PDA

View Full Version : Thief 4

Droo
Mar 6th, 2013, 08:19:35 PM
Yes, you read that right. Thief 4 has been confirmed for a 2014 release for PC and next-gen platforms. The screenshots leaked online a couple of days ago and now it's all official like. I'm sure there's a few of us here who'll be delighted at this news. Check the link for some of the aforementioned screenshots:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/05/thief-4-screenshots-emerge-from-the-darkness/

Peter McCoy
Mar 7th, 2013, 07:16:23 AM
It all looks a bit Dishonored, which is apt, given that Dishonored looked a bit Thief.
I was gonna say this!

Looks awesome!

I'd say it's a safe bet this will turn out to be somethign special, with Eidos Montreal at the helm. They did an absolutely fantastic job of rebooting Deus Ex (Human Revolution was just great!) and I'm sure they'll deliver the goods with this new Thief game.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 7th, 2013, 01:42:58 PM
:eee I can't wait for this.

Zereth Lancer
Mar 7th, 2013, 02:24:25 PM
Wow. Those screen caps were certainly impressive. Can't wait. I loved Thief 1 and 2, although I didn't like Thief 3 at all. Can't wait.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 11th, 2013, 03:56:10 PM
Gameplay demo video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/7h5jx0/thief-e3-2013--stealth-gameplay-demo--stream-

Not sure that I like how well Garrett is able to handle hand-to-hand.

Peter McCoy
Jun 11th, 2013, 04:19:30 PM
I'm a bit disappointed that Stephen Russell isn't voicing Garrett this time around - his voice is iconic!

Morgan Evanar
Jun 24th, 2013, 08:50:08 PM
I can understand them wanting to do something new, and yes, Garrett being a capable fighter is a bit distressing.

Peter McCoy
Jun 25th, 2013, 01:05:06 PM
Finally gotten round to watching that gameplay video and honestly I don't like what I see. I don't like the combat with VATS-mode and, for want of a better expression, Arrow-Time. I agree, Garrett seems far too capable a fighter for someone who would naturally always opt to avoid direct confrontation at all costs. And I think he moved a bit too fast, the way he seems to jaunt toward walls in that video annoyed me, like he's engaging with a cover system. The other Thief games have the perfect cover system for the setting - it's called the fucking dark. And the dark isn't nearly dark enough in that video for my liking. Not happy here!

Morgan Evanar
Jun 25th, 2013, 03:16:52 PM
Your cover system was moving silently and watching your light indicator, if you weren't sure.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 26th, 2013, 12:25:03 PM
I will definitely play this, no matter what, because I have such an affection for the other games (even Deadly Shadows)... but that gameplay video raises a lot of concerns.