PDA

View Full Version : (Dis)Honest Jobs

Vince
Jan 24th, 2013, 06:11:23 PM
Watching Firefly, Battle: Los Angeles, and finally getting a station on Pandora that has the sound I'm looking for in inspiration and Ben writing music has me wanting to get started on some Bendiana Jones threads. I know I'd discussed some of this before, but watching Firefly has got me thinking that instead of going straight into some big ol' SAVE THE GALAXY stuff, we could do some smaller stuff like maybe a few robberies or deliveries gone wrong on some backwater worlds and perhaps mess up a Black Sun job or something.

So instead of blowing up people's facebooks with messages (because I can't IM at the mo'), I'm posting this up for a less intrusive forum for discussing serious/sad jobs, zany jobs, or some really lucrative but also stupid/dangerous jobs.

What I'm looking for is anyone really who'd like to either jump in for a thread, or can think of a job idea for Ben. Job-givers, like Black Sun Viggos or even maybe some lower peons wanting some goods smuggled or stolen, Imperials who want to do something under the radar, or even some people who are trying to evade capture, and maybe some characters to be Ben's buddies and help over a while if they so desire.

Anyone interested?

Kal Olorin
Jan 24th, 2013, 06:33:09 PM
I'm up for helping out, I can't think of a job for Ben at this moment though. Black Sun usually contracts within the organization. A job for him to stumble into and mess up? That would be easier. :D

Blaze Revoch
Jan 24th, 2013, 07:33:56 PM
Where the boss-man goes, I go ;)

And I've got lots of Imps, Black Sun, etc to toss in if needed - but you know Enedra is on board as a primary :eee

Vince
Jan 24th, 2013, 08:03:47 PM
Well, I'm all for Ben making a contact within Black Sun; he's looking to branch out from Alliance jobs to keep his itinerary from being too incriminating. Perhaps we could have him do something of an audition run to Black Sun and make a "friend" like that.

Garrick Kane
Jan 25th, 2013, 05:33:27 AM
I think I've established at some point that Garrick Kane tends to hire outside of Black Sun, in order to avoid the same familiar faces going through customs and attracting the attention of CorSec. It could be that Ben ends up pulling a job for Garrick, after which Garrick puts in a good word that lines him up for other jobs with Black Sun down the line.

Carré Inirial
Jan 25th, 2013, 08:58:31 AM
*eyes Garrick*

And if you end up going that route, if you don't mind, Yolie needs a way off the Wheel, so you could drop her off on Corellia as well since I've got the next part of her story starting there :)

Vince
Jan 25th, 2013, 10:38:27 AM
Definitely! Along that line of thought, Jedi and unaligned Force Adepts are also welcome to jump in on a job one so desires. I know Zeke is a great character to bounce Ben off of already; Wei I think would be great for one of these.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jan 25th, 2013, 11:56:59 AM
Did you want to work an angle with this using your current employment with Taataani?

Park Kraken
Jan 25th, 2013, 12:47:31 PM
I might have an Imperial job for you. Locating a secret Rebel base that'll tie in with a thread I'm working on.

Vince
Jan 25th, 2013, 02:36:22 PM
Charley: I've got an idea for that I'd like to run past you, but the short answer is yes, at least one or two jobs will be from Taa I'm thinking.

Park: Ben wouldn't do a job like that out and out, so there would have to be at least a layer of deception to the entire thing. If you want to discuss something, I'm game. The more complicating it makes Ben's life, the better.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 25th, 2013, 07:22:49 PM
You could always have Ben do a seemingly milquetoast cargo run that gets complicated by the discovery of a dead body in one of the cargo crates. May lead to some interesting reactions :)

Vince
Jan 26th, 2013, 01:03:00 AM
^ This Is An Amazing Idea

Droo
Jan 26th, 2013, 08:36:33 AM
You could always have Ben do a seemingly milquetoast cargo run that gets complicated by the discovery of a dead body in one of the cargo crates...

Or a naked Summer Glau. :mischief

Lyta Trevor
Jan 26th, 2013, 10:45:18 AM
IT'S ALIVE! *cough*

*pokes the Droo*

*gets back on topic* This cargo idea is full of win :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 26th, 2013, 11:27:42 AM
Who wouldn't want to find a naked Summer Glau in their ship's manifest :p

As for the dead body, I had thoughts on a few different approaches for it. One could be a straight-up discovery through some goofy accident of sorts that knocks the crate open. Another is that perhaps the cargo was accompanied by a silly little corporate stooge who is so high strung about the cargo being handled properly (despite it being something dumb like vaccuums or fake topiaries) that he has a heart attack and to hide the body, Ben and Co. end up stuffing the stooge into one of the crates.

Vince
Jan 26th, 2013, 02:26:23 PM
"Why is it that there is an increasing occurence of people being dead in my cargo bay?"

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 26th, 2013, 02:45:13 PM
Hahahaha or you could do a snakes on a plane parody with mynocks :D

Enedra Myrrhe
Jan 26th, 2013, 04:34:55 PM
"There's too many motherfucking mynocks in my motherfucking cargo bay!"

Vince
Feb 1st, 2013, 09:32:10 AM
So, who would be up for doing some (dis)honest jobs with Ben or give him a job to screw up for the first thread?

Also:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u161/blahblahblahblabbity/Pulp-O-Mizer_Cover_Image.jpg

Taataani Meorrrei
Feb 11th, 2013, 12:33:40 AM
I posted. Glad to be back in the swing of things again!

Ben Merasska
Feb 11th, 2013, 10:13:02 AM
Glad to have you back! Dee, would you like to throw in now?

Dee
Feb 11th, 2013, 10:15:57 AM
I'd love to. I'll do so right now, in fact :)

Enedra Myrrhe
Feb 11th, 2013, 01:44:10 PM
And by right that minute, I meant several hours later because the office has been positively crazy today...thank god I can escape in 15 minutes...

---

And I'm sorry its such a terrible post... :(

Vince
Feb 11th, 2013, 08:28:35 PM
I liked it, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!