PDA

View Full Version : A Knight's Tale

Captain Untouchable
Sep 22nd, 2012, 03:22:58 PM
So, it seems like Ron Moore is working on a TV series based on A Knight's Tale, for ABC. (article (http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/a-knights-tale-battlestar-galacticas-ron-moore-adapting-movie-as-series-for-abc/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter))

I'm kinda conflicted about this. I absolutely loved A Knight's Tale: it had a great sense of humour, a cool style, and is generally an all-round good movie. I can see how a series version of this would work - the concept has a lot of scope in it, and it would be great to see more Canterbury Tales and what-not touched on and such like.

Part of me wonders how much of what made the movie awesome was the cast, though. Aside from the fact that Heath Ledger was fantastic, Paul Bettany was bloody brilliant as Chaucer as well. If they try and copy the movie too much, are we going to end up with someone doing a Bettany impression? Or, if they try and carve out their own take on the character... will they manage to keep the same charm that made the movie work?

Crusader
Sep 22nd, 2012, 06:02:42 PM
I am cool with this if the main character is called Ulrich von Lichtenstein from Gelderland again. Lichtenstein is close next to Austria and Geldern close to the border of the Netherlands but that's OK since in Eurotrip we have learned that Paris is basicaly the suburb of Berlin.

But back on topic: A knight's tale was a wonderfull movie and a smaller budget than you might think but this movie was an ensemble film and it only worked because of it's great casting: Heath Ledger, Alan Tudyk, Marc Addy and Paul Bettany.

I liked their spin on current popculture by putting even little details in the background like the London Eye and the Eiffeltower made out of wood.

So if they capture the atmosphere and humor if that movie and are able to find young acters that are able to get away with this cheesyness this might be great.

Dasquian Belargic
Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:29:49 AM
Is it wrong that I just want Joss Whedon to make this? I feel like he would do a great job. Joss Whedon, make all the TV series and films from now on please.

Captain Untouchable
Sep 23rd, 2012, 07:36:49 AM
Well, the original did have Alan Tudyk in it already, so it's half-way to being a Joss Whedon production already.

Crusader
Sep 24th, 2012, 05:37:27 PM
Now we need Nathen Fillion as the Black Prince!

Captain Untouchable
Sep 25th, 2012, 01:21:22 AM
^ That would totally work. :ohno