PDA

View Full Version : World War Z (2013)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 9th, 2012, 01:09:51 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ns6Qf_IvfyE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ns6Qf_IvfyE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos, Daniella Kertesz, James Badge Dale, Matthew Fox and David Morse star in the movie adaptation of Max Brooks’ World War Z: An Oral History Of The Zombie War.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 9th, 2012, 04:41:18 PM
Fast zombies are so much scarier than slow ones. D:

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 11th, 2012, 09:43:53 AM
I don't like how the zombies look in this. All... swarm-y. It looks painfully CGI'd.

Crusader
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:44:32 AM
^^Agreed it looks like a waste of money to me like in I am Legend. CGI Zombies=Fail in my book. Zombies are us not Aliens!

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:46:24 AM
It looks like a very loose "adaption" of the source material.

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:47:31 PM
And by loose you mean, "Let's just throw the title on it and see if it sells."

My skeptical-ism is rising.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 23rd, 2013, 10:07:11 AM
Well, this looks like crap.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WvrOQIhfG0Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WvrOQIhfG0Y?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:12:46 AM
I'll say. It's just static! :shakefist

:p

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:14:54 AM
Ah, I guess Paramount is finding all the trailers on Youtube and taking em down... because they're so crap!

Droo
Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:20:01 AM
Wow, it's Transformers all over again. I see lots of stuff, but the signal deteriorates before it reaches my brain.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:20:47 AM
I don't think anyone actually read the book before making this.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 23rd, 2013, 11:28:20 AM
It's about a...world war... of zombies.... right? What's to read!? *chucks book out the window* /paramount executive

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 16th, 2013, 11:42:40 AM
This is actually getting some.. decent reviews :whaa

Charlotte Tur'enne
Jun 22nd, 2013, 04:14:15 PM
:( The fact this is not done to appear as a documentary with live-action "real time" flashback scenes makes me a sad panda.

Vince
Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:00:03 PM
I've read some good reviews and bad reviews. Without having seen the movie, my judgement is woefully lacking, but from what I've heard, I'd be leaning toward a feeling of disappointment.

Zereth Lancer
Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:20:46 PM
Just got back from the movie. I have not read the book but my Girlfriend has and she says it doesn't follow the book at all, but does mention and line up with certain events from the book but avoids a lot of other ones. Not having read the books the movie came off as just another Zombie movie. I'm a little disenchanted by the abundance of zombie material in recent years and World War Z offered a glimpse of what might have been a great movie, but the length of a single film is just not enough to showcase everything from the book. In short, if you are a fan of the books you might walk away from this disappointed. There's some unforgivable over use of a shake camera, and that was my biggest complaint. It was enjoyable but not really satisfying.

Crusader
Jul 18th, 2013, 04:07:33 AM
I think I overall liked this movie but I was disappointed when they went to Cardiff that there was not a single Doctor Who reference to spot there.