting the bad guys and Palpatine's bid for tyranny? Wouldn't this be signifying an imbalance in the Force if the entire Jedi Order is being used to further the dominance of the dark side? Of course, the more I write, the more problems I'm seeing in my speculation, so I'm going to stop now....

Hart Kenobi
Aug 7th, 2001, 05:01:10 PM
Well, the Republic and the Empire represent different ideals. I don't really think either is evil. Neither really wanted war, they just wanted their way. Jedi represent self-determination, and Sith represent Imperialism. And like all issues, there is always many sides to it.

Jedieb
Aug 7th, 2001, 05:36:51 PM
I've accidently learned more than I wanted to know but the title even has people who supposedly are "in the know" confused. I think the title suggest that the clones are going to emerge as a significant threat to the republic. The word "Attack" implies that the clones are taking aggressive action against the good guys. So I'd guess that the Jedi are going to be battling them at some point.

Doc Milo
Aug 7th, 2001, 06:01:52 PM
Yeah, but the question is, will the Jedi be acting in the best interest of the Republic, or in the best interest of Palpatine. Unwittingly, of course. Thinking they are serving the Republic, but actually serving Palpy's bid for more and more power as he turns the Republic into the Empire. Because the Republic turns into the Empire, it isn't defeated by and taken over by the Empire...

And I disagree, Hart, the Empire is evil -- remember the scroll for ANH: The Evil Galactic Empire...

Jedieb
Aug 7th, 2001, 06:08:58 PM
I agree Doc, Imperialism by nature is thought as evil. Even the British are today embarrased by their Imperialistic past. I read an article a few weeks ago about a statue of a British historical figure that was being taken down. Why? Because the figure's claim to fame was that he had killed thousands to bring glory to the British Empire. An Empire may not seem evil to the Imperialist, but it sure as hell seems evil to those territories that subjegated to Imperial rule.

That's a good point Doc. Maybe the Jedi will be manipulated into serving Palpatine's wishes. We can only guess how the clones are going to fit into this. I can't wait!

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 8th, 2001, 12:50:36 AM
Like Jedieb I found out more than I wanted to know. First I think the Clones will be/become the stormtroopers. I have thought this from the beginning, they seemed to obident to me plus they were all the same height and almost all of them acted the same. Now if this is the case they will be serving the Republic/empire but how do the Jedi act in all this. More than likely they end up fighting them near the end during the Purge. I think they will endure this fate when Palpatine blames the Jedi for something. So in a way I think you are on to somehting Doc, I think the Jedi will go along with a scheme of Palapatine and the consequences will be devestating, maybe innocent people will die or something along those lines. Palpatine will blame the Jedi saying they are to blame for the problems of the republic and then he will use his new stormtroopers along with Vader and wipe them out.

Hart Kenobi
Aug 8th, 2001, 02:36:22 PM
Don't some people think that Palpatine was able to control the minds of the Stormtroopers/clones with the darkside? That's probably the reason they're all following him.

Doc Milo
Aug 8th, 2001, 02:47:33 PM
I've always suspected the stormtroopers were clones as well. Your scenario, Master Carr, seems very plausbible to me. The Jedi may even end up discovering the duplicity of Palpatine, and turning on him, which would also be when we discover Anakin's duplicity...

I can't wait for these episodes! Attack of the Clones may sound like a silly title, but I wonder if it will pertain to something much deeper and more sinister...

Sort of like, The Phantom Menace referred to the obvious -- Palpatine/Sidious' manipulations -- and also the future: The discovery of the child that is to become Darth Vader...

I wonder if Attack will have the same type of double nature. An assault not only by a clone army, but that the cloning itself represent an attack on the entire way of life of the Republic ... a subtle attack that will mean the end of the Jedi way...