PDA

View Full Version : Bombings in Boston during Boston Marathon

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 15th, 2013, 03:32:16 PM
This is pretty horrible
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/15/explosions-near-finish-of-boston-marathon/?hpt=hp_t1

so far at least 2 are dead and over 100 injured with 2 bombings at the Boston Marathon today. It is a horrible situation. I have friends up there and was just up there a few months ago. My thoughts are prayers are with everyone in the city.

Kyle Krogen
Apr 15th, 2013, 03:38:27 PM
The reports are all over the place. I've seen some saying there were three explosions, more bombs that were not detonated, and 12 dead and 50+ injured. Hard to pin down what the truth is. I have a feeling we are just going to have to wait until the dust settles. I've also seen reports that they grabbed a Pakistan man nearby as a prime suspect. The videos/pictures paint a terrifying picture.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 15th, 2013, 03:51:01 PM
Yeah they also messed up on the JFK fire. Reports tried to say it was a bombing but it seems to be unrelated. It will be a while before we get a clear picture of what happened.

CMJ
Apr 15th, 2013, 04:10:41 PM
I think ESPN has had the best coverage so far. Very little conjecture - mostly just interviews with people who were actually running and their families.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 16th, 2013, 12:27:34 AM
It's a terrible thing, and one of the dead is an eight year old boy. I hope they catch whoever is responsible, and I wish I never have to hear the term "false flag" again. Conspiracy nut Facebook friend, you are very close to being cut. :x

Satkia Beltrak
Apr 16th, 2013, 06:24:30 AM
I'm still so shocked by those news. I hope that they catch whoever is responsible for those atrocities. :(

I was so relieved to hear that the family I have in Boston is fine, as I wasn't sure if one of them were nearby or not yesterday.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 19th, 2013, 12:10:35 PM
Boston is still under lockdown with one of the suspects dead, and the other still wanted. It is horrible there right now, and kinda of unbelievable to see a major city shut down like this.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 19th, 2013, 12:19:17 PM
I spent most of the night last night reading the SA thread about it and listening to the live feed from Watertown. It's pretty insane how it all went down.

Crusader
Apr 19th, 2013, 03:03:19 PM
What really messes with my brain is the fact that the younger brother seemed to have been a decent guy. Normally people do not have that many good words for a person that went postal or participated in a terrorist attack. I seriously hope that this guy surrenders since I am honestly curious about his motives.

Droo
Apr 19th, 2013, 06:47:53 PM
Confirmations coming through that he is now in police custody. Heard crowds cheering at the scene about five or ten minutes before that, it's been a staggering experience following this live on the news and all over Twitter.

Jedi Master Carr
Apr 20th, 2013, 05:45:09 PM
Yeah it was so great that it the whole thing is over. It was a very intense day and a rough week, but it's over. They had a moving day at Fenway, and it helped with the healing of the city. Of course, the Red Sox won, which helps.