PDA

View Full Version : Screw bandwagons, I've got a VAN!

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 15th, 2013, 10:59:19 AM
Since we're doing a soft reset/time bump, I thought this might be a good way to get back into things with my now very small list of characters.

Halajiin Rabeak - After his daring, dangerous, completely unauthorized, yet successful raid on Ilum for lightsaber crystals, I'm positive the Jedi would have placed him under some form of arrest. He deserves it, but is not apologetic about what he did, and he would do it again in a heartbeat. So, I think the question I have is: how long should he have been in the pokey for? Has he been in lockdown ever since, and is just now getting let out, now that the Jedi have a planet to call home? Or should he have been out for a while? In either case, is anyone interested in continuing a storyline of some sort with Hal? Even with this cold war truce, he's not going to calm down, and he'll want to keep taking the fight to the Empire, so the odds of him breaking yet more rules and being reckless are extremely high. And he's a total lech, still.

Tevit Ramastan - My other Nehantite, Tevit is primarily a mechanic and engineer. He's a brilliant one, but can be a bit grumpy. He also might be slightly Force-adept, but doesn't realize it, thinking he's just a natural with machinery. I really have no idea what to do with Tevit in this setting, so it anyone's got any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them.

Chrys Atreides
Mar 15th, 2013, 12:24:32 PM
Grumpy is acceptable in a mechanic. Don't know where in the fleet the Rogues will end up, but you're more than welcome to join me there. I'm their Chief Mechanic, and could definitely use the help to keep those birds in shape. And it wouldn't hurt to have someone other than pilots and my children to talk to >_<

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 18th, 2013, 07:27:19 AM
If Hal is still in lockdown, perhaps Wei could convince the council to release Hal to aid him in the construction of the new lightsaber forge. After all, Wei will need the crystals Hal procured as well as a few helping hands. And if Hal knows anything about lightsabers, crystals, and how they all function, he may prove indispensable.

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 21st, 2013, 01:38:08 PM
I'd be all for either of these ideas. Has anyone gotten the ball rolling on our new setting, yet? I don't want to write up something and bungle it all right out of the gate.

Wei Wu Wei
Mar 21st, 2013, 09:01:48 PM
I wonder that too. :lol

Halajiin Rabeak
Mar 26th, 2013, 09:11:30 AM
Okay, talking with Droo yesterday made me think about Hal a bit more, and what he's been up to in the time between Ilum and now. Here's two options that I've come up with:

First:
After returning from Ilum, Hal got thrown in the brig for a good, long while, as he deserved for pulling a stunt like that and forging council approval on a mission that endangered the lives of five Jedi and an Alliance ship and crew. His time in the pokey only got longer as he grew rather successful at breaking out, which only prolonged his jail time.

Eventually, he was finally let out, but within a week he'd done something else major that put himself and others at risk (mostly without the consent of the others) in the name of trying to reclaim the Jedi's place in the galaxy, and stick it to The Man (the Empire.) For this, he gets thrown back in the brig, with new anti-escape measures in place. He still successfully breaks out at least once before they really have to step up security on him.

At last, when we all land on Ossus, and the cold war is firmly in place, Wei asks for Hal to be let free, as they really could use his help with getting some functional lightsabers up and running. So, he finally gets let out, possibly with some supervision.

Second:
Just like the first scenario, Hal gets thrown in the brig after Ilum, but in this scenario, he's frustratingly good at getting out, and the final straw is when he escapes and then tries to direct a strike on an Empire target. If successful, it would have sparked a larger conflict, but he was stopped before he could pull it off. Still, what he was trying to do was significant enough that simply locking him up again might be too risky, and since he's already survived 107 years in carbonite freezing, they resorted to freezing him again until they could figure out what to do with him.

So, now that we're on Ossus, and Hal's ability to cause trouble is lessened, Wei will still want his help with lightsaber production, so they have to unfreeze him.

Which option sounds better?

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 26th, 2013, 09:23:43 AM
I think freezing him in carbonite is a bit extreme, even for Hal. :) So I'd go with Option 1 and I'd love to do some RPing between him and Serena (but I need to know what Kale actually plans re: Solomon's death/life to see how Serena actually is after the timeskip because that will change her quite a bit).