PDA

View Full Version : A normal day in the lab.....

Karl Valten
Oct 19th, 2012, 07:35:54 PM
I love my job

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8lp1WM7XHA&feature=plcp

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 19th, 2012, 11:27:01 PM
So you video something really cool and ruin it with shit music.

Stop it. Dont be like the 99% of video that get music overlays - lets HEAR it thing ignite, it's a much MUCH better video that way.

Karl Valten
Oct 20th, 2012, 12:26:19 AM
Sadly I'm not the one that did video editing.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 20th, 2012, 12:51:31 AM
I don't care what music was overlayed; it was awesome just the same :)

Darth Turbogeek
Oct 21st, 2012, 09:39:02 PM
Sadly I'm not the one that did video editing.

Go grab a frying pan and beat the shit out of them. Rockets without the engine sounds suck.

Ilias Nytrau
Oct 21st, 2012, 11:35:58 PM
Go grab a frying pan and beat the shit out of them. Rockets without the engine sounds suck.

This here is proof that Mark is a potty-mouthed seven-year-old. :lol

Also, Josh... ROCKETS ARE COOL. :eee

Karl Valten
Oct 23rd, 2012, 11:23:47 PM
Ah, figured out the reason for the music. Words were used that we don't really want on video for everyone to hear.

Words such as:

"Oh shit!"

"Don't Panic.....Don't Panic!"

"Extinquishers ready!"

And other shenanigans. Obviously we are a professional group and we had a 100% grasp on how what might happen.......maybe.....not really. We had pair of fire extiquishers ready, someone on fan duty (for smoke), someone on extension cord duty (for the big ass fan), and one on fire alarm duty. The rest of us evacuated other people in nearby labs and the immediate vicinity out of there.....because we weren't sure if we were going to burn the building down with how much fuel we had there.

We had another camera away from the people in the room so once we go through that video we may be able to avoid most of that and avoid muting/using music.

Burned completely through the thermal protection layer and fire caulk we had available. Welding table was scorched and somewhat damage. Electrical lines were completely burned through, and we scorched the fume hood.

All in all, pretty good experiment.

Next time we use less fuel.....