PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter - Torment: Tides of Numenera

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 9th, 2013, 06:24:52 AM
The inXile team (who are bringing us Wasteland 2) have launched a new Kickstarter campaign:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera

Torment: Tides of Numenera is a game set in the world of Monte Cook’s new tabletop RPG setting, Numenera. Torment continues the thematic legacy of Planescape: Torment, a critically acclaimed role-playing game from 1999 that's considered by many to be a hallmark for storytelling in computer RPGs. With Torment, we're striving to create a rich role-playing experience that explores similar deep, personal themes. Here's the scoop:

Torment is a single-player, isometric role-playing game.
You will play a single, specific character, though you will encounter optional NPC companions you may choose to include in your party.
The story-driven game will have a rich dialogue system and approach similar to that of Planescape: Torment.
The game will be developed in the Unity engine for PC (Windows), Mac, and Linux platforms.
The game will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish.
The game will be distributed DRM-free. (You’ll be able to get it from Steam, and other DRM-free download options will be made available.)

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 1st, 2013, 05:38:41 AM
Just 4 days left on this project, if you want to get in as a Kickstarter pledger.

For just 20bux, you can get a digital copy of the game.

Peter McCoy
Apr 1st, 2013, 02:28:13 PM
I really want to pledge money to this Kickstarter, but I feel that the $125/$135 tiers that give the Collectors Edition Boxed version of the game should come with Beta access - but in order to get beta access along with a Collectors Edition Boxed copy of the game, I have to double my pledge to $250!? No thanks, inXile!

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 1st, 2013, 03:00:07 PM
I'm not that into this game to pay anything like $100 for it. I didn't even pay that much for BioShock Infinite, so certainly wouldn't for this.

Peter McCoy
Apr 1st, 2013, 06:16:35 PM
I just really like the idea if having that limited collectors edition box with all the cool stuff. Plus I'd never have to open it since I'd get a digital copy as well. I'll mull it over - even without beta access I'm still tempted.

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:42:34 AM
Chris Avellone has joined the design team :)

Crusader
Apr 4th, 2013, 04:17:21 AM
These days Chris Avellone seems to be on every design team... maybe he is a cylon... :cyduck

Peter McCoy
Apr 5th, 2013, 01:29:43 PM
As I type this there is between 3 and 4 hours to go for funding and the project is only $2500-ish away from the $4 Million milestone -maybe close by the time ai finish typing at the rate its going up. They're going to smash the record, no doubt about it!

Edit: And we're there! $4 Million and still rising. It'd be really impressive and a testament to inXile's talent and fan faith if they reached the next stretch goal!

Peter McCoy
Apr 5th, 2013, 07:15:54 PM
So with Brian Fargo adding $100,000 of his own money to the development of Torment, the project managed to reach it's $4.25 Million stretch goal. Awesome!