PDA

View Full Version : MORE SW MOVIES AFTER THE PREQUELS...

Aprentize
Aug 22nd, 2000, 02:46:08 PM
I have done some serious thinking around this matter (wow, I've been thinkin!) and this is what I came up with:
What is it really that symbolises EU. It is: Stories that takes place in the sw universe, but are not canon.
So, where does this line go? How far can we go to tell these "stories that takes place in the sw universe"? What differense is it really between a book and a movie? BIG DIFFERENSE, im sure a lot of you guys will say, but think about it. Is it REALLY? Why cant there be EU movies? They could have the same credibility as the comics (where a womp rat is as big as our mouses). It would be EU, so why would it matter if it is a comic, a book, a TV-game, or a movie? It could be for Video release only, it wouldnt even have to hit the theatres... WHY?
And, when George Lucas dies (heaven forbid), what will happen then? Can he write in his last wiches that there will NEVER be another sw movie, or will there be then, perhaps based on EU novels? Or WHY not while he's still alive. EU is EU, thats my short point in a long post. Book or movie, EU is EU.

General Ceel
Aug 22nd, 2000, 09:26:09 PM
I heard that he has made a couple of decades in the post ROTJ ear off limits to EU, if this is so it could be that he has atleast thought about making another trilogy.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 22nd, 2000, 10:19:08 PM
I heard him say that there won't be any more star wars movies after episode 3 and that he was taking the rights of the franchise to the grave.

Bromine
Aug 22nd, 2000, 10:24:31 PM
I think of the movies as sort of "untouchable"; that's GL's vision. I wouldn't mind even a TV series, but the movies are special and I think an "EU" movie wouldn't be a good idea.

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 22nd, 2000, 10:46:27 PM
I agree. Star Wars is his child, and should never be tampered with.

pcmon2
Aug 6th, 2001, 08:25:34 PM
i wish hed make more! he wouldnt disappoint the millions and millions of fans out there, at least i hope not!

Hart Kenobi
Aug 7th, 2001, 10:17:32 PM
NO EU movies. And that's final!

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 8th, 2001, 08:01:43 AM
Well said. He's put together an incredible story using a lifetime of inspiration from myths. These 6 films are the results of years and years of studying myth and ancient lore, so just whipping up some new EU movies would be a disgrace to the franchise. Let these 6 stand alone as the greatest story ever told on film. We don't need weak EU stories ruining that.

Starquest aka AndyR
Aug 8th, 2001, 01:26:16 PM
I am sure he learned his lesson with the young indiana jones chronicles... anyone remember those? - more importantly, anyone remember how those stunk?

So with that in mind, I dont think we hav to worry about EU watered down junk getting out....

unless of course GL gives the ok for a cartoon series like last time... anyone remember droids and ewoks? And of course there were the ewok adventure movies...

General Ceel
Aug 8th, 2001, 01:40:11 PM
the young indiana jones chronicles were critically acclaimed and won several awards if i remember correctly.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 8th, 2001, 02:02:35 PM
It was a great show but it was different from what people expected. They thought they see Indy running around finding buried treasure week after week, instead Lucas had him fighting in the trenches, working as a spy in Russia and Austria, fighting in Africa, and meeting various historical characters. The Episodes on WWI were great and very accurate but they were also very grim and different from the movies and that is why they were watched by enough people to keep it on there. That said it was an ambitious series by Lucas I am hoping he tries something like this again when Star Wars is finished.

Starquest aka AndyR
Aug 9th, 2001, 06:06:39 AM
That is EXACTLY why I thought the chronicles sucked, it was supposed to be indiana jones!! There were supposed to be treasure hunting adventures in there... but it ended up nothing like the movies.... Which is why I think a starwars series would also be a mistake.

And sinse when does winning an award and critical acclaim mean that the show was good... So does the lack of critical acclaim for all the starwars movies mean that they suck? I have never listened to critics, and I never will.

Jedieb
Aug 9th, 2001, 07:24:22 AM
If I remember right the show struggled mightily in the ratings and ended up getting cancelled by ABC. It then finished its run on The Family Channel or some other cable channel. As much pride as LFL takes in that series, it wasn't exactly a runaway success. I know that I stopped watching after the first few episodes.

Darth23
Aug 9th, 2001, 05:55:12 PM
The whole point of the movie was the 'moving through history' angle, not an attempt to have a tv version of the films.

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 9th, 2001, 08:32:54 PM
That is why I liked it Darth. Plus being a lover of history I loved how they incorperated so much of the WWI era into the show. Sure there were some weak episodes especially those when he was 10 or so they were kind of boring and barely dealt with any historical events. I like the ones when he was teenager fighting in WWI. They were full of action even though it was grim at times where he was fighting in the trenches meeting people like Sigefried Sassoon and Robert Graves. Escaping from a German prision with Charles DeGaulle. Meeting the major French war leaders (most of who were incompetete); including Joffe, Nievell, and Petain(the only smart one of the bunch), Ernest Hemingway and Mari Harti. They also had him in dogfights with the Red Baron. Spying on Austria, Turkey, and Russia. The best three episods were the was the one with him fighting in the trenches, the one against the Red Baron, and another in Africa when he went up against the Phantom Train of Doom. Those episodes all had a lot of action and suspense and was similar to the movies minus the treasure hunting.