PDA

View Full Version : Von Metzger Weaponry

Sarin von Metzger
Mar 16th, 2013, 06:35:07 PM
I didn't know where to put this, so I decided to throw up the insanely little I've done so far to showcase where I'm going with Sarin's gunsmithing/guncrafting bent.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u161/blahblahblahblabbity/46846c55-383b-4324-b7c2-90b275f60bf8.jpg

Presenting the insanely lazy photo-manipulated Von Metzger Model 5 Rifle draft (meaning I am planning on making some other changes to it once I've learned how to do more on GIMP). I simply used Japanese light machine gun (I think type 94) from WWII and cut off a portion on the top, mainly a handle and a magazine. I am mostly rubbish as drawing out diagrams because I've never actually done one before and GIMP's tools are different than I'm used to (with Photoshop, namely a pen-tool to make straight and curved lines more easily).

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 17th, 2013, 12:09:07 PM
I like it so far!!

edit - Also, doing google searches for different weapons - whether they are real or otherwise, should give you a plethora of good sideviews to save and chop up. I bet you can hunt down some good firearm mod pics from an image search of borderlands weapons :)

Vince
Mar 17th, 2013, 03:17:47 PM
I have so many weapons pictures on my computer right now I wouldn't be surprised if I was on a watch list or two. but I haven't taken a look at Borderlands, which would be a goldmine of stuff. I like the one I have so far because it works almost as is.