PDA

View Full Version : Euro Nerd 2014

Crusader
Sep 24th, 2012, 02:26:15 AM
So we collected some ideas and created this little interactive map for you guys! Please give us some feedback about what you want to visit or what we forgot to include:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zuYAPGPsuLrU.k8m-dzLKQwdg

Original Post:

I know we still have a lot of time for planing but it is never too early to collect ideas. So if the world does not end at the 21st of December, we should work on a plan:

Like obducting/befriending rich people from San Diego that get us tickets for Comic Con and a house to crash.

Departure / Arrival Times!

Jones - Arrive 15/08/2014 @ 11:00 / Depart 03/09/2014 @ 18:40
Brian - Arrive 15/08/2014 @ 10:20 / Depart 02/09/2014 @ 13:45
Chris - Arrive 14/08/2014 @ 10:20 / Depart 24/08/2014 @ 16:40
Sarah/Jace - 14/08/2014 @ 17:55 / Depart 23/08/2014 @ 07:30

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 24th, 2012, 10:13:10 AM
Hehe, well if I recall correctly, getting CC tickets for a group of our size is pretty much impossible; they aren't sold the same way that DC tickets are.

I do believe LA and Wasteland Weekend was bandied about as next year's Nerd event, and if Sarah and The Boy are able to get a place in the same area that they live at the moment, it'd only be something to the tune of an hour and forty-five minute drive out to California City.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 24th, 2012, 12:48:41 PM
SDCC as an event also does not lend itself well to large groups,so aside from the fact that we could all never get tickets, it just wouldn't be as enjoyable (for a big group) as D*Con.

I'm already going to SDCC again and will probably try to go to Star Wars Celebration in Germany, if Peter goes... Wasteland Weekend sounds like a pretty awesome way to cap off that trio.

Sansa
Sep 24th, 2012, 01:07:08 PM
I would pick dragon*con again if I had a vote. :)

Crusader
Sep 24th, 2012, 05:29:15 PM
OK I spoke to my bro this morning and he said that he would be intrested in going to Celebraton net year as well. We could crash at his place since he lives a good hour away from the con and he has got time off during that period plus a big grill. He suggested doing some culture stuff as well if we have time like going to Xanten (they have a partialy reconstructed Roman colony at the archeology park) or visiting the Hell's Highway.

If we get a big group together he would help us to find a cheap holiday lodge/bungalow nearby.

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 24th, 2012, 06:28:16 PM
>_< Sadly our new home doesn't really lend itself to nerd pack (tinnyyyy duplex) so Wasteland may have to wait.

SDCC is cool...but can be a nightmare in getting tickets, not to mention hotels (Hotel lotto anyone?) I can't really recommend it for a large group since it would be very easy for one person who wants to go to not get tickets to the event and since they basically wait until the last minute to sell them (at least they did last year, it seemed) it's hard to really plan a full trip/travel itinerary around it.

I'm cool with trying for Celebration! Not sure how much vacation time I'd have so that'd be a factor for me but if everyone else goes with this than I'm sure I can swing something...may just not be there for the whole thing :)

But if anyone has any ideas for this year and wants to do something more low-key (kinda like Miami or Reno was) that's cool too. Almost would prefer it, really. Cons are fun but kicking it around someone's home townish and seeing the sites has been pretty great as well.

Sansa
Sep 24th, 2012, 07:47:33 PM
Well, I humbly submit my house as an option for a gathering place for next summer. There are no shortage of breweries or food carts (especially not food carts) or natural wonders or the beach or the mountain, etc etc. :) PLUS we could even have a fence by then. :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 24th, 2012, 08:25:07 PM
I'm in the same boat as Sarah, in that my vacation time is limited; I won't get my third week of PTO until the summer of 2014, and I know I'd want to have enough time to see a bunch of different places while giving myself a few days after getting home to reacclimate. Doesn't mean I'm against the idea for next year, I just wouldn't be able to stay the whole trip.

My mom did mention everyone coming back to her place for another nerd event at some point, so there's also that.

Plus, if we still want Wasteland Weekend on the list of possible places, I bet if we wanted we could rent a few hotel rooms in California City for cheap and bomb around LA and the surrounding areas; maybe even go out to Napa Valley. Actually, that'd be too long of a drive for a day trip to wine country, sadly.

edit - apparently it's only a five and a half hour drive from Smith Valley to California City, so the option of Wasteland Weekend and 3-4 days after that at 'the ranch' are doable as well.

