PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day!

Zenas Codrey
May 12th, 2013, 10:48:49 AM
I know we have a few moms here on the forum, so Happy Mother's Day to all of you!

My family's Mother's Day tradition is to loudly sing Paul and Storm's Mother's Day Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu3fNh9arlA) to our mom after dinner at the fanciest restaurant we can find, so they can't throw us out for singing it before they feed us. This year, we're all to spread out, so we're Skyping it in to her in about 10 minutes. What's everyone else doing for Mother's Day?

Cirrsseeto Quez
May 12th, 2013, 08:08:51 PM
My mom taught me how to cook and we still like going to interesting little places around town and to farmers markets.

I made her some farmhouse cheddar cheese, asiago rosemary focaccia bread, applewood rosemary bacon, and gave her trimmings from a bunch of my herb plants, and took her to eat at a nice german restaurant in town. Christin designed mom a card that was incredibly hilarious. We had leberwurst sandwiches, hot potato salad, a few pints of dunkelweizen, and schwärtzwalder kirschtorte.

Jo Holloway
May 13th, 2013, 11:16:42 AM
We went to church, then to lunch, and then to IKEA where I got new curtain rods and curtains and a cabinet for more storage in the living room. Cabinet was already put together because we bought the floor model, but we got some drawers to put into it.

Got home, I put everything together and installed the curtain rod/curtains (after removing the old ones) while Ty went to a friends house to watch the last game of the WHL championship (we won). :)

It wasn't an apple tree like I asked for, but it was good. :p