PDA

View Full Version : Favorite All Time SW Collectible

Jedieb
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:36:08 PM
It's been done before, but a new board deserves a fresh start. My all time favorite is my Revenge of the Jedi poster. A close second would have to go to my vintage Death Star Playset.

Hart
Sep 21st, 2001, 05:22:04 PM
Maybe to keep for a while and THEN sell?

I think that's basically my reasoning of collecting SW stuff. So that I would have something of that era that I enjoyed, and maybe sell for a large profit later.

So I've never actually posed any of them. They are still mint in their boxes. All except the lightsaber and a POTF Vader.

JMK
Sep 21st, 2001, 05:24:49 PM
My favorite Star Wars item (though not an official Lucasfilm item) is my autographed star wars trivial pursuit game board from all the Star Wars folk I've met.

Otherwise, it would have to be my 3 vinyl records of the OT. The ANH copy has a MINT poster inside, it's sooooo old school, it's a painting of the death star battle, but there's like 3 or 4 falcons in it!

Jedieb
Sep 21st, 2001, 07:01:34 PM
Those vinly records sound sweet! That's something I might actually go after one day. Nice pieces JMK, how long have you had them for? What did they set you back?

BUFFJEDI
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:15:39 PM
Hey JMK, are you talking about the 45's with the story books?

1.the plush Chewbacca doll(slept with it for years /sometimes still do (have another under wraps)

2.SW bed sheets/curtains

3.Chewbacca KNEE High socks (old school BB socks)

4.blue snaggle tooth

5.Revege jedi Button (maybe fake)

6.sw/esb popup books

Heck I just did an over view of my stuff and cant remember :rolleyes

JMK
Sep 21st, 2001, 11:29:34 PM
Jedieb, the ANH one cost me $1 (Canadian, so that's like a nickel for you...plus it was mint and the vintage poster). ESB was the last of the 3, and it cost me $30, and Jedi set me back a few bucks. Well worth the money. I've had the ANH for about 5 years, the Jedi for 3 or 4 and ESB I picked up at a convention, hence the heftier price tag.

Buff: They're the big ones (60's maybe?), with no storybooks or anything like that. Although I do own the "Story of Star Wars" on vinyl as well.

X-wing
Sep 27th, 2001, 05:25:48 AM
I have a 3 foot high Vader Metallic statue, from Compulsion gallery in the UK. It's the centrepiece of my collection. :)

BUFFJEDI
Sep 27th, 2001, 09:53:05 AM
wow, I bet that cost a pretty penny.do you have any pics ?

X-wing
Oct 2nd, 2001, 03:57:01 AM
My sis took some pics (I have never bothered getting a camera). When she emails the pics to me, I will post them.

This was 2 weeks ago she took the pics. She is very slack.

imported_QuiGonJ
Oct 11th, 2001, 04:19:26 PM
I'll wanna frame my Revenge Poster someday, but as it's in a LucasFilm mailing tube dated March of 1983, I think it's wicked cool as is.

My fave item is my 12-back Artoo I picked up around 1980. It's in C5-C6 shape, but Kenny Baker signed it, so that's why it's my fave piece.

X-wing
Oct 13th, 2001, 05:56:47 AM
OK, you asked for a piccie, so here it is (finally). Enjoy.

:D

http://www.69megs.com/pages/xwing15/3'%20metal%20Darth%20Vader.jpg

Hart
Oct 13th, 2001, 05:51:48 PM
Me want, ME WANT!

imported_Dara Shadowtide
Oct 28th, 2001, 03:27:47 PM
My two favorite all time SW collectibles are my Revenge of the Jedi patch which came in the SW Fan Club renewal kits back then, and my handwritten letter from Anthony Daniels on ESB stationery with an autographed 8x10 that he sent. I still have the mailing envelope with it too with the London postmark. :)

BUFFJEDI
Oct 29th, 2001, 03:57:41 PM
I cant see the Picture X-wing:(

X-wing
Oct 31st, 2001, 08:01:51 PM
You should be able to see it. I have a very slow server ($%$#), so you may have to wait for it to load, but the pic is there for me.:\

BUFFJEDI
Nov 1st, 2001, 06:01:41 PM
wow what a pretty red X.:lol

I hate it when that happens:(

I'd still want it sight unseen:smokin

Sax Tharkas
Nov 8th, 2001, 09:02:37 PM
Oh mine would definatly be my Boba Fett action figure. Beings I only have a few actual collectibles to pick from, he would be my most favorite. Though, I do like my friends X-Wing and Luke Skywalker, that I am secretly going to steal from him. Bwuahahahha!!!!