Crusader
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:18:38 AM
I agree with Christin, Holly and Sarah. A more town based Nerd would be a good idea keeping in mind that a Euro Nerd in 2014 will mean a lot of money and vacation to be spent for the Americans.

Celebration Europe 2 is just a bonus event and I think I will do it if my brother, Martina and Jones are game for it since I already know plenty of people from Nürnberg that want to go there.

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 25th, 2012, 09:02:16 AM
I wanna go visit Mamma Kim! :eee

:P there I put my "official" vote in. lol

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 25th, 2012, 10:39:16 AM
Mamma Kim's + Wasteland Weekend?

Taataani Meorrrei
Sep 25th, 2012, 12:14:36 PM
I'm always down to hang with the in-laws

Miranda Tarkin
Oct 2nd, 2012, 12:05:23 PM
One of these years, I hope to reconnect with you guys :shakefist

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2012, 01:08:12 PM
You and me both, Dani!

We could have a play date with the babies, lol. :)

Miranda Tarkin
Oct 2nd, 2012, 02:18:14 PM
hah XD that would be cute

I am just looking to get her born safely at this point. 35 weeks this Friday, OB appt tomorrow!

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 2nd, 2012, 06:12:16 PM
You're in the home stretch! :eee

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 3rd, 2012, 05:17:43 PM
If we do decide to do WW and Smith Valley, we could call it Wasteland Nerd :)

Emelie Shadowstar
Oct 3rd, 2012, 06:01:25 PM
Yessssssssssss

Callista
Oct 4th, 2012, 03:37:11 PM
I wants to come to a nerdling event ^_^ even if for only a couple days.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 4th, 2012, 04:42:02 PM
You should do this. It is known.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 4th, 2012, 05:03:59 PM
Doo eeeet!!!

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 14th, 2012, 08:17:17 AM
We can now book time off work for 2013, so I just grabbed a few weeks around when I assume Wasteland Weekend will be next year. The latter half of September is pretty busy at my employer, so figured I better get the time out while it was still available.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:10:42 PM
I won't be able to put in until we come back from christmas shutdown, but I'll be doing the same thing as you, Jenny. I'll need to check the WW site and see if there are any dates hammered down yet.

Taataani Meorrrei
Dec 6th, 2012, 07:14:56 PM
WW tix are on sale now and apparently going fast!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 6th, 2012, 09:06:20 PM
I don't think it's all the tickets, just the cheaper ones. I saw a WW update on FB that said the tier one tickets were already sold out.

E - holy crap I just checked the site, and apparently tickets in all tiers are sold out already :O

E/e - I have no idea. So there are more tiers, but I only see three when I pull up WW on my phone. There's a cap of 1500 tickets; I at least know that much.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 7th, 2012, 12:14:30 PM
Their website has a total of 6 ticket tiers listed: one "early bird" and 5 official tiers. I am assuming there are 250 tickets available per tier based on the overall ticket cap of 1500 tickets. As each tier sells out, the next tier becomes active. Right now, tiers 1 and 2 are sold out and tier 3 is active. The only difference in each tier is per-ticket price.

Early Bird tickets were $50.
Tier 1 was $60.
Tier 2 was $70.
Tier 3 tickets are $80.
Tier 4 tickets will be $90.
Tier 5 tickets will be $100.

If my assumptions are right, over half the tickets are sold at this point. If we decide this is something we want to do, we should act quickly, both to make sure we can go and to get in at cheaper rates.

Has anyone already purchased tickets?

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 9th, 2012, 03:07:49 PM
Not yet. Are we definitely going to this?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 10th, 2012, 11:04:05 AM
Charley and I are ready to buy tickets if that's what we all want to do.

Crusader
Dec 10th, 2012, 12:55:49 PM
This would be combined with Reno right? My honey will have time off from university so this should be doable.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 11th, 2012, 10:31:03 AM
Aye, it would be together.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 19th, 2012, 10:42:12 PM
I'm not sure if I'm in for this. Feeling like some stuff is up in the air this year, I'll likely be moving again at some point.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 29th, 2012, 05:34:07 PM
Instead of WW/Nevada, would anyone be keen on the alternative of a Nerd Christmas at my mom's?

