PDA

View Full Version : Your SW Memorabilia policy: To keep or to sell?

Hart
Sep 21st, 2001, 05:25:01 PM
Do you guys collect so that you can make future profit, or because you want a "peice" of your generation, something taht you will enjoy for a lifetime?

Jedieb
Sep 21st, 2001, 06:57:40 PM
They'll be prying my collection from my cold, dead hands! Every once in awhile I may sell something that I regret buying to clear up some space, but I plan on keeping the vast majority of my SW stuff. Collecting SW for profit is a fool's game. You'd probably make more money in a savings account earning less than 2%. People hear stories about vinly caped Jawas and the start to see dollar signs. Today's SW merchandise isn't going to increase in value the way vintage stuff did because there are too many basements full of unopened boxes of SW merchandise out there. This stuff is never going to be rare. There's also so much out there that even if you do have a valuable piece, you probably have a plethora of other items that have fallen in value and will never see a big jump in price. There's also all the other cost factors people never seem to take into consideration; gas, time, etc.

Collect because you love crap with the SW name on it, not because you want to make a buck.

BUFFJEDI
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:24:00 PM
I'm li,ke Eb(s) they will pry it out my dead hands :) I so love my collection.From the open nothings to the un opened . If I ever have kids I don't know if I'd let them even play with my toy's :p
If someone told me they would give a MILLION dollars for my collection I'd truley say no.I have not just money/time in it but a love and MANY memories That money could never buy.

Eb's is the Vinyl Jawa really worth something ? I have one BUT I thought the cloth capes was the one to have?

Hart
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:57:19 PM
I still don't know what I would do with mine. I thoroughly enjoy having them, though I can't bring myself to take anything out of the boxes.

BUFFJEDI
Sep 21st, 2001, 10:14:40 PM
Buy two,Play with one :)
Thats what I have always TRIED to do.

JMK
Sep 21st, 2001, 11:32:10 PM
I'll never sell my stuff unless I absolutely was in the worst dire straits imaginable. I don't open my stuff either, I just like the look of my walls covered in Star Wars figures. I have my vintage figs on display, so that suits me just fine.

Hart
Sep 21st, 2001, 11:44:11 PM
See, that's the thing. Mine are all hidden in a drawer in my room. It's like I'm preserving them more than physically enjoying them.

JMK
Sep 22nd, 2001, 08:07:06 PM
Mine are slowly coming down off my bedroom walls. I have 4 boxes full and it doesn't look like I've moved anything. Then I'll be in the preservation stage...

X-wing
Sep 27th, 2001, 05:21:04 AM
Pry it out of my cold dead hands. The heck with that. I will be having my collection buried with me. ;)

It's going to be a BIIIG coffin. :D

BUFFJEDI
Sep 27th, 2001, 09:56:05 AM
:lol