PDA

View Full Version : Are we even doing X-Men anymore?

Zhe'chot
Feb 28th, 2013, 10:59:12 AM
All I see is DC, WoD, and some other tags I don't recognize. Are we still interested at all in Mutants, Unite!, or are we done? I had one more thing I wanted to do for it at least, but if we're disinterested, that's fine. Just trying to get up-to-date after months of being gone.

Droo
Feb 28th, 2013, 11:13:58 AM
There is interest. I'm still game, as is Holly, I'm sure. Andrew just recently resurrected our Firestorm thread. So no, the mutants scene is certainly not done - things have just been quiet of late, on all fronts to be honest.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 28th, 2013, 12:05:50 PM
Yep, it's just been on the back burner a bit.

Vitra Karr
Feb 28th, 2013, 12:20:00 PM
I'd love to get back into it as well, so count my voices in :)

And it would really help if I'd posted this as Dee instead >_<

Sansa
Feb 28th, 2013, 01:26:49 PM
If we could just get Liz/Tess back then we'd really start cooking. :)

Riley Grace
Feb 28th, 2013, 03:15:31 PM
*tap tap tap*

I know we had some few larger story arcs to work with - are we still doing those?

Also...new ideas welcome :) I miss my mutant horde :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 28th, 2013, 03:46:39 PM
I'm interested in finishing up the current dangling story arcs my characters are involved in. Including Riley and Antonio in a club somewhere? ;)

Palara Iscandar
Feb 28th, 2013, 05:04:57 PM
I'm up for doing some stuff with José and the cop, Harding; I was thinking of phasing out Julian as he's simply too difficult for me to write on the regular.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 28th, 2013, 05:24:31 PM
With how Redencion House is set up, him moving on isn't unusual so you can certainly do that or say it happened no problem :)

After all, who'd want to stick around with all the chaos and people attacking the place? Time to run back to the quiet of the national forest. ;)

Zeke
Feb 28th, 2013, 05:51:49 PM
Ok, well, Flux is due at the House. I'll start that when I get the chance. Freight Train needs to finish up with Taya. Is Andrew still here? Also, Flux needs to report on Below/Terror/Rosanna Hughes to someone. I think it was Jane/Zombie we had agreed on? Help my poor memory!

Svetlana Ustinov
Feb 28th, 2013, 05:55:54 PM
Andrew is still here! :)

*summons him*

*waits patiently*

Droo
Feb 28th, 2013, 06:00:47 PM
Did you remember to collect all four pieces of the Grandstaff of Greater Summoning and did you find the long lost tube of Grandstaff of Greater Summoning glue?

Svetlana Ustinov
Feb 28th, 2013, 06:24:17 PM
Oh hell...I forgot the glue. Dammit.

What was the chant again? Klaatu...verata...necktie? Nickel?

Captain Untouchable
Feb 28th, 2013, 06:36:55 PM
I'd still be up for things.

If we do breathe some life into Mutants though, perhaps it would be worth being a little more proactive with our Time Skip, so that we can maybe create a bit more fuel for posting?

A good example where this might help is X-Force. Even if we skip past the riots, we're going to have a very new team. Jim won't have had the opportunity to pick up all that many useful skills. Zero may not have managed to earn everyone's trust yet. We'd be at the 'X-Men: First Class' stage of storytelling... which isn't a bad place to be, but we'd have a whole movie of team-building to do before we could actually start doing proper stuff. However, if we skip forward a little further those new relationships and dynamics might already be in place. Tom and Zero might be proper soldier-buddies; everyone will know each other's strengths and will work together like a well-oiled machine. Like the X-Men movie franchise we'd be starting in the middle, with a team that already exists, already has Cerebro and the Blackbird, etc.

That might work out well for other stuff, too. Shortly after the riots, Harriman's benevolent mutant research would still be a fairly new thing... but skip a little further, and it could be a part of every day mutant life. Maybe it's gained enough attention that Harriman's approach is bringing him into conflict with Jericho's approach, or has earned him a little too much attention from Vanguard, or Ragnarok, or whoever.

We could use a longer time-jump to give MCU a new position in society: more resources and more renown. Perhaps instead of being a local LAPD project they're now part of a state-wide network that is enforcing mutant registration; or perhaps they've gone Federal. If there's a crime, and the regular cops suspect it of being mutant-related, MCU swoops in and adopts jurisdiction.

The Brotherhood could have had a shake-up, too. Perhaps in light of the riots, Saladin has taken a more active interest in California. There may be some characters who might have had Brotherhood sympathies after the riots: instead of a slow process we could jump forward and give everyone a "Holy crap, why is José with the Brotherhood?!" reaction, and then slowly answer that over time.

The cartoon Young Justice did something like this between season 1 and season 2, and while it sounds jarring on paper it actually worked out being damned good television.

