PDA

View Full Version : SW-Fans.net - 404 Not Found

Vince
Aug 27th, 2012, 01:59:06 PM
I've attempted this on Windows and Ubuntu.

When I try to load SW-Fans.net - the front page, and for further information this is what is displayed in the address bar: http://sw-fans.net/profile.php?do=dst - the browser flashes the page before going blank and showing this:

Not Found

The requested URL /profile.php was not found on this server.
<hr> <address>Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at sw-fans.net Port 80

</address>I have to clear the history and remove the cookies and enter the page logged out or access the site through another means, like going directly to the forums. I would update bookmarks and such, but I don't really use them anymore since my computer went belly up and I've been bouncing between my grandmother's mac and my father's windows laptop and using Ubuntu on my computer via the installation disc. On all of them the most accessible fans page is the front page, where I usually search through the "New Posts" link.

Karl Valten
Aug 27th, 2012, 03:57:39 PM
Same issues here.

I've had to shoe-horn in specific urls (as in specific threads or pages) to actually access the site.

Captain Untouchable
Aug 28th, 2012, 06:29:28 AM
Are you trying to access the page while logged in with an account, or is it when you come to the page as a guest?

It looks like a problem with Fans trying to turn on (or turn off) daylight savings time. I had a similar problem on my machine a while back: because it couldn't find the destination page, Fans never seemed to manage to successfully change my DST state. I think I fixed it by going into the control panel and jiggling around with the time zone settings in there: once Fans had realised DST was already switched on/off, it stopped trying to do it.

If you're after the New Posts link though Vince, don't forget the same link is up in the top menu bar, between "Calendar" and "Search" (or at least it is, on the Coruscant Nights theme). It took me five years to notice that was there. :uhoh

Vince
Aug 28th, 2012, 12:10:23 PM
Are you trying to access the page while logged in with an account, or is it when you come to the page as a guest?

It looks like a problem with Fans trying to turn on (or turn off) daylight savings time. I had a similar problem on my machine a while back: because it couldn't find the destination page, Fans never seemed to manage to successfully change my DST state. I think I fixed it by going into the control panel and jiggling around with the time zone settings in there: once Fans had realised DST was already switched on/off, it stopped trying to do it.

I did mention that I have to navigate to the front page - er, www.sw-fans.net (http://www.sw-fans.net) - logged out in order to see it. So it only happens when I'm logged in. I probably should have realized it meant daylight savings time when I saw dst at the end of the address.

I'll try that.

If you're after the New Posts link though Vince, don't forget the same link is up in the top menu bar, between "Calendar" and "Search" (or at least it is, on the Coruscant Nights theme). It took me five years to notice that was there. :uhoh

That's exactly the one I'm talking about, the link between "Calendar" and "Search"; logged out it's "Today's Posts".

TheHolo.Net
Aug 30th, 2012, 11:30:05 AM
There are some server side time issues which I need to address, that once done will hopefully resolve this.

Atreyu
Oct 8th, 2012, 05:19:16 AM
I've attempted this on Windows and Ubuntu.

When I try to load SW-Fans.net - the front page, and for further information this is what is displayed in the address bar: http://sw-fans.net/profile.php?do=dst - the browser flashes the page before going blank and showing this:

Not Found

The requested URL /profile.php was not found on this server.
<hr> <address>Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at sw-fans.net Port 80

</address>

I've begun having this same issue in the last day or so :\ - always happens when I try to load the frontpage. Accessing the forums directly seems to pose no problems.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 8th, 2012, 11:45:10 AM
Have a go now

Atreyu
Oct 8th, 2012, 05:28:56 PM
No problems now. Thanks. :)

Captain Untouchable
Nov 3rd, 2012, 03:19:28 AM
I was having this happen on my Captain Untouchable account (but not others) for the last couple of days. From the look of things, the Forums are trying to access www.sw-fans.net/profile.php in order to update the daylight savings stuff, whereas the profile page is actually stored at www.sw-fans.net/forum/profile.php - the directory is missing.

That said, now that I try and recreate the problem it seems to have fixed itself. I loaded up the profile page with the correct url... I guess that must've unconfused the forums or something. :uhoh