PDA

View Full Version : To Do List (Adding Features)

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 04:38:13 PM
I'm planning to add the following features to the board shortly. If anyone would like to see a feature not listed here, please post with your suggestion. :)

"Mark Individual Forums Read" option

"Disable HTML in post"option

"Disable Avatar" option

Master Account option (still not sure if this will even get done, so don't get your hopes up)

I'm sure I had others in mind, but it's hard to remeber them all at once. I'll add to this list as I think of options. Consider this our upgrades, which have zilch in common with Ezboard "upgrades". :D

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 05:23:23 PM
Also, I've just added one new feature:

Normally, after you make a post, you will be returned to the thread you just posted in. I personally like this, since I always return to the thread to be sure that I didn't make any typos. However, you now have the option to return to the topic summary page (like with Ezboard), if you wish. Just check the appropriate box at the reply screen. :)

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2001, 05:29:36 PM
I love the staying in thread way, as I just open about 6 windows :)

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 06:01:13 PM
Ok, I finished making the vB code for iframes. the code is [ inwindow=xxx ]www.urlgoeshere.com[ /inwindow ]

Remove the spaces before and after the brackets, and replace the xxx with the desired height for the iframe.

Example:

oralse.cx

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2001, 06:04:37 PM
what about Width?

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 06:09:49 PM
It's set at a maximum of 400, to prevent the stretching of tables.

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 07:33:28 PM
We will be disabling the use of HTML in sigs and posts if we can get enough vB codes going?

HTML can really devastate the board if used incorrectly. :\

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 07:36:29 PM
HTML was never disabled at the old board, and the only problems it caused was deformed tables (on some rare occasions). Plus, it's much easier to correct problems here if people abuse the HTML. But yes, if it becomes too problematic, we'll disable it.

I just made the iframe vB Code to make it easier to use. However, that too can be easily abused. So again, if that happens, it'll be removed.

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 07:38:47 PM
Coolios. Most vBs I post on have HTML disabled since vB codes can pretty much do everything a user may want.

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 07:41:44 PM
So I've noticed. Most people from the vB Support forums are like "We reccomend against enabling HTML".

So you know what that means? You people should consider yourselves lucky! :D

In all seriousness - I think what I said about HTML in signatures applies here as well:
For the time being HTML is enabled for use in your signature. This is done on the basis of trust that you, the posters, will not abuse this privilege. If this becomes a problem, HTML will be disabled and you will only be allowed to use vB code for your signature.

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:13:05 PM
Added a "Log Out" button to the top of every page. :)

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:18:04 PM
Noticed that. :)

Is it supposed to be that darker blue colour though? It makes it stand out more, but I wonder if it was intentional.

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:21:07 PM
Well, it's like this: Yog made all the buttons, so I have to wait for him to make one just like all the others. But for now, I think the fact that it's a different color will help people notice that it's been added. :)

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:24:15 PM
I say leave it a different colour. Blue is for user-related things. Logoff no longer makes you a user

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:27:24 PM
I also like the idea that it's a different colour. Stands out more. I say leave it as is. :)

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:29:36 PM
But I... I can't! It's going to bug the bloody hell out of me if it stays like this. :(

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:33:00 PM
Nup - Is it just me, or does this thread keep jumping back to the IFRAME you inserted up above?

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:37:00 PM
I haven't seen it do that. :|

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:38:36 PM
He's right. I come to this page, it jumps down

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:39:27 PM
:\

It happens on the reply screen. I start typing and then suddenly the page is down lower on the IFRAME post. Kind of annoying. :(

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:44:19 PM
I just tried to duplicate this both in the normal thread and the reply screen with no success. In fact, the iframe doesn't appear in the reply screen, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

My only guess is that it has to do with Altavista. iFrames are obviously used in signatures (namely mine) without a problem.

Edit ~ Ok, I've gotten it to do it once in the actual thread. That's the only time, though. :\

ReaperFett
Sep 22nd, 2001, 08:52:29 AM
Okay, heres one. Can you make it so top and stickythreads are different colours to normal? It can get confusing when you see someone has posted, and have to search down for the first non sticky topic

Nupraptor
Sep 22nd, 2001, 09:01:16 PM
Going to see about adding the option to disable your avatar for a post, so they don't get as repetetive.

xwing15
Sep 23rd, 2001, 01:52:39 AM
Hi Guys. The new board looks great. Just a quick question for you, I know that this would have cost some money for you to set this up, let alone many hours of your time.

I would like to donate some money to try and show my appreciation for this. Can one of you please email me if I can become a contributor.

TheHolo.Net
Sep 23rd, 2001, 02:08:07 AM
xwing15: see this thread. :)

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8

X-wing
Sep 23rd, 2001, 07:29:40 AM
Thanks. :)

Nupraptor
Sep 24th, 2001, 01:04:05 AM
Thank you :)

And one a side note: The Master Account feature is now being worked on. I don't have an ETA when it'll be done, but I don't expect it to take too long. :D

TheHolo.Net
Sep 24th, 2001, 03:12:02 AM
Placing a link to the topic regarding "mark forums read" here, for easy reference.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=15986

TheHolo.Net
Sep 25th, 2001, 10:08:36 PM
Added a feature that allows posters to change the format of the date display, from within their user control panel options.

X-wing
Sep 26th, 2001, 05:47:30 AM
Hey guys, is it possible to change the last reply field so that it is narrower? This field looks like it is squashing up the topic field. I am running at 800*600, so it's not TOO bad, but it looks a little cluttered.

:)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 26th, 2001, 05:50:38 AM
Try changing your date field to a smaller format within your control panel options. That should give the last reply field more room.

X-wing
Sep 26th, 2001, 06:18:20 AM
I tried that, but when I submit the modifications, and go to the board again, it still shows up in the same (long) format. When I go to the control panel again, it still shows up as using the forum default. Am I doing something wrong?

TheHolo.Net
Sep 26th, 2001, 06:31:43 AM
Give it another try. I just tested it again and had some problems, but think I fixed it.

X-wing
Sep 26th, 2001, 06:34:20 AM
I don't know what you did, but it worked a charm. Thanks. :D