It's just that we've been planning to do stuff for years that still haven't come to fruition: it would be a shame to make this time-skip and then still have more waiting to do. :uhoh

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 28th, 2013, 06:58:03 PM
Personally I don't think I'll be doing a time skip, but if other people want to they should go ahead.

Flux
Feb 28th, 2013, 09:31:40 PM
Wait, Harriman owes Freight Train shoes. Want to have her visit and check on that and get into trouble?

Dragon
Feb 28th, 2013, 09:41:42 PM
What was the chant again? Klaatu...verata...necktie? Nickel?

WHOOOOOO DAAAAAAARES DISTUUUUUURB MYYY SLUMBERRRRRRRRR????

*cough*

Sorry, my voice was a little hoarse there. As a matter of fact, yes, I am interested in picking up some of these loose threads! I'll see what I can get going this weekend.

I don't have a problem with people going for a time skip; Holly, Droo, and I (and hopefully Liz?) still have storylines to wrap up, but there's no sense in holding others hostage to our obviously very leisurely timeline. If people need a summary of planned events, I'm more than happy to post massive spoilers provide an executive summary of the highlights!

Otherwise, hit me up in PM or IM and let me know where you want me to post! Freight Train, I will get Taya's tail in gear if I have to drag her out of the cat condo myself.

Flux
Feb 28th, 2013, 09:50:53 PM
New thread. House people, post! As many as you like. And Taya had better get outta that cat condo and play some ball.

Gunnar Ottesen
Feb 28th, 2013, 11:03:41 PM
Yep, I'm in. Will post to club thread almost-pronto. You know, after food, quiz, etc. :mischief

Also, no opinion on the time-skip, YET. But perhaps will form one soon.

Anna Fernandez
Mar 1st, 2013, 10:53:01 AM
New thread. House people, post! As many as you like. And Taya had better get outta that cat condo and play some ball.

Posted :whip

Jane
Mar 1st, 2013, 02:33:59 PM
were doing this

WERE MAKING THIS HAPEN

Flux
Mar 1st, 2013, 09:35:33 PM
Dammit, I lost the stats for the baseball game Taya and Train are watching. >_< Running to post to house.

Aidan Fox
Mar 1st, 2013, 11:14:55 PM
I PM'd the play-by-play and box score links to Freight Train! :)

Vince
Mar 2nd, 2013, 01:19:42 AM
I was going to post to the Redencion House thread, but the internet is out at the moment. Will post tomorrow, hopefully.

Captain Untouchable
Mar 2nd, 2013, 02:06:17 AM
Wait, Harriman owes Freight Train shoes. Want to have her visit and check on that and get into trouble?

I definitely do want to do this. My reservation is that I'm also supposed to have a thread lined up where I develop a suit/shoes for Jim; I've got a thread already on the go where I meet and work with one of Sarah's characters; I've got a thread lined up where I meet and work with Zero; and I'm supposed to have something lined up with José as well.

Everything on the cards at the moment is pretty much a "square one" thread for me, and while I love all of the ideas that we've cooked up, and while I definitely want to write those events and see them happen... it feels like I'm treading water to some extent. I've got all these things keeping me busy, when what I really want to do is move on to the actual juicy part of the story that we've been waiting for years to get on with.

It's making it a little difficult to get myself psyched up and motivated for posting in this setting.

Freight Train
Mar 2nd, 2013, 10:33:05 AM
Not even a problem. Are you at all interested in continuing False Flag, where Zenas has to kill Torrsk for Decepis?

Vince: Post away. The more the merrier.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 3rd, 2013, 04:31:09 AM
It's fun seeing this stuff moving again :D

Captain Untouchable
Mar 3rd, 2013, 06:12:39 AM
Not even a problem. Are you at all interested in continuing False Flag, where Zenas has to kill Torrsk for Decepis?

In theory, yes. In practice, I'm not entirely sure what's meant to be happening, and I'm rapidly running out of stall tactics to keep the thread going any longer. Is someone else (s'Il?) meant to be bursting in at some point?

Zhe'chot
Mar 3rd, 2013, 12:16:37 PM
I don't recall. It's been that long/I've been busy enough that I only have the vaguest memory of what the outcome is to be. Let's get Charley and Christin. They'll know.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 5th, 2013, 06:11:38 PM
btw I'm not sure if I should post as Anna next or wait for others or..? Just let me know.

Flux
Mar 5th, 2013, 07:01:03 PM
You're up. :)

Anna Fernandez
Mar 5th, 2013, 08:15:07 PM
Not anymore!

Alex Kaine
Mar 5th, 2013, 09:41:30 PM
As point of clarification, I'm playing both Alex and Ronnie in this scene, so consider one or the other (or both) as me taking my turn.

Flux
Mar 5th, 2013, 10:07:26 PM
Gotcha. I'll bear it in mind.