PDA

View Full Version : Veronica Mars

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 13th, 2013, 03:12:58 PM
A long time ago, we used to be friends~~

pMhEFOIsd1k

Veronica Mars is one of my favorite TV series (which was sadly cancelled by the CW a few years ago) ... but it's being made into a movie! :eee

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

The Kickstarter has raised $1M in just 4 hours. By the time you're reading this, they will probably have already hit their funding goal of $2M - in which case we'll be seeing the Veronica Mars movie in theaters in 2014!

Callista
Mar 13th, 2013, 04:02:55 PM
Holy yikes! That went up fast! The people that tossed in the several thousand... wow...

I am sad to say I actually have never seen the series... my boyfriend is very distraught over this.

Callista
Mar 13th, 2013, 04:05:34 PM
Also... can someone do this for some more Firefly?!?!

Captain Untouchable
Mar 13th, 2013, 04:16:21 PM
"But when we hit the magic number, don't stop donating." ... "The extra cash will be our car chase and nudity fund."

:lol

Crusader
Mar 13th, 2013, 04:18:09 PM
$35 donated! Thanks for heads up!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 13th, 2013, 04:19:17 PM
How did you donate that much? It wouldn't let me, since I'm not in the US (and they won't ship the DVD/tshirts to outside the US) :(

Crusader
Mar 13th, 2013, 04:27:09 PM
click "in the US" down below... I will probably end up getting it delivered to a place in AL and then ask for another supply drop trade :D

Crusader
Mar 14th, 2013, 04:09:45 AM
It is funded and as off now. They have 2.5 Million $$$!

I hope that they can reach around 10 Million. If they would get a 800% funding like double fine adventure that would be awesome.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 14th, 2013, 12:40:35 PM
We were the fastest Kickstarter project to hit $1M. We were the fastest Kickstarter project to hit $2M. We set the record for highest goal ever achieved. (Other KS projects have done better than us -- so far -- but none set a goal as high as our $2M goal.) We're also the largest film project in Kickstarter history.

$2.7 million and counting...

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 29th, 2013, 03:31:07 AM
This project is now shipping rewards to a number of countries in the EU :eee so Peter, we don't need to have everything sent to the US after all.

Crusader
Mar 29th, 2013, 05:37:43 AM
Yeah that is awesome but is it just me or is this one of the worst managed kickstarters. Maybe I am spoiled by Obsidian with their infographics and video responses but this kickstarter does not even try to keep momentum. I expected something like a stretch goal or a video response from Rob Thomas or Kristen Bell after the movie hit 2 million.
Sorting out the international handling after the kickstarter release is poor management as well.

Crusader
Apr 8th, 2013, 12:33:40 AM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project/posts/446564

They are at nearly 5 Million now so 250% funded and they uploaded designs for the T-Shirt reward tier.

Crusader
Apr 12th, 2013, 06:05:10 PM
The movie is funded with around 5.6-5.7 Million Dollar Budget and around 90.000 backers. I think this is so far the highest number of backers for a single project on kickstarter and I think only the Ouya has made more money.
I do not know how much of the money goes to kickstarter and into rewards but I think 5M is a reasonable budget. Kevin Smith movies normally cost less and films like "500 days of summer" cost around 5-7 millions as well.
So in around 2 hours the campaign will stop. I am excited where the budget will stop.

Crusader
Jul 18th, 2013, 04:16:25 AM
In retrospectiv supporting this kickstarter was a really good idea. I had so much fun reading the casting news and watching some of the "Yes, hi, I am in this as well"-videos that I feel already hyped for this. Not to mention that they will upload the entire Comic Con press conference to a website for their backers.
In the past weeks they casted so many acters and actresses from the whole season three season run that this really feels like a homecoming party to me. I hope this movie meets my expectations and that it might convince other people (I am looking at you Joss and Nathan) that a fan funded full feature film might bring some true closure for long time fans and if it does not bring closure then it at least bring some well appreciated fan service ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 27th, 2013, 02:43:16 PM
I am so psyched to see this :eee

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 10th, 2013, 04:49:15 AM
My backers t-shirt and stickers just arrived :)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2014, 10:32:34 AM
Theatrical trailer looks pretty good

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/wq1R93UMqlk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/wq1R93UMqlk?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Crusader
Feb 27th, 2014, 08:56:20 AM
Who has backed this movie and do we want to watch it together as an online thing?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 2nd, 2014, 09:14:15 AM
If we can do that, it would be cool :) I know that it's going to be showing in an actual cinema near me!

Crusader
Mar 14th, 2014, 02:57:35 AM
I got my download code this morning. :) I have already downloaded the movie to my phone and to my desktop ;)

Crusader
Mar 16th, 2014, 05:07:56 PM
So now that we have both seen the movie. What do you think? Was it worth our investment? I thought my money was well spent just for the massive amount of fanservice.

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2014, 11:29:35 AM
I enjoyed it! It felt a lot like a long episode of the TV series rather than a movie, and I'm not sure how much I would have gotten out of it if I hadn't ever seen the TV series before... but as it stands, it was fun.

My DVD copy just arrived in the post today :)