Pierce Tondry
Dec 30th, 2012, 01:10:19 AM
I could go for that. It would be easier for me to do a vacation at that time next year than the Wasteland Weekend time. This coming year is looking less financially secure than I was hoping.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 30th, 2012, 04:25:19 AM
You mean actually spend Christmas out there or?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 30th, 2012, 06:29:32 AM
Christmas out there was what I was thinking, yeah.

Captain Untouchable
Dec 30th, 2012, 09:49:19 AM
Christmas? With snow? And mountains? :ohno

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 30th, 2012, 09:50:47 AM
That would be lovely :3:

Saidra
Dec 30th, 2012, 04:05:19 PM
Ooooh! This could be pretty fun! :D

Crusader
Dec 30th, 2012, 07:38:21 PM
New years eve would be fine for us but Xmas is for the family. So if we would make a 2 week thing and Xmas would be on the first week we would probably be OK with it.

Emelie Shadowstar
Dec 30th, 2012, 08:57:56 PM
ooooh New Years with Nerds!!! :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 30th, 2012, 09:08:48 PM
New years might be tricky for me, since as far as I know we're not allowed to schedule days off for the year next until everyone is back on the 2nd. I'll make double sure though on Wednesday.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 30th, 2012, 09:54:41 PM
Trip at Christmas is a no go for me.

Dasquian the Elf
Dec 31st, 2012, 01:22:24 AM
Christmas, New Years, either works for me.

I never normally take any time off work at Christmas so shouldn't be difficult for me to get the surrounding weeks off.

Emelie Shadowstar
Dec 31st, 2012, 12:41:42 PM
The more I think about it the less I'm kinda up for Christmas... it is family time, after all.

How about Thanksgiving though?? Since the folks over the pond don't experience the whole doom turkey it could be fun :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 31st, 2012, 12:49:43 PM
Thanksgiving would be easy to do :)

Captain Untouchable
Dec 31st, 2012, 01:09:07 PM
Personally, I'd rather do Christmas.

I probably sound like a miserable killjoy for saying it, but Thanksgiving just isn't a big deal for me. I'm sure it would be awesome: but spending any time with you guys is already awesome by default. If plane tickets and what-not are going to be more expensive because of it being a special holiday celebration/thing, I'd rather that thing was Christmas. At least that way, it's as big a deal as it is for you guys.

I'm not a grumpy old man, I swear. :uhoh

Morgan Evanar
Dec 31st, 2012, 06:26:50 PM
Holidays make stuff expensive.

Crusader
Dec 31st, 2012, 07:29:07 PM
One of the problems I see with a late Nerd in 2013 is that it could affect the budget for Euro Nerd in 2014.
We would still prefer a Nerd in August/September since that is between semesters for Martina. It would not have to be Wasteland Weekend since there is a lot of other stuff to do on West Coast IMHO.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 31st, 2012, 08:38:27 PM
To be honest, as long as the Nerd event happens after June/July I have no qualms with it. I only put out the Christmas idea since I'm going to be out in Nevada for that time. As it goes, my mom is cool with any time that we choose to go out there.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 1st, 2013, 03:00:47 AM
I would rather do something later in the year. I have a bunch of time off inJuly for Star Wars Celebration and SDCC, so sometime after October would be best for me. I don't really want to be doing three holidays in the space of just a couple of months, again.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 2nd, 2013, 09:06:43 PM
Good news on the New Years idea if we still want that on the table; I can take off into the next year so that if we do want to ring in the new year together we can. It would also let folks that want to do the Christmas thing do that as well.

Kendra Saunders
Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:20:47 PM
That sounds amazing. I can't do the usual August/September Nerd time with my job (that's a massively busy time for the church with the greek festival we do every year - I will be swamped).

But Christmas/New Year's would be perfect...its pretty slow and I'll have accrued enough vacation time by then since it'll be after my one year mark :)

Morgan Evanar
Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:09:19 PM
I could probably do New Years.

Charley
Jan 4th, 2013, 02:15:16 AM
I'm just concerned about using any 2014 time if we're gonna be milking euro nerd for all it's worth

Saidra
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:19:18 PM
I think we've kinda decided that we're skipping 2013 in favor of savoring EuroNerd?

