PDA

View Full Version : "The Question" (Forums Front Page)

Victor Sage
Jan 19th, 2013, 12:03:23 AM
I've had an idea for some "in-character" interviews to go on the front page of the forums for ages, but never really got around to do doing them. With us using DC characters though, I figure it'll be even more fun.

It's a simple idea; just a hard-to-explain one, so bear with me.

The interviews would be similar to an American talk show. The presenter (Victor Sage) would have one or two people sitting on his couch, and he would ask them questions about the story, the plans, etc, as if they were actors on a TV show. However, the people sitting on his couch aren't actors: they're the actual characters. The people writing responses do so in character... and because of all the myriad comic, cartoon, and movie versions, they have more knowledge than they should.

If Oliver Queen were on the couch, The Question might ask him about the whole "being Robin" angle. Oliver could explain how that helps to build on the dynamic between him and Batman, how it means that the name (Robin) is a Robin Hood reference rather than a random dorky bird reference, how his transition from Robin to Green Arrow mirrors Dick Grayson's progression from Robin to Nightwing (something that the setting didn't have), etc. He might talk about how we turned Dinah Hall's father into the golden age Green Arrow in order to make sense of the Earth-1/Earth-2 stuff; might joke about the fact that he's technically scored with both versions of Black Canary, and so on.

With Ted Kord on the couch, The Question may ask about the fact that Ted is famously shot in the head during the comics; he might ask if there are any plans to foreshadow that. If Huntress is on the couch, the Question might, bearing in mind her Justice League Unlimited relationship with The Question and her Arrow relationship with Oliver Queen, ask which of the two is better in bed. With Barbara Gordon and Michael Holt on the couch, The Question may bring up the fact that they're not Batgirl and Mister Terrific, and that the opposite one is in a wheelchair, and ask what that means for them, etc. Vic might have the three current members of the Suicide Squad on the couch, or a selection of DEO Agents or MCU Detectives, to talk about the shades of grey stuff we have going on.

It's basically a way to explain and justify why we've made the differences we've made, in a way that will (hopefully) be more entertaining than just reading a post/wiki page.

I'll need some victims volunteers for the first issue/edition though. If anyone is interested / willing / enthusiastic, toss some names into the ring: I'll try and shuffle things up so we get some fun/interesting combinations of characters.

Kendra Saunders
Jan 19th, 2013, 01:39:37 AM
Any of us are perfectly willing.

Ok. Some more willing than others, but we'll all play along :D

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 19th, 2013, 05:37:10 AM
Make it so!