PDA

View Full Version : Hello?

foxdvd
Sep 20th, 2001, 04:14:33 PM
Where did my post go!!!! :(

Ogre Mal Pannis
Sep 20th, 2001, 04:15:37 PM
The test thread you posted was moved to the General Discussion forum.

JMK
Sep 20th, 2001, 07:26:52 PM
Hey Fox! Nice to see ya! :D

Champion of the Force
Sep 20th, 2001, 08:28:07 PM
Mesa here. :)

foxdvd
Sep 21st, 2001, 12:22:37 AM
slowly we start to to grow...I hope everyone that changed their name does what Luke Skywalker does in his sig...that will help

Champion of the Force
Sep 21st, 2001, 12:29:46 AM
I can't even see my sig - I've disabled them all in my options. :)

Doc Milo
Sep 21st, 2001, 01:27:37 PM
I'm finally here. Wow -- lots of options. And this board is really fast!

Jedieb
Sep 21st, 2001, 02:39:50 PM
I'm finally able to post! I do like all of the little extras this board has to offer. It's going to take awhile to learn all the bells and whistles, but it should be fun.

Master Skywalker
Sep 21st, 2001, 03:10:04 PM
I have a secret identity!!!!
With this identity I will be able to wreck havoc!!!
Master Skywalker unleashes painful Force Eye Pokes! None are familiar with the Force Moe Block! All are temporarily blinded. Master Skywalker laughs with glee. And it's an evil laugh!!!!! :evil :evil :evil

Jedieb
Sep 21st, 2001, 03:12:35 PM
Crap I can't see! That's not funny you putz!

JMK
Sep 21st, 2001, 05:17:23 PM
ARGH! Mine eyes!

TheHolo.Net
Sep 22nd, 2001, 12:41:59 AM
*Blink, blink*

Darth23
Sep 22nd, 2001, 09:15:55 AM
I want my post count back!!!

:-|

:p

Champion of the Force
Sep 22nd, 2001, 07:06:48 PM
I've updated your post total Darth. :)

I hope I got it right - the old board has already been redirected to here so I couldn't double-check your total, so I made a rough guess. :)

JMK
Sep 22nd, 2001, 08:05:00 PM
Question: If my post count at the old digs was 2992 in my profile, how come it's like approx 2600 here? Not that I care that much, but just curious...

Champion of the Force
Sep 22nd, 2001, 08:11:57 PM
We've only updated your post totals based on total posts done on the old SWFans board. To do this we simply sent to your latest posts on the old board and looks at the post number.

Obviously some of you have contributed more posts that what ezboard would let on since the 'posts per board' option was only activated around early last year. But it's easier this way. :)

JonathanLB
Sep 24th, 2001, 03:55:11 PM
Very interesting....

Darth23
Sep 24th, 2001, 04:51:18 PM
I wonder if my pictures are working yet....

Darth23
Sep 24th, 2001, 04:55:25 PM
Maybe now.

Champion of the Force
Sep 24th, 2001, 05:33:45 PM
:: updates Jon's post total ::

JonathanLB
Sep 24th, 2001, 06:18:32 PM
Thanks. Sorry for not registering sooner.

Me = lazy lately.

Champion of the Force
Sep 24th, 2001, 06:40:13 PM
Not that it really matters. This place has stopped dead in the water ever since the move. :\

Master Skywalker
Sep 24th, 2001, 10:44:41 PM
MY PANTS LOVE THIS NEW BOARD!!!!!!!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 25th, 2001, 05:56:57 AM
I've noticed that. Part it I think is attrubited to the weekend, plus there is nothing to talk about this weekend with no really good movies out. That should change next weekend we got three so and I am certain that I am going to Hearts in Atlantis, but Zoolander does look funny. Nice to see you on board Jonathan, Now I wonder where CMJ is.

JonathanLB
Sep 25th, 2001, 08:20:34 AM
Good to see you too, Carr.

I just didn't feel like going and registering again immediately, so I was just kind of being *extremely* lazy.

I was... not exactly... umm... in a right frame of mind Friday. Use your imagination to figure out what exactly that means, haha, but you wouldn't have wanted me to post then. Oh no, hehe. Then I was at the beach Saturday until the night, watched the U of O game (wow!), watched Varsity Blues (what's up with this? It's decent at best), and went to bed. Sunday wasn't too active, except the 3 hours I spent long distance on the phone (one with my best friend, one with a girl who is a friend going to Villanova, and the other with my parents and sister).

So, now I'm working on my second book again finally. Still trying to figure out what the hell is up with the first one, though. Ugg. I called my agent but he got back to me too late (I was at class), so I'll try again tomorrow. Quite frustrating...

Jedi Master Carr
Sep 25th, 2001, 12:42:25 PM
No problem, Jon, still it seems you are not as lazy as CMJ he has been here yet :p Also maybe I just forgot but what is your second book about? I know the first was about TPM's box office but I just don't remember for some reason what the second book's subject is.

JonathanLB
Sep 26th, 2001, 12:50:14 AM
Actually, the first book is just on The Phantom Menace in general.

I'll let you guys preview the site for the book if you want, but I will warn you now that if you start looking through the flash part you're going to get errors that crash your browser most likely. At least, I do, and I think other people do too. You can click the flash part, just avoid actually using anything in it (and switch to "off" after you've seen the intro), then you'll be ok.

The first book outline is all on that site and it's quite condensed, really. One to three paragraphs per chapter, generally one. It keeps it simple and easy for people to understand what the book is about without having to waste too much time, plus there are a few comments from other professionals who have reviewed the book in some respect.

The box office chapters (Domestic and International) comprise only about 65 pages of the 300+ page book I believe. That's a significant portion, for sure, but by no means the focus of the book.

Here is the working site, which should be fixed relatively soon and launched at JonathanLBowen.com (already registered to me):

http://www.jlbmedia.com/book/index.shtml

(I didn't make the site; my Web designer makes all of the sites).

The second book is as yet untitled and is about DreamWorks SKG. It's a history of the company's first eight years or so, roughly. I'm soon to be in the process of obtaining interview commentary. The film head here at Loyola knows Steven Spielberg, Walter Parkes, Laurdie Macdonald (the latter two are co-heads of production at DreamWorks), plus tons of other people in the industry. I will not seek commentary from Spielberg, hehe, nor do I think I could get it. He's too busy. I don't need that anyway. I would like to talk to Walter Parkes, though. Him or Laurie would be fine. They'll be able to provide me with a lot of information and exclusive quotes I hope...

Dutchy
Sep 30th, 2001, 06:13:57 PM
Yay! I can finally also post here. :)

Dutchy
Sep 30th, 2001, 06:20:02 PM
Hmmm... why was my post counter reset? Now I look like a freakin' newbie again. :(

Jedieb
Sep 30th, 2001, 08:23:50 PM
Ha Ha! Dutchy only has 3 posts! ;)

Champion of the Force
Sep 30th, 2001, 10:35:49 PM
:: sigh ::

Another one! I had hoped we had updated all the totals for the major posters, but they just keep coming and coming ...

Here's 403 posts for you Dutchy. Forgive me if I say that I didn't bother double-checking and I just typed in a random number so you won't look like a newbie. :)