PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect?

Captain Untouchable
Mar 5th, 2013, 06:29:30 PM
Would anyone be interested in having another go at doing some Mass Effect roleplaying?

I've got a bit of an itch for it, and I've had some new ideas. Plus, now we've seen the full story (ME3 inclusive), we should be able to craft a story that wraps around the game events and fits in nice and snug.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2013, 06:32:15 PM
Perhaps.. if I can play the Shadow Broker :smug:

Captain Untouchable
Mar 5th, 2013, 06:38:06 PM
The ugly one, or the smexy one?

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 6th, 2013, 01:26:31 AM
Smexy of course.

Captain Untouchable
Mar 6th, 2013, 08:17:14 AM
I'd have no problem with people writing canon characters on an as-needed basis (scenes where we meet the, Lair of the Shadow Broker style adventures where they briefly join the squad), because Jenny writing Liara and Charley writing Zaeed and/or Mordin would be awesome.

However, the original idea was for this to be sort of DM'd, with me throwing paragon / renegade choices at your characters. I think it would be more fun / interesting / fulfilling if you were able to put your own personal stamp on those reactions, rather than having to play the "What Would Liara Do?" game at every turn. Plus, their fate over the course of the games is locked in: it might not be as fun writing a character who you know is going to survive all the way to the end.

There are three possible backstory and personality choices for Shepard. If Shepard is a War Hero, the Ruthless and Sole Survivor events still happened. Perhaps if we decided which version of Shepard our continuity has, someone could play their version of FemShep (but with a different name) as the person who has one of the other origins?

Crusader
Mar 6th, 2013, 09:54:59 AM
I think I might join this under one condition: I want a renegade interrupt smile for this and maybe a paragon as well for people that are not backstabbing bastards (so for everyone but me and maybe Sarah).

Captain Untouchable
Mar 6th, 2013, 10:19:28 AM
I think I might join this under one condition: I want a renegade interrupt smile for this and maybe a paragon as well for people that are not backstabbing bastards (so for everyone but me and maybe Sarah).

Please make this happen, Jenny - we can't pass up the opportunity to sucker Peter into writing with us!

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 6th, 2013, 11:31:55 AM
I'll see what I can do boys ;)

And I'm happy just to do cameos as Liara. That'd make sense.