At least that's what I was understanding... yes, everyone?

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:28:55 PM
I believe so!

Kurth Halx
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:29:34 PM
Aye, thats my understanding of it. We'll be still doing Dragon*Con, but nothing so ridiculous as last year

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 24th, 2013, 12:36:55 PM
That's what I was under the impression we were doing. A lot of us are already having a lot of mini-nerd things going on throughout the year as it is, as well. I know that I'm still going out to my mom's for christmas and new years, and that Jace is as well. I think Holly was going to try and make it out to Nevada for new years at least, too. Charley and I discussed making a real go of it and pulling a roadtrip out to Nevada with pitstops along the way to visit other nerds.

Sansa
Feb 24th, 2013, 01:39:43 PM
We're planning on going to Vegas in June (fingers crossed, no reservations yet). :)

I don't know yet about New Years but we'll see. ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 3rd, 2013, 02:50:18 AM
Should we rename this the EuroNerd forward planning thread? :D

Crusader
Mar 3rd, 2013, 04:16:17 AM
Yeah go ahead. The next question would be who is not able to get time off in August or September 2014?
Or to phrase it differently: We prefer August and September. Please respond as well if you have time during that period.

Oh and btw since we are in Europe the distance and costs for some of our other Europeans will be less... just saying...

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:23:32 AM
For me at least, it should be a comparatively cheap year compared to this one!

I have no preference between Aug and Sept... I can get either off pretty easily, although I suppose Aug might be better depending on where we go as the weather will be nicer (theoretically)

Captain Untouchable
Mar 3rd, 2013, 11:46:59 AM
It's worth bearing in mind though that August will land us solidly in the school holidays period, so any touristy things we want to go to may well be over-run with annoying little sproglings. We might be better off aiming for September, in the interests of evading some of that holiday congestion.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:39:54 PM
I can get time off at any time so long as it's after July, so whenever is decided is a-okay by me.

Carré Inirial
Mar 3rd, 2013, 08:52:03 PM
I definitely won't be able to do September, unfortunately, so August would be best for me.

Crusader
Mar 4th, 2013, 01:24:14 AM
It's worth bearing in mind though that August will land us solidly in the school holidays period, so any touristy things we want to go to may well be over-run with annoying little sproglings.

School kids wont be our problems most of the time. Budget will certainly get affected but we will try to scale it according to the time people get off and how much money they are able to spent next year.

For example we have proposed going to Paris for a few days(2-3) that will cost us around 110-140 Euros per person for public transport (depending on if we know 3 months in advance who is coming) plus around 50 Euros per night.

If we still have money (or instead) we can drive up to north west Germany and get a lodge for us so that we can clown car room this again. Then we would spend 2 nights there. We would visit the medival town Brugges in Belgium. I promise you that we will buy some of the best chocolate there you have ever tasted.
Plus we can go to Xanten and I think this place will make Charley happy:
http://www.apx.lvr.de/english/archaeologicalpark/

Those are the only two "expensive" trips we could do but we will make polls for that and my resident tourist office (Martina) will have some more stuff and I guess we will make a poll at some point about stuff we want to do.

Morgan Evanar
May 18th, 2013, 10:43:49 AM
If it's still around I'd probably do a tourist drive day at the Nurburgring

Crusader
May 18th, 2013, 12:58:41 PM
We can certainly arange something like that

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 31st, 2013, 02:04:15 PM
Have we narrowed anything down yet to a definite set of dates? If not, I would like to put my vote in for after Labor Day.

Crusader
Aug 31st, 2013, 02:15:08 PM
http://www.theholo.net/forum/showthread.php?23401-On-what-weekend-should-we-start-Euro-Nerd-2014&highlight=euro+nerd

What about Thursday 14.08.2014 until Wednesday 03.09.2014? That would be 3 weeks and cover both Bank Holiday (25.08.) and Labour Day (01.09.).
Dee, if you have to be back by September, you only have to shorten the holiday by half a week.

Yes we already had a date and unfortunately it is before labour day.

Peter McCoy
Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:48:26 PM
Droo and I are looking into a trip to Cologne for Gamescom which is running August 14th-17th next year. While we'll doubtedly spend every day at Gamescom, a good two days is likely, plus maybe a day or two chilling out drinking out and about in the city itself.

