PDA

View Full Version : Hello (again)

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 27th, 2013, 04:34:17 PM
*waves to all*

A few years ago, I passed by, but didn't stay long. This time I'm here to stay and actually get to know those of you I don't know yet from another place! :D

OOC, I'm a French geek/transmedia scholar who loves working on Science Fiction papers, spending hours writing RP posts, making graphics, chatting...

IC, I'd like to request a rank transfer for this Jedi Master of mine. Basically Satkia was born on Nar Shadda (she is 28) and started working on mechanics from a young age and also loves flying ships. She was eventually discovered as a Force sensitive in her late teenage years by a Jedi exile, not long after her twin sister's death. Throughout the years, she attained the rank of Jedi Master (being overall a combat/element oriented type of Jedi). During the past few years, she was exploring the galaxy, first with her exile master, then on her own, following her mentor's death. Having heard about the reformed order for the past few years, she has recently decided to seek them now.

To back up my rank transfer request, here are a few links:
* Satkia's wiki (http://swrpg.wikia.com/wiki/Beltrak%2C_Satkia) (complete list of threads)
* Her promotion to Jedi Master (http://sw-rpg.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36031)
* Thread 1 (http://sw-rpg.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37817)
* Thread 2 (http://www.sw-rpg.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39314)
* Thread 3 (http://www.sw-rpg.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39124)

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to my time here and getting to know new people! ^_^

Daria Nytherciria
Mar 27th, 2013, 04:39:41 PM
Well, don't you look familiar :p

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 27th, 2013, 04:43:38 PM
Likewise, likewise. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 27th, 2013, 05:27:38 PM
Hi! :wave Welcome to Fans. :)

The mods will decide on the rank transfer, but your backstory will need to be tweaked to fit our continuity (which you may already know?). Anyway, welcome, welcome. :)

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 27th, 2013, 05:29:40 PM
Hello and thank you! :)

Repeating the info never hurts! ^^

The very short bio posted here was already kinda tweaked from the 'monster' one posted on the other wiki (some elements are subject to change not just to fit the Fans timeline, but because I won't include certain parts of Satkia's story). All in all, I'll be happy to do as much tweaking as need be.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 27th, 2013, 05:33:34 PM
I only said it because the Jedi have only been back together as a group for about three years. It isn't enough time for Satkia to have joined them and attained the rank of Master and then gone off adventuring before coming back.

Being trained secretly by an exiled Jedi, however, that is possible. ;) Or if you tweak her age up it can all work, she would just be returning after exile herself to the new gathering of Jedi.

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 27th, 2013, 05:34:57 PM
Thanks for that info, as I didn't know (yet, despite some reading and bugging someone with questions) about the Jedi having only been back together for just three years.

I do like the idea of having been secretly trained by a Jedi exile because I don't really want to age her up. *goes to edit small bio*

Ilias Nytrau
Mar 27th, 2013, 06:03:53 PM
Why hello there. Fancy seeing you here! I look forward to interacting with you here, as well. ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 27th, 2013, 06:21:21 PM
Thanks for that info, as I didn't know (yet, despite some reading and bugging someone with questions) about the Jedi having only been back together for just three years.

I do like the idea of having been secretly trained by a Jedi exile because I don't really want to age her up. *goes to edit small bio*

The wiki needs some updating but yes, it was about 4 1/2 ABY when the Jedi started emerging from exile and meeting each other. They had a small camp on Vortex for a few months and then lived on Cloud City for a while. They gathered in a big group for the first time in the Wheel convoy in 8 ABY and now in 10 ABY they are on Ossus.

Hopefully that is helpful! :D

Edit: our wiki that is, not yours ;)

Rev Solomon
Mar 27th, 2013, 06:40:21 PM
Welcome to the show! If there's one thing we need around here, it's more red-headed Jedi wimmins! :D

Just to add another point of clarification, we've just made the decision to jump our forum timeline forward a bit from 9 ABY to 10 ABY. One of the big changes was that the Jedi Enclave, which had been based on a nomadic convoy of ragtag ships called The Wheel, has moved to Ossus. We've actually just started (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23290) the very first thread on Ossus introducing our new camp, which currently consists of a landed Action VI transport, a bunch of temporary structures, and some Jedi ruins. There are also people still finishing up threads that take place aboard the Wheel - I didn't want you to be confused! :)

You wouldn't be the only Jedi to have training from a Purge survivor in her backstory, so that's not a problem. Coming in with a master rank might be, since the new order is still so young, and I'm not sure if we even have any active masters right now other than Navaria Tarkin, though Serena Laran is about to be promoted. But by the same token, I'm not sure it'll make much of a difference if she's not a master in title. With her training, Satkia should be able to quickly establish herself among the more experienced knights and become a valuable member of the depleted Jedi Order. It's not like she'd really be below more than a handful of other Jedi in authority.

If any other Jedi mods want to weigh in, feel free!

