PDA

View Full Version : Attack on the University?

Oliver Queen
Feb 16th, 2013, 05:25:43 PM
Don't worry, this isn't Oliver Queen soliciting for a new girlfriend.

So far, we've had a lot of vigilante threads, but not many "hero" threads. All of the encounters between good guys and bad guys have been happening at night, before the police arrive, when there's no one around to witness it.

To shake things up a bit, I thought it might be cool / interesting to have something happen during the day. Since Gotham University is fairly central, and since a lot of characters would have good excuses to be there (students, professors, researchers, librarians, reporters, cops, etc), some sort of villain / monster attack on the University would seem like a good place to start.

Perhaps this will give an opportunity for young heroes to meet each other: maybe a first outing for the future Birds of Prey?

Perhaps several of Gotham's vigilantes will all show up, and we'll have an impromptu team-up?

Perhaps the enemy of the story is someone that several factions (villains, vigilantes, Checkmate, DEO) are all trying to capture / control / apprehend, which will expose some of the shady multifactionality of Gotham to people who might not have realised it was there before?

I (not surprisingly) have quite a few ideas, but it all depends on who would be interested. :)

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 17th, 2013, 04:53:51 AM
I'd be happy to throw Helena into the mix.

Whose face will she be stomping on?

Amos Iakona
Feb 17th, 2013, 05:41:48 AM
Depends on who is interested, really.

If we're mostly non-powered, a big brutish character that you can defeat by hitting it a lot (like Blockbuster or Solomon Grundy) might work. A smattering of powers, or the prospect of Checkmate getting involved might warrant an enemy with a slightly more interesting power set: Clayface, Killer Frost, etc. If we've got magic users like Raven or Green Lantern, we could potentially take on Silver Scarab: he's Iron Man tough, but he gets confused by things that defy the laws of physics (like magic). If we want a more personal touch, there are plenty of skeletons in Carter Hall and Ray Palmer's closets: Major Force, Avatar, someone from the Injustice Society, and so on.