PDA

View Full Version : Busted Wheel

Tevit Ramastan
Sep 19th, 2012, 02:33:33 PM
Okay, so, Grognar's has stalled out to the point where I'm going to buck the thought of waiting for it to end, and instead just introduce Tevit to the Wheel.

Wheel, meet your newest, and furriest, all-purpose mechanic and engineer. Yes, he looks a lot like Hal. No, he's not half-mad like Hal. And yes, if it's broken or inefficient, he can probably fix it. And if it's not broken, he can still make it better.

Point is, we all break stuff, and the Alliance doesn't exactly have the pick of the litter when it comes to the ships they get to use, so things are going to go wrong, and that's where Tevit comes in. He doesn't have to follow any one main timeline, and if you've got an idea for someplace he should be, he can probably be there so that stories can happen. And when he's not working, he's generally a good guy to hang out with.

So, any thoughts on where he should turn up first? Anybody on the Wheel bored and want a bit of story to help jump-start things?

Seriously, let me know.

Droo
Sep 19th, 2012, 02:46:37 PM
What do you think about doing something similar to what Charley did with Vek Vek, and have Tevit bounce around the Wheel in a sequence of vignettes in which he is summoned to various characters around the fleet, asking "Please state the nature of the mechanical emergency."

Just a thought for you, since that was the impression that that was direction in which you were going when I read your post. In any case, I'd be happy to help out.

Tevit Ramastan
Sep 19th, 2012, 02:53:32 PM
Okay, that's a darn good idea for how to do this, so I think I'll get the ball rolling. Thread title will be "Busted Wheel," and it'll be in the Wheel sub-forum. I think Droo has first dibs, but if anyone else is interested, or if you've got some fun ideas, let me know here!

And, for the sake of things, Tevit and Hal wound up arriving at around the same time, though it doesn't matter who arrived first, for these vignettes.

Chrys Atreides
Sep 19th, 2012, 06:00:06 PM
Thank all the gods, another mechanic has arrived! I'll be sure to pop in so we can be properly introduced :)

Sen
Sep 19th, 2012, 07:34:01 PM
If I can get on board the Wheel Ill get on board this episode.

Wei Wu Wei
Sep 21st, 2012, 08:18:59 PM
I too wish to be a part of this. I think a certain antique Starfighter could use a tune up.

:)

By the way, I am already deep in love with that thread.

Tevit Ramastan
Sep 21st, 2012, 09:07:59 PM
Ha! Tevit and Wei would be hilarious to have happen! Once things wrap up with Loki, I'll give a holler here to let whoever's ready next jump in.

Chrys Atreides
Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:01:09 AM
Fabulous :D I'm already highly amused :D Can't wait to see more!

Tevit Ramastan
Oct 2nd, 2012, 10:32:08 AM
Well, looks like things are winding down between Tevit and Loki, there. I think Wei was the next person to suggest a scene idea, so I think we can get rolling on that shortly, here.

Still up for it, Wei?

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 4th, 2012, 08:20:28 AM
Am I! I've had the introductory post for Wei written since sometime last week!

Let me know when I'm clear to post, and I'll get it up there. :)

Tevit Ramastan
Oct 4th, 2012, 08:42:03 AM
All righty, Droo and I should be wrapping up the Loki scene today, I think. =)

Tevit Ramastan
Oct 4th, 2012, 02:39:53 PM
Okay, Wei, it's wide open for you, now! Have at it!