If you guys are planning to be in Germany round this time it'd be awesome to arrange some kind of a meet-up.

Nothing is in concrete yet, this trip is still in the planning stage with a group of Brits we regularly game with online.

Crusader
Sep 4th, 2013, 01:06:43 AM
Don't do Games Com on saturday. Thursday is the best day to go and maybe friday but even then it is retarded full. Just keep in mind that it takes up to 4h to actually play a game.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 4th, 2013, 11:43:11 AM
Is Cologne a doable/likely destination for us? It would be excellent to finally meet the other UK posters!

Crusader
Sep 4th, 2013, 12:55:59 PM
Well it is this far away:

http://goo.gl/maps/IqRTn

Emelie Shadowstar
Sep 5th, 2013, 06:27:39 PM
*Looks at date of trip... looks at care package*

i see what you did there... So... Apparently I'll be in Germany for at least the first week :P

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Sep 6th, 2013, 11:38:42 PM
It's like I said before; Peter and Martina are evil geniuses :)

There's no doubt; Charley and I will be there.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 7th, 2013, 09:37:58 AM
did everyone get their package yet? can we talk about it? :ohno

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 7th, 2013, 01:02:34 PM
What packages!?

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 14th, 2013, 12:53:07 AM
I don't know...

*looks pointedly at Chris, Brian and Dee*

Rhone Banhammer
Sep 15th, 2013, 08:21:11 AM
Peter and I have discussed the contents of what I received. You'll want to hold back until you hear from Chris and Dee, but consider my part of the bargain held up.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 16th, 2013, 12:19:37 PM
Peter... want to do the honours and lift the NDA here?

Crusader
Sep 16th, 2013, 04:30:33 PM
Well I will make this short I guess:
Martina and I will get married on August 16th 2014 (the first weekend of Euro Nerd) and since Fans... I mean theHolo.Net ::cough:: has become such an influential part of our life we have decided to invite you guys and girls over to our wedding.

...Plus we needed a good excuse for Sarah so that she can get time off to visit us in Europe. ;)

Rhone Banhammer
Sep 16th, 2013, 04:56:10 PM
Well I will make this short I guess:
Martina and I will get married on May 16th 2014 (the first weekend of Euro Nerd) and since Fans... I mean theHolo.Net ::cough:: has become such an influential part of our life we have decided to invite you guys and girls over to our wedding.

...Plus we needed a good excuse for Sarah so that she can get time off to visit us in Europe. ;)

I really, really hope you mean "August 16th, 2014".

Crusader
Sep 16th, 2013, 05:01:29 PM
Yes August... I MAY have made a mistake there... We will be in a relationship for 4 years on May 16th.

Lilaena De'Ville
Sep 16th, 2013, 08:12:09 PM
Congratulations! :)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2013, 01:37:23 PM
dayum... I think I have enough air-miles from flying to California to actually get a return flight to Germany for about £35

Crusader
Jan 25th, 2014, 05:53:34 PM
So we collected some ideas and created this little interactive map for you guys! Please give us some feedback about what you want to visit or what we forgot to include:

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zuYAPGPsuLrU.k8m-dzLKQwdg

Just click on the list on the left for detailed information (wiki articles) and prices.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 26th, 2014, 08:21:07 AM
This is so ridiculous well organised, and I am not in the least bit surprised!

Charley
Jan 26th, 2014, 09:52:08 AM
I tried showing this to Christin when she was in the stages of getting quite tipsy so I'm not sure how much she actually *saw*, but I quite like it. That hits my key points of interest on this trip

Crusader
Jan 26th, 2014, 11:05:38 AM
I just noticed that we forgot to add Nürburgring. I will add this later.

Dee
Jan 26th, 2014, 12:08:56 PM
Eeee! *squee* :eee

I'll be flying in on the 14th of August (Thursday) and leaving on the 3rd of September (Wednesday) :eee:eee
More specific details will come as soon as I actually book flights :eee:eee

:dance :dance :dance

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 8th, 2014, 04:21:55 AM
Hey Peter, can I catch you at some point this weekend to book my flights / confirm that they are okay dates/times-wise?

