PDA

View Full Version : Renaming the Group

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 8th, 2013, 01:03:25 PM
This poll is not the be all and end all of name possibilities, but I'd like to move forward with the suggestion that was made several months ago. Once we move/upgrade I will work on replacing banners and changing our board look so if you want a new color scheme as well speak up!

So vote for a name or post one that you like better. These are just ones I came up with. Also give me a minute to get the poll up ^_^;

Akasha Khan
Mar 9th, 2013, 12:11:48 AM
I think it would be helpful if the name were reflective of where we want the group to go.

"The Circle" may be vague, but it has a strong tie to the old group name, it's short and sweet, and it immediately puts me in the mind of a secretive cabal working to manipulate galactic affairs toward their own ends.

"Salem's Lot" puts the focus entirely on one character, probably more than Salem would even want IC - he strikes me as somebody who prefers to control everything from the shadows.

"Order of Contention" sounds a bit dry to my ear? However, using the word "Order" sets us up as an opposite number to the Jedi Order, which is an interesting idea, especially considering the Jedi Order is also working in secret at this point. The Dark Order? The Order of Discord? The Jedi Disorder? (That sounds like a mental health problem)

Loosely Affiliated Darksiders - By far the most accurate descriptor of the bunch! :)

Naddists - Kick 'em in the nads! Anyway, sounds more like a religious cult.

The Sith Uprising has a nice ring to it and is appropriately descriptive, but probably wouldn't be our IC official name for ourselves.

The Sith Order/Council/Empire all seem to imply a greater level of organization and devotion than I think we've had in the past? I know Salem was making moves to extend his power, but I had the idea we were still more united by opportunity than by ideological devotion. Of course, there is a great deal of potential for intimidation in the Sith name, and maybe we intend to use that to our advantage.

At this point, I'm casting my vote for "The Circle," but I could easily be swayed depending on our plans!

Captain Untouchable
Mar 9th, 2013, 12:29:14 AM
I realise that my $0.02 has deflated in value what with me winding down my roleplaying and all... but I think it's worth pointing out that you're not just Darksiders. You've got Hapans and other things as well, and at one point there were some sizeable plans with them. Something vaguer might be better / more inclusive moving forward.

Just a thought. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 9th, 2013, 01:39:45 AM
Salem's Lot was a joke :o

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 9th, 2013, 05:10:48 AM
Salem's Angels :smug:

Akasha Khan
Mar 9th, 2013, 10:51:15 AM
Salem and the Pussycats.

Kassandra Distorith
Mar 10th, 2013, 06:23:47 PM
Angels? *snickers* Riiiight ;)

I do like the Circle though...but I'll see if anything else pops out at me.

Akasha Khan
Mar 10th, 2013, 09:30:50 PM
Would it be bad to mention that, medically, ataxia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ataxia) is a neurological deficit of voluntary motor coordination? :uhoh

Kassandra Distorith
Mar 10th, 2013, 09:40:39 PM
Well...we are all 'special'....