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 27th, 2013, 07:45:22 PM
yay! you're here now o_o :D:D:D:D

And you look strangely like my wife IC :p

I think everyone kinda summed up what's going on but if you need help sissy, please bug me ^^

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 28th, 2013, 03:49:03 AM
Thank you everyone, known friends and new ones! I appreciate the input/details! :D

Even if Satkia can only come in as a Knight, it'd be cool, if her coming in as a Master doesn't work. I just don't really want to restart her from scratch in terms of storyline/training. ^_^

So, I guess I'll see what is decided for this redhead!

Rev Solomon
Mar 28th, 2013, 05:40:58 PM
Edit pending discussion because I jumped the gun! Sorry about the confusion.

Callista
Mar 28th, 2013, 05:53:01 PM
*waaaaves*

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 29th, 2013, 02:57:48 AM
Rev: it's fine, as I was sleeping so only saw your edited post. So I'm not confused (yet)

Calli: hey chica! ^^

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 29th, 2013, 03:01:16 AM
Should have a decision for you by the end of today, if not the weekend :D

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 29th, 2013, 03:02:42 AM
Thanks Dasquian! :D

And no problem with giving you guys time! I know how it can be. ^^

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 29th, 2013, 07:42:25 AM
*gives thread stamp of approval*

You're good to go, Master Beltrak :)

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 29th, 2013, 07:49:24 AM
squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :D

Thank you <3 <3

*wanders off to set sig up*

Then to start posting IC! :)

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 29th, 2013, 08:39:24 AM
Welcome! It's always good to see new faces at Fans!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 29th, 2013, 08:45:03 AM
And if there's one thing we were short on, it was redhead Jedi ladies..

:p

Navaria Tarkin
Mar 29th, 2013, 08:50:41 AM
I love redheads >_>

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 29th, 2013, 08:59:27 AM
Thank you, thank you! :D

I'll set up an open thread in the Jedi forums to introduce my redhead IC this weekend!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 29th, 2013, 10:09:13 AM
I think we may have to start referring to blondes as the 'unique and unusual' haircolor in universe, rather than redheads. :p

Hope to see you posting soon! :)

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 29th, 2013, 03:20:34 PM
Thanks Lilaena! ^^

And all giddy for my first thread is up. Of course if anyone wants to interact or what, my inbox is open. Looking forward to being active IC. :)

Rev Solomon
Mar 30th, 2013, 12:40:04 AM
Great opening post! I look forward to meeting you IC! :D

Satkia Beltrak
Mar 30th, 2013, 03:21:53 AM
Thanks Rev! I look forward to this too!

Mr E Nygma
Apr 3rd, 2013, 06:54:25 PM
*waves to all*

A few years ago, I passed by, but didn't stay long. This time I'm here to stay and actually get to know those of you I don't know yet from another place! :D

OOC, I'm a French geek/transmedia scholar who loves working on Science Fiction papers, spending hours writing RP posts, making graphics, chatting...

I think I remember you. Didn't you used to be blue?

Satkia Beltrak
Apr 4th, 2013, 03:23:49 AM
Nope, never was blue. I already used Gillian Anderson back then. ^_^

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Apr 4th, 2013, 11:07:42 AM
Sad to say I don't remember you, nor do I think that we ever wrote together, but I hope to change that in the times to come!

Satkia Beltrak
Apr 4th, 2013, 11:42:16 AM
I didn't stay long enough for people to remember me, Loklorien, nor did I write IC. ^_^

And very much looking forward to interacting with you! :D

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 4th, 2013, 01:02:03 PM
*waves to all*

I think I remember you. Didn't you used to be blue?

Now I am stuck wondering who you are mistaking Satkia for :shakefist

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2013, 01:52:13 PM
When someone says blue I automatically think of Ryla :uhoh

Satkia Beltrak
Apr 4th, 2013, 02:04:41 PM
The only thing blue I have are my eyes both IC and OOC! :p

Razielle Alastor
Apr 4th, 2013, 06:26:38 PM
:eee -pounces-

Mr E Nygma
Apr 4th, 2013, 08:44:59 PM
Nope, never was blue. I already used Gillian Anderson back then. ^_^

Ahh, I remember you better now. I was mixing up your character with someone else's, but the person behind the character is the one I remember. I'm not sure you'd remember me, though.

Nonetheless! Bienvenue à nouveau! Je suis le grand fromage! Ou tout simplement du fromage.

Now I am stuck wondering who you are mistaking Satkia for :shakefist

That's a riddle you'll never solve! :D

Satkia Beltrak
Apr 5th, 2013, 04:47:10 AM
*noms Raz*

Edward, I don't think I remember you, at least not under this guise!

And merci beaucoup!!! :D

TheHolo.Net
Apr 5th, 2013, 07:46:29 AM
Now this is a pretty large intro thread.

Welcome to SW-Fans.Net/TheHolo.Net

Reshmar
Apr 5th, 2013, 07:57:13 AM
Welcome to Fans

Satkia Beltrak
Apr 5th, 2013, 07:57:50 AM
Thank you! :D

Very happy to be here!