PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Reverend: Yea or Nay?

Rev Solomon
Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:24:26 PM
I'm hoping some people can help me with a decision. A while ago I completed a big duel thread (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22060) between Solomon and Darth Acera that ended with Solomon's apparent death. Lots of people have spoken to Christin and me about the thread since then, and I know I really appreciate everyone's kind words about it! I consider it one of my best writing experiences on these forums.

Originally, I planned on an "only mostly dead" reveal, and Serena was going to fly to Generis to rescue Solomon and nurse him back to health with the Force Healing Crystals that s'Il had earlier given her. However, it's been quite a while since that thread, and several people who've spoken to me have reasonably come to the conclusion that Valley of Humiliation was indeed the end of Solomon. We're coming up on a big transition for the Jedi as well as the rest of the board, and I believe we're planning on a promotion for Serena from knight to master pretty soon. So I feel I need to resolve this question.

Should I bring Solomon back? I have some rough ideas for how it could be accomplished, but would it come across as a cop-out or would it cheapen Humiliation to do so? I honestly feel I could go either way; I like the character of Solomon, but I also know my time to write is limited, and there are plenty of other directions I could go.

I appreciate any input you all could give!

Serena Laran
Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:27:30 PM
Serena actually DID fly there. Please let us finish it :cry

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:54:40 PM
I think you should keep him alive :)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 22nd, 2013, 12:54:41 PM
I think it would depend entirely on how you handled it, as to whether it would be a good idea.

Kale
Mar 22nd, 2013, 01:26:10 PM
The fact that the healing crystals were set up in a previous RP helps, but honestly part of the reason it's taken me so long to get back to this storyline is the challenge of following up a thread as emotional and dramatic as Humiliation. It can't just be easy.

Serena Laran
Mar 22nd, 2013, 01:37:18 PM
I have faith that we can do it, Reverend. :3:

Vince
Mar 22nd, 2013, 02:29:38 PM
I know the feeling. Mater Familias on the heels of An Offer was something I found difficult to transition (looking back on it now, I see so many things I should and shouldn't have done) to. I often debate whether this or the next arc should be the end of Ben. In my opinion, it depends on how you see Solomon and the story he tells. I know if he lives that will effect where I go with Palara, but in all honesty, if the story feels better with his death, go with that. If he has more juice in him, so to speak, then have him live.

Dee
Mar 24th, 2013, 10:53:27 AM
I agree with Vince on this, so I won't rehash what he just said very nicely.

However, I do have to add that I thoroughly enjoyed him as a character and I would be remiss in not mentioning that Kala would dearly love to have him back as well :)