PDA

View Full Version : KA theme

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 26th, 2013, 09:06:31 AM
I am going to work on tweaking this theme - anything you like and want to keep, anything you would rather was changed up?

Fixed width or not?
Character banners? (I would add more not get rid of any - providing my PsD files are somewhere so I can change the name)
Text in banner? Obviously the name but maybe add character names in a watermark (Change SW-fans.net to theholo.net)
marked read, unread buttons? I made lightsaber icons for the obiwan style and I sort of love them so much, I could recolor those and use them for this one too?

I would like to stay with the current color scheme, for one because its easy on my eyes and it is also fairly unique among the other board styles.

Also I'm up for changing the post icons we have, I think maybe if they're uploaded and named exactly the same as the old ones they would just repopulate? But even if that doesn't work if we want to change we certainly can.

Edit:speaking of post icons >_>

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2013, 11:48:25 AM
No thoughts?

TheHolo.Net
Apr 4th, 2013, 11:53:58 AM
If I were you guys, I would hold off on doing too much work, as much of it may not even apply to the new forum software. The image sets are pretty different in vB4 and are very different in vB5. Additional note: Post Icons may need to be totally re-thought/re-implemented.

Banners and color schemes are about all I recommend doing at this time. Anything beyond that may be a waste of time and effort.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2013, 11:59:31 AM
Yeah, I agree - I wasn't actually going to set it up now, I was going to wait for the upgrade to go through. I'm hoping to get style-making permissions? I have one idea for a style that would involve some moving of elements which I'm not sure we can do but I would like to try. I made a photoshop of it which I'll post when I get my laptop on.

Redoing, reimplementing post icons is cool by me (I don't really like ours lol - I know, I made them). But that would mean that the old ones would disappear, right? So all threads would be tagless, basically.

TheHolo.Net
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:06:26 PM
The new software may not even use post icons as we know them. It is impossible to expect the exact same features in a new software product release. I have said before and will say again. We will lose some things we are used to, without a doubt. I still have not determined what all of those things will be (mainly because vB5 is still a big piece of beta garbage) but in losing things we are used to, we will also be gaining a great deal of new things we are not used to. It all boils down to 'realistic expectations'.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:11:34 PM
I have realistic expectations, Ogre. :) I am just chatting with you, not making concrete plans for anything.

I expect that the board will be upgraded and things will change. I plan on changing the KA style set (a necessity, because as you say the images and things for vb5 will be different than what we have now) and maybe creating another one, but as to the how and when that is dependent on the upgrade.

I just want to sound out the Circle members on what they might like in a style for the group, rather than just surprising everyone. :)

TheHolo.Net
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:12:59 PM
You asked me a specific question regarding old post icons disappearing. I basically (in a complicated way) explained why I could not answer that. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:19:35 PM
Okay :)

....argh message too short

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 4th, 2013, 12:55:07 PM
I don't have any particular thoughts or preferences on the style set.

I am tempted to suggest that we move towards a different colour scheme, just to shake things up. Red/purple maybe.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2013, 01:03:00 PM
I love purple :3:

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 4th, 2013, 01:11:12 PM
I'd kind of like to see one that is like.. feral, wild looking (Dathomir themed) and one that is more regal looking (Hapes themed), if that makes sense.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 4th, 2013, 01:27:19 PM
Maybe green for dathomir, purple for Hapes?

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 4th, 2013, 06:57:23 PM
Poor Onderon, all left out :p

Morgan Evanar
Apr 4th, 2013, 08:42:27 PM
I'd really hold off everything until we see where things stick and how style sets shake out.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 18th, 2013, 08:03:49 PM
I will start poking at this soon-ish.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 19th, 2013, 11:03:43 AM
Swanky. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 19th, 2013, 04:33:37 PM
I'm still leaning toward green at the moment as I just did a purple style. ^_^; Although maybe I could do a "Circle-Green" and a Circle-Purple?

edit: have only done the header area so far, two rotating banners working atm

edit edit: playing around with different backgrounds, this is very much a work in progress but input would be nice. Still need to figure out what colors I'm using where and I know the banner greens don't quite match the background greens.

edit3 OK I think it's mostly done. Background is still up in the air but I want something similar

Morgan Evanar
Jun 24th, 2013, 09:10:02 PM
It's too monochromatic? Maybe something like this?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 25th, 2013, 07:58:05 PM
That sounds good to me - for the child one I could just switch the green and purple.

sorry I haven't done anything yet, been really busy this weekend and sort of distracted. I will probably buckle down on buttons and such starting tomorrow..

edit: fiddling with colors blergh

Okay I switched some colors and I hate it so bear with me. I will be switching them around! In the future! Probably keeping purple but making it for the 'header' areas rather than links? :x my brain is toast!