PDA

View Full Version : A concern regarding user post counts

Champion of the Force
Sep 20th, 2001, 09:40:11 PM
I just discovered something. At the moment, we're pretty much giving users' their posts based on TOTAL posts from ezboard.

However, what about posters who have gained extraordinarily huge post counts on ezboard, but only a fraction of those on SWFans?

For example, Foxdvd has over 10,000 posts on ezboard, but only around 1000 on SWFans.

Rama has over 20,000, but has only achieved around 3000 on SWFans.

Can you see what I'm getting at?

Posters like CMJ have contributed a hell of a lot towards SWFans in the past, and have done 95% of their posting on SWFans, but because they never really posted much on other boards they have nowhere near the totals of posters like Rama and Fox, even though they've probably contributed a hell of a lot more.

Maybe post counts are irrelevant, but I see them as an example of how much one has contributed to a community. It doesn't seem right that those who posted/spammed other boards get all the posts. :\

PS. I've reduced my total post count to what I had in line with my Atreyu and Champion of the Force accounts according to ezboard (approx. 600 + approx. 200). Practicising what I preach.

Nupraptor
Sep 20th, 2001, 10:00:28 PM
Since my Ezboard account was deleted, that makes my count a big fat zero. :p But I've made 120 posts here so far, so I put it to that.

Champion of the Force
Sep 20th, 2001, 10:02:21 PM
LOL. Well I wouldn't set it exactly to what ezboard has stated as your total. But rather a rough idea. Rama for instance has about another 1000 posts on SWFans than what ezboard states. :)

TheHolo.Net
Sep 20th, 2001, 10:39:57 PM
The reply screen in here sure did go mighty white all the sudden. O_O

I set6 Ogre back to about 1000 or so posts. I really have no idea approximately how many I had, the account was deleted so many times its insane. @_@

Nupraptor
Sep 21st, 2001, 09:30:43 AM
Each time I had my account deleted, I had 1,000+ posts at SWFans. It's like they intentionally wait until I hit that mark before deleting it. :\

However, I'm going to stay with my nice, low post count. Show people that PC's aren't everything. :)