PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion (2013)

Captain Untouchable
Dec 8th, 2012, 10:37:35 PM
Normally I'm indifferent about pretty much any project involving Tom Cruise, but this actually looks pretty cool. :ohno

dQ3Mt9yiz6k

Though, I am kinda disappointed that the drone didn't look like WALL-E. :(

Vince
Dec 9th, 2012, 01:19:12 AM
Here's the thing. I think this movie looks pretty good, and even more, has the potential to tell a pretty good story. But (and everything before is negated...) I think there were other actors who could have played the role Cruise is playing, and perhaps better. I can only imagine Jean Reno in this sort of role, or - God forbid - Johnny Depp (playing something other than a quirky macabre artsy protagonist, which I dearly want to see, if only to see if he can do that anymore).

And aside from them, there's actors like Sean Bean (in role where he doesn't die? I know, far fetched, but still...), and hell, even Face from the A-Team has potential in this.

I know I shouldn't be too hard on the casting choice, because at least this isn't a sequel, part of a franchise, or a rehash of a movie made some years ago as far as I know; but Cruise already has Reacher (which seems mildly entertaining if nothing else) to try and reboot his career.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 9th, 2012, 04:46:26 AM
I'm pretty sure Tom Cruise's career doesn't need to be rebooted. :)

Mu Satach
Dec 9th, 2012, 02:42:42 PM
That looks promising.