PDA

View Full Version : Go Bush!

Admiral Lebron
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:27:19 PM
To every nation, in every region of the world, you have a choice, you are with us or against us..

And to our Army boys and girls..

Be ready.

Ryu Warusa
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:30:37 PM
Wooo!

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:33:01 PM
:D

Admiral Lebron
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:33:53 PM
Heh.. finally, some good words coming out of his mouth. :)

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:34:24 PM
YES...I am listening to that on the radio right now. Good speech so far! :D

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:35:04 PM
Radio? Why not television?

Admiral Lebron
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:36:30 PM
I am doing both. Radio is faster.

Seth Darkserpent
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:37:10 PM
O_o

Admiral Lebron
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:38:28 PM
We will not falter and we will not fail...

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:39:26 PM
Because I am on the pc and there is no TV in this room! ;)

Admiral Lebron
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:40:51 PM
Is it just me or does there seem to be twice as much clapping as there is speaking?

ReaperFett
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:42:11 PM
This must be about the first time I've seen Bush speak without looking at his cards every 10 seconds. That was from the heart. It wasn't a threatening speech, it was a rallying speech, what is needed. I have gained some respect for him

And yeah, there was a lot of standing ovations, wasnt there?

Jedi Master Leia Solo
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:44:37 PM
I agree Fett. I was never a fan of the man...but he sounds so sincere and means business!

Admiral Lebron
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:49:14 PM
BLOW 'EM ALL UP!

Jedah Lynch
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:49:46 PM
From a nation divided to a nation united.

From a nation divided over their elected leader to a nation standing behind him.

Things have changed.

The world is watching.

Bush better do the right thing, as it is history will judge him for what he does.

No time to drop the ball now.

ReaperFett
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:52:29 PM
It will be interesting to see if he keeps to his promise to counter ALL terrorism. I really cannot see it happening. How can he get the support of the people when, for example, Etta bombs Spain? Many will oppose them stepping in. I fear they wont

Alpha
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:54:25 PM
Bush did a great job on the speech. Even a 13 year old who's respect doesn't come easy is beginning to respect this president. Unlike the last one....

imported_Eve
Sep 20th, 2001, 09:26:02 PM
Well first of all... you guys know that he said the problem wouldn't be solved today... and he made no claims that it would be a fast process. Bush told us what we needed to hear to carry on, which is what he should do as our leader.

Plus we can't do it alone, no matter how much money or military we have. It's a world-wide problem, and everyone agrees that they want it stopped, but I only see the Americans, and the British acting. It's always foreigners to America who criticize that we can't do it, yet they wouldn't lend a hand in the first place. Am I wrong?

This is something that I am educated in, and you can bet all that you have that what Bush said tonight will be upheld. We have the resources to do it, and we have the will, which Bush just re-enforced.

This isn't about picking apart his words, or making predictions. America has ALWAYS lived up to its word, sometimes at our own expense, and always all by ourselves. That's what we're made of, and this situation will be no different.

So go on picking apart our ideals here, sit in your happy chairs and watch it all from miles away. I mean what else do you have to do when it doesn't really affect you.

ReaperFett
Sep 20th, 2001, 09:53:10 PM
Fett, I pronounce you King f**kup

Sorry for posting what I said. I didn't mean it as harsh as it sounded. I'm just highly opinionated in terrorism.

Think someone last week said it best. "This has nothing to do with you"

Sorry again

imported_Eve
Sep 20th, 2001, 10:12:31 PM
It does have to do with you. And with the IRA on your mind daily, i understand...

It's like they say here... don't bitch about the president unless you voted or take a care with that sort of stuff. I see criticism from people who ARE part of the issue, but don't plan on doing anything about it.

I mean, are you happy to let terrorism happen? just because you think it can't be stopped? It's wrong, plain and simple, and we should, to any end, try to stop it.

Lynch said it - it takes a tragedy to wake people up. Are you awake now, or are we going to stir and let the problem stand with no attempt at solution? Are we gonna sit here and argue when we know who the enemy is and we know what they did was wrong? or are we gonna go get them?

Don't take me personal. I am American after all, and yeah this kinda stuff irritates me, but, also as we say here, "I may not like what you have to say, but I'll defend your right to say it"

... and thats what we're doing.

imported_Eve
Sep 20th, 2001, 10:45:31 PM
We discussed this in IM.

Again I say, that we got some steam from our president's speech, and comments to the discussion that you guys were having takes it away... which will upset some people. You have the right to say it, but its hard to fight when people don't have faith in you or your ideals.

And our ideals are good. They're characteristic of yours, if I'm not mistaken. Our idealism, whether you guys doubt it (which I don't) is carrying us along, and we need it to get through.

Lady Vader
Sep 20th, 2001, 11:44:03 PM
I'm proud of what Bush said and I'm backing him up 100%.

Sometimes you don't see the problem clearly until it smashes into you full in the face like it did last Tuesday. Those countries that think they are oh so safe right now, won't be thinking that when the terrorists decide they will be the next targets. We will never be truely safe until all those bastards are cleaned up and out.

That's why the world needs to pull together. This is a collective problem. Much like the Yuuzhan Vong are a collective problem to those of the Star Wars universe, so are these terrorists a collective problem to the world we live in.

I will do all in my part to aid and back up what the Prez said today. It's true what they say: United we stand. Divided we fall.

We will be United, and we will Stand. It will be the terrorists that Fall.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 21st, 2001, 12:07:32 AM
And they will follow that path all the way to where it ends in history's unmarked grave of discarded lies.

That is a great quote. I love it. I missed the speech so I'm reading a transcript right now.. :)

ReaperFett
Sep 21st, 2001, 05:30:34 AM
It does have to do with you.
Not really. Not my President, is it? Nothing to do with me

And with the IRA on your mind daily, i understand...
I can't use that for an excuse. The IRA is near dead nowadays. There is a splinter group still (Real IRA), but are so far away from the original group now