PDA

View Full Version : Sneak and Peek

Taddius "Ram" Rammstein
Mar 1st, 2013, 02:01:52 PM
The Outter Rim territories are not normally ones that a citizen of a Core World really talks, or for that matter knows about. Even travellers, unless they travel out there specifically may not know about the planet's or their histories. That's not to say that there isn't anything and they aren't important either, though. Of course being occupied by the Empire means that the history is controlled and that the fact that a Sith once training his young "apprentice" there may not be public knowledge.

Now the planet is slowly turning and morphing, influenced, even if only a little by the Imperial presence on the planet itself. Normally this is the way the Empire likes it, but some work needed to be done on the planet. There needed to be a clean up. Something that the local Moff didn't want to sully his hands on. So the "Silent Knight" company was brought in for the clean up efforts of the area they wanted cleared, all humans of course, criminals, lowlifes, those who don't ask questions, those who wouldn't be curious as to why they were there.

The first crew was already on planet and excavating as the second crew unloaded, one human in particular. "You there... state your name." The security chief was not going to allow some pathetic fool like this one to wander off.

"Ian Miller." Tad, under his "alias" offered a smile. "Sir, I'm sorry, have I done something wrong?"

Taddius "Ram" Rammstein
Mar 5th, 2013, 09:14:16 PM
Mission Log -

It had been a few days since landing on the planet, but I had to prove to the bosses that he was good enough to do more than the menial crap that they had me doing. It's not that I minded doing hard work, but it's not like I came here for the fun in the sun. So it took some backbreaking hours and a lot of talking and knowing when not to talk but I was getting close to the objective.

Earlier

"Ian, are you capable of working a Front-end loader?" The boss wasn't really looking for one, but he needed more people near the military base, people who could do more than just carry crap around. "Ian" seemed to be doing well enough, but he didn't stand out. The thing is he was human, and the Empire preferred humans around the, and with most of the cleaners being alien it was necessary. If he had his druthers he would take most others over Ian, but the fact is, the clients were demanding to get this cleanup done and they do not tolerate failure.

"Yeah, whatever you need boss. I just need the money, you know?" He didn't, in fact he didn't give a crap about the credits but he had heard the rumors about some "Army" types on the planet from locals. The sound of the brutality, the disgust of non-humans, it all had to make sense. That of course meant that he had to talk his way in and to find a way to make what he claims to be true. After all, he was cleared to pilot tanks on Alderaan, how different could they be, right?

"You sure you want this, Ian? I mean seriously, you don't seem the type to do this sort of work." Finally the thought in his head from the moment he saw the scrawny little beanpole came out. Of course it was true, and of course he didn't think "Ian" was up for it, but he wasn't sure about the employers.

"Are you kidding? Whatever I can do, boss. Seriously, whatever I can do." Playing a part was never his strong suit, he fidgeted, shimmied, he looked like he wanted it a little too much.

"I'll tell you what, it's almost quitting time. Why don't we take a speeder over the area tomorrow." That should either grease the wheels and back this guy off.

Perfect. It can either confirm that this trip is a waste of time or it can confirm he's got real work to do. "That'll work."