Crusader
Feb 8th, 2014, 06:03:07 AM
I have no idea when I will be at home today but tomorrow will be fine.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 8th, 2014, 03:54:50 PM
Flights be booked. I am the first confirmed guest for Euro Nerd :dance

Chrysothemis
Feb 10th, 2014, 01:54:22 AM
Huzzah! Jenny, what are your dates/times? :eee

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 10th, 2014, 11:11:10 AM
I added em to the first post!

Enedra Myrrhe
Mar 5th, 2014, 11:51:50 AM
Woo! I'll be booking flights within the next week or two.

SO EXCITED.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 5th, 2014, 12:12:33 PM
Excellent.

Everyone else should probably start thinking about the same thing!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 6th, 2014, 11:05:47 AM
We're waiting on our tax return, since that is paying for our tickets ^_^;

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 29th, 2014, 04:51:48 PM
anyone else?

Captain Untouchable
Mar 30th, 2014, 04:32:31 PM
I'm going to have to wait until considerably closer to the time. It may end up costing more, but my priority right now is kinda making sure my living arrangements are more comprehensive than a sleeping bag and a shop doorway.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:23:23 AM
Understandable.

Any other nerds got a status report?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 31st, 2014, 11:50:11 AM
Our federal came in, we're just waiting for state before calling Delta.

Crusader
Mar 31st, 2014, 01:20:50 PM
Did anyone else look at flights lately?

Captain Untouchable
May 21st, 2014, 09:39:17 AM
So... given the way my health, finances, and housing situation is going right now, it looks like I'm only gonna be able to make it across for the first week or so - otherwise you guys are gonna be dragging a battery-drained cripple around Europe the whole time.

I will probably try and leave the same day that Sarah does, so you guys don't have to write off an extra departure day. :uhoh

Crusader
May 30th, 2014, 03:47:59 PM
So do we have some more flight dates? We need to start planing the major trips soon especially the ones that require accomondation. I would personally prefer planing the roundtrips rather sooner than later before the wedding preparations need even more of my attention.

Emelie Shadowstar
May 31st, 2014, 05:41:49 PM
My wallet now hates me.

However....

I will be arriving Thurs Aug 14 at 5:55pm
leaving Saturday Aug 23 at 7:30 am (sorry >_>;; it was the only way to get home at a decent time and I can't stay the entire trip because I work for Hell.)

Captain Untouchable
May 31st, 2014, 05:46:57 PM
I will be arriving Thurs Aug 14 at 5:55pm
leaving Saturday Aug 23 at 7:30 am

Ditto. :dance

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 1st, 2014, 06:34:10 AM
Updated the first post to include all the flight info that we currently have.. which is not much!

Emelie Shadowstar
Jun 1st, 2014, 12:49:34 PM
:( aww quick update to the first post needed - It shall be just me making the trip over. Kris is staying behind to make sure Gozer doesn't take over the country while I'm gone.

But yeaaaahhh, I'd suggest getting tickets ASAP at this point if anyone hasn't done so. I checked out flights a week or two ago and ended up buying them this weekend for a noticeably larger amount than they were when I first saw them.

Crusader
Jun 1st, 2014, 01:49:08 PM
Charley already sent me his dates a while back but I think he did not want to share them too openly because of things that happened last time.

Droo
Jun 1st, 2014, 02:12:00 PM
Don't blame him. Especially with this unsavoury rabble!

Crusader
Jun 29th, 2014, 10:38:10 AM
BTW did all the invitations arrive? I hope I used the right address for Chris this time and that my mail got to Dee this time.

Any news on the passports and tickets front?

Pierce Tondry
Jun 29th, 2014, 06:08:45 PM
My tickets are booked!

Arrival: 10:20am, 8/15/14
Departure: 1:45pm, 9/2/14

Morgan Evanar
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:02:48 AM
Forwarded Peter my travel info.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 30th, 2014, 08:02:48 AM
Forwarded Peter my travel info.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 1st, 2014, 03:47:49 PM
I have an appt to renew my passport later this month :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 18th, 2014, 04:51:46 PM
I'm considering getting more ink during this :)

Charley
Jul 19th, 2014, 12:26:46 AM
And if you do, so will I.

Maybe like a band of text around my arm with the legal code for the Reinheitsgebot or something.

Captain Untouchable
Jul 20th, 2014, 07:21:00 PM
Or a cheat sheet up the inside of your arm to help you convert from imperial to metric.

