PDA

View Full Version : True Blood, Season 5

Rutabaga
Jun 9th, 2012, 12:41:31 PM
So the fifth season of True Blood premieres tomorrow night. Last season wasn't bad at all, but I felt it was their weakest season so far. As for the new season, it's become quite apparent that they've fully departed from the plotlines of the book series, so it seems as if I'm as much in the dark about what's going to happen as are those who haven't read any of the books.

I'm also somewhat upset with TV Guide, which totally blew a major spoiler for the season premiere in their current issue. The piece of info was basically what I was expecting would happen, but I still wish I could have found out via watching the show rather than reading it in a dumb magazine.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to the new season, and I'm especially intrigued by 1) the return of King Russell!!!!, 2) vampire Steve Newlin and 3) Christopher Meloni's character. So I will eagerly be tuning in tomorrow night.

Now, as always, remember to...

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb164/Rutabaga64/animated%20gifs/tipyourwaitress.gif

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 9th, 2012, 01:06:28 PM
I'm quite excited for this! I'm also not surprised they that diverted from the books. It was only a matter of time really since the show has become an alternate reality for the books :) Long as it stays true to what they've established, I'm good with it.

it also makes me happy that it's Games of Thrones followed by True Blood on HBO... it's like something wonderful comes every week on Sunday during their airing :ohno Once the game is over, we get vampire delights!

Rutabaga
Jun 10th, 2012, 08:17:06 PM
Last season, the first episode was really pretty weak, especially the first 10 minutes or so. It was quite a while before it recovered from the wobbly start as far as I was concerned.

This season, it's a totally different story. Tonight's first episode was really strong and entertaining, I enjoyed every minute of it. And I can't wait to see more! :eee