PDA

View Full Version : Nostradamus predicts Star Wars?

Doc Milo
Aug 22nd, 2001, 03:47:29 PM
Don't know if it's true or not -- but a poster on another board I frequent posted this paraphrased entry he read from a Nostradamus book:

"The Bearded Emperor shall close the book.
Three then three then none."

Did Nostradamus predict George Lucas writing Star Wars?

buff jedi 2
Aug 22nd, 2001, 05:07:23 PM
This person wouldnt go by BUFF would they :lol:
J/k

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedi Master Kyle
Aug 22nd, 2001, 10:22:54 PM
Wow, who knows, but that's interesting nonetheless!

Darth23
Aug 23rd, 2001, 12:51:40 AM
The Emperor doesn't have a beard! :p

Maybe Phil Jackson is the Emperor and the Bulls double Three-peat is the three, then three then none. Which is also 2 3's which was Jordan's Number (23) AND Scotty Pippin's number (3 - 3)

:D

Of course, Phil's philosophy is apparently closer to Yoda's..... ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 23rd, 2001, 02:19:20 AM
Thats my probably with Nostradamus one can take anything he wrote and make it to mean anything you want. Personally I have never believed anything written about the man. He was either a fruit cake or was just made it all up for fun.

Darth McBain
Aug 23rd, 2001, 09:29:32 AM
Yeah - I'm right with ya Carr... You could take anything he wrote and after enough time goes by, _something_ has got to fit with it. Then everyone thinks - ooooohhhh, he's some mystic who predicted everything... Personally I feel it is just a crock. Maybe not from his point of view - hey, a man's got a right to make predictions if he wants to, but how every event which kind of fits with his vague predictions we take to be a prophecy I just think is a lot of baloney... But hey, it makes good material for the National Enquirer....

Le Machin
Aug 23rd, 2001, 05:04:37 PM
"The Emperor doesn't have a beard!"

By "Emperor", Nostradamus meant George Lucas- who has a beard, and has been regarded as a king (emperor) in the movie business. The three and three and none, of course, are the Original Trilogy, the Prequels, and the three sequels which will not be made. (none)

That's a great find, though! Nostradamus is fascinating.

TK139
Aug 23rd, 2001, 08:02:56 PM
Either way....the day will come and we will have a answer.

Darth23
Aug 23rd, 2001, 10:10:54 PM
About GL being the Emperor, I know, it was a joke. (didn't you see the ";) "?

We all knwo that James Cameron is 'King of the World, though. ;) ;) ;)

...with Nostradamus one can take anything he wrote and make it to mean anything you want

That was the point of my Chicago Bulls interpretation. :)

Hart Kenobi
Aug 23rd, 2001, 10:14:43 PM
Interesting thought, but I think Nostradamus simply picks a noun and a verb, puts them together, and then somewhere along the line in history it will happen.

Darth23
Aug 24th, 2001, 07:49:40 AM
I've seen stuff on Nostradamus since the 70's I've never seen interpretations which accurately predict FUTURE events. They all seem to be good at matching hiw writings to things that have already happened.

Doc Milo
Aug 24th, 2001, 01:18:04 PM
I've seen stuff on Nostradamus since the 70's I've never seen interpretations which accurately predict FUTURE events. They all seem to be good at matching hiw writings to things that have already happened.

Darth23, how else could it be done? No one can see the future to know whether or not Nostradamus saw the future, and recorded it accurately. The best we can do is find something that has happened in our past (but would be Nostradamus' future) and see if anything he wrote predicts that event.... See what I mean? How can we tell whether something predicts the future when we can't see that future until it becomes the past?

Jedi Master Carr
Aug 24th, 2001, 04:13:50 PM
I'd see what you mean but I'd still don't believe. I don't believe anybody has the power to see into the future (I don't believe in psychics either) I don't believe humans have that power and that is why I doubt Nostradamus' predictions and any others since.

buff jedi 2
Aug 24th, 2001, 06:34:12 PM
You all know me,Know im not to bright BUT DO keep in mind that there those who can predict SOME of the future ,such as psychics BUT like I said SOME of the future .Most of the time they would be called FALSE PROPHTS (spell check) the BIBLE (not yelling) speaks of them. But there power would come from satan not God.

buffjedi/wookieboy

Doc Milo
Aug 24th, 2001, 06:55:41 PM
I believe we all have the power to see the future -- we just don't remember what we see. I've speculated before that in our deepest sleep, we actually transcend our bodies and catch "glimpses" of possible future events (possible, because the future always depends upon our decisions.) And sometimes we remember those glimpse as those events begin to unfold -- which would explain deja-vu

But I really don't believe these so-called psychics. Was Nostradamus really predicting the future? I don't know. I don't think he was. I just found that quote fascinating none-the-less.

Now here is another thing to ponder. What if someone predicts a future and it turns out wrong. Was that someone's prediction really wrong, or, did people who knew about the prediction thus make different decisions and that possible future the "psychic" saw never transpired because of those different decisions?

Always in motion is the future....

buff jedi 2
Aug 24th, 2001, 07:11:23 PM
I predicted Doc Milo's post would confuse me . I was right!!!!!!!! ;)

buffjedi/wookieboy

Jedieb
Aug 24th, 2001, 09:33:59 PM
LOL buff! :0

I swear I get bouts of deja vu that are downright scary. I feel as if I'm caught in a loop and living the same life over and over again. Can anyone predict the future? Can psychics really tell us what lies ahead? Can Miss Cleo help me find the pair of glasses I lost 2 months ago? Will my cat Toonces succeed in her quest to dominate the planet and make all humans her slaves? Some questions will never be answered. Except for that cat one, we should know how that turns out in a few years. Unless Toonces can somehow clone herself and continually pass her evil spirit from one cat clone on to the next. Or maybe she'll rise from the dead one day and claim her throne. At some point I crossed the line OF complete aburdity in this thread, I just don't know where. I can't get over the strange feeling that I've written this before.....
HOLY CRAP I'VE GOTTEN DEJA VU AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc Milo
Aug 25th, 2001, 04:49:45 AM
You are so right, Jedieb! Cats ARE evil!!!!!