PDA

View Full Version : Threepio's new duds

Darth McBain
Aug 29th, 2001, 09:02:07 AM
Have y'all seen the update on the official site regarding C3PO's new look? Looks to be pretty cool. One thing that caught me was.... (Possible Spoiler)

"After ten years of waiting, C-3PO finally receives his coverings, thanks to the helpful hands of Padmé Amidala."

I had always assumed that Threepio was Anakin's creation, but that he and Padme jointly worked on it could symbolize them creating new life (i.e. having children) and would foreshadow what's to come. It could also explain why Vader, in EP V, doesn't allow Boba Fett to shoot Chewie (who's carrying Threepio), as it could be that he holds some sentimental value for C-3PO (and Padme as she helped build him) and doesn't want him destroyed. It could be an unconcious link that Vader has with his old self which might be part of his salvation at the end.

I don't know if that could be considered a spoiler, but better safe than sorry.

General Ceel
Aug 29th, 2001, 12:39:19 PM
Great connections. It sounds very possible and very George Lucas like.

Hart Kenobi
Sep 1st, 2001, 01:44:08 PM
Sounds interesting and it's a reasonable explanation for certain events.

Jedi Master Kyle
Sep 1st, 2001, 05:34:48 PM
Or maybe Vader just didn't want Boba Fett accidentally wasting Solo. But what you guys have come up with also sounds really possible.

buff jedi 2
Sep 1st, 2001, 08:57:21 PM
I think he didnt want Leia to get hit OR he was going to use them as leverage agian Luke IF he had to.

buffjedi/wookieboy

Doc Milo
Sep 2nd, 2001, 12:07:47 PM
That's what I think, Buff. As long as Han, Leia and co. were alive, they were bait. Dead, he couldn't be sure if Luke would sense there deaths in the Force and just turn back. He could also use them, alive, as a method to turn Luke, to make him angry as he tortured them, etc...

buff jedi 2
Sep 2nd, 2001, 03:51:47 PM
Wow , I finally said something that made sense.:D

buffjedi/wookieboy

Hart Kenobi
Sep 16th, 2001, 11:33:00 AM
Maybe Vader just wanted to protect the freezing process from any malfunctions. After all, a stray bolt could've ruined his chances for freezing Luke afterwards.