Emelie Shadowstar
Jul 20th, 2014, 07:40:35 PM
Psh... You people and your metric system and it's logic. :|

...If it works out that we do something and I happen to be there I'll be down for getting something D: I've kinda developed an unhealthy addiction to ink lately. Gonna end up with sleeves if I'm not careful (oh noes)

Untaaura Verratoa
Jul 20th, 2014, 09:39:09 PM
Or a cheat sheet up the inside of your arm to help you convert from imperial to metric.

Pfft I'm a cook. I have an app for that shit.

Crusader
Jul 21st, 2014, 12:20:03 AM
Do you really want to get ink in a country where you do not speak the language. If you really do you should practice the following sentence:

Das hier ist ein schönes Bild (Show the picture of the Tatoo that you want) aber ich hätte am liebsten ein Arschgeweih bitte.

This is the picture I would prefer to have on my body please.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jul 21st, 2014, 12:00:02 PM
I think it'll be fine :) While this is my second time out of the country, it's the first time I can remember (1st birthday spent in the Philippines, so no memories to speak of).

What I'm thinking is really small and simple anyway, much like how the SWF ink is small and simple.

Dasquian Belargic
Jul 22nd, 2014, 03:21:02 PM
Peter, don't pretend like all Germans can't speak perfect English.

Captain Untouchable
Jul 24th, 2014, 05:53:42 PM
Do we have an itinerary for the week(ish) that I'm going to be there?

I am slowly amassing an exoskeleton of knee/ankle/etc braces to transform me into a badass velro space Mummy make sure I don't run into any mobility problems, and I want to make sure I've got the right gear for the kind of stuff we're likely to be doing. :)

Crusader
Aug 3rd, 2014, 07:45:24 AM
Hey guys please send me a PM again that includes your flight numbers so that I know at which terminal and gate I have to pick you up.

BTW I have updated arrival and departure times.

Callista
Aug 6th, 2014, 12:58:55 AM
Clearly I'm not a participant of these shenanigans, but darn if I'm not nearly just as excited for pictures and updates. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 7th, 2014, 08:02:18 PM
I'll be bringing Anakin's Race for Freedom for drunken readings :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 10th, 2014, 11:09:52 AM
Calling upon the elder gods, I ask that Mara make her presence known ^_^

Mara
Aug 10th, 2014, 11:19:05 AM
All present and accounted for.

And I'm more than happy to accommodate anyone who wants to drop by here. Have a house and a garden and there's plenty of space if no one minds the giant mess since I'm in the process of cleaning out what's left of the old owner and moving my own stuff in (or making it first).

Someone please fill me in on plans what's happening and where you'll all be and all that. I won't be able to meet anyone elsewhere since I'm stuck here, in the area, for this month, but I can definitely offer board and food and good company.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 10th, 2014, 11:26:15 AM
I know that myself and Chris are going to push heavily for the auto museum in Stuttgart; maybe we can make a two-three day excursion of it, and chill with you in the Black Forest? If you don't mind being a base of operations ^_^

Mara
Aug 10th, 2014, 11:31:19 AM
Totally don't mind. I'm on the edge of the northern Black Forest and it's pretty convenient to get around from here (you can look it up on Google, it's a place called Bad Liebenzell - or close to that, but that's the closest). This is really convenient timing, too, since I'm on my own from the 25th (before then my daughter's around), and I don't have to work so you can use my place as a base of operations no problem, and I can show you around.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Aug 10th, 2014, 12:16:59 PM
Even if it's just a lunch or dinner meet-up, I am totally down for some Mara-time :)

Morgan Evanar
Aug 10th, 2014, 05:40:31 PM
Oh wow.

Hi Mara.

Also I will see you all in a few days ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Mara
Aug 10th, 2014, 11:44:31 PM
Hi Chris!

Just lunch or dinner would be awesome too but seriously, come visit and stay a few days. All of you. You'd totally be making my year (and saving me from utter boredom as I'm not able to go on vacation this year and everyone else has fled the country).

Ilias Nytrau
Aug 10th, 2014, 11:51:44 PM
O______O

IREMEMBERYOU.

And I MISS YOU, MARA.

Pity I'm stuck in some beautiful corner of Canada. :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Aug 11th, 2014, 12:31:10 AM
Hey Mara :wave

Mara
Aug 11th, 2014, 03:15:42 AM
HI ALL!!!!