PDA

View Full Version : Settings old and new...

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 9th, 2012, 06:52:47 AM
Although we have gone through cycles, in the past, of which General RP setting is the most popular, there has generally (:lol) always been at least one setting which has seen plenty of activity... World of Darkness at first, and then later Mutants Unite. Are there any other settings that you'd like to see revived? Or any new scenarios that you've been thinking would be cool to RP in?

Maybe flicking through this forum will remind you of some ideas that you've forgotten about :) Like those in the "Let's do some non-SW RPing! (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14248)" thread :D

Droo
Jun 11th, 2012, 06:11:34 AM
Since I missed it the first time around, and now that I've clocked a few hundred hours of gameplay under my belt, I'd love to have some fun in the Fallout universe. I've mentioned it to a few people and the interest is definately there. It's such a rich and colourful world populated by barking mad people. For those who are curious, here's the original Fallout: New Reno planning thread:

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21922

Bobby Blue
Jun 11th, 2012, 10:50:26 AM
Shouldn't be too hard to light a fire under our collective asses!

Dreams When Bitten
Jun 11th, 2012, 12:50:20 PM
If we do this, I think we ought not to make a big party thread like we did last time. Instead, let's do small threads and get our feet under us before trying a big thing

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 11th, 2012, 01:10:18 PM
^ a good idea

Captain Untouchable
Jun 11th, 2012, 01:38:35 PM
I've actually played Fallout now, so I'll be in a much better position to chip in.

Wasn't the point to do something different from our usual style of roleplay, with Charley acting as a DM of sorts? I'm all for making sure that the setting stays active... but the idea of telling a solid, cohesive story that we weren't necessarily in control of was a big part of the initial appeal.

It'd be a shame to abandon that idea, just so that we can be fanboys.

Or fangirls.

Fanpeople?

Fan Officers?

Droo
Jun 11th, 2012, 06:23:12 PM
I'm not really arsed either way, to be honest. It's easy enough to be purely creative in an environment like that without the intervention of a GM, but, having said that, in the spirit of the Wild Wasteland, I'm more than happy for someone to ocassionally throw a wacky spanner in the works.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 12th, 2012, 10:53:54 AM
We could probably do a bit of both, see what works best :)

Chirp
Jun 12th, 2012, 11:59:41 AM
Chirp chirps again!?

Chirptastic!

Zereth Lancer
Jun 16th, 2012, 10:10:26 AM
I would love to see some good old fantasy played out. I know we did the Myth thing, but I could not make heads or tails of the whole thing. Obviously creating a world from scratch as is usually required for fantasy is quite a bit harder than using a pre-set world like Fallout. I've tried my hand at playing, and creating, a few fantasy boards and getting members has always been the hardest part. Not creating the world. I don't know what the full extent of the Myth roleplay was, but we could always pull from a pre-existing fantasy realm like Dungeons and Dragons as the source material and just play within the world. Doesn't have to be anything too serious.

Peter McCoy
Jun 22nd, 2012, 06:43:32 AM
There's plenty of info freely available online through various wiki's. The three fantasy settings I'm most familiar with are Middle Earth, Azeroth and the Old World (Warhammer) All three are pretty similar since WH plundered LOTR and then WoW plundered WH.

If anybody ever wa sinterested, I'd still love to do some roleplaying in the Aliens setting - a big evil greedy corporation sacrificing anybody they have to just to get their hands on the eponymous aliens and their secrets. You can be one of the good guys, caught in the middle without a clue or perhaps familiar with the Company and thus trying to stop them attaining their evil goals, or you can be one of the bad guys - a Company man with his own agenda and delusions of grandeur (had to say that, this is a Star Wars forum!). Again, there's loads of background info online about characters, companies, events, tech etc if anybody wanted to get stuck in.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 22nd, 2012, 09:38:25 AM
Myth was loads of fun, and I miss writing it.

I miss Justice too. That setting was really more of a spur of the moment thing that Liz and I threw together, and with the help of a few other folks it started to take shape. Sadly it died prematurely :(

Zeke
Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:11:27 PM
Could someone explain what, exactly, the Myth setting entailed? I had wanted to make a character or two for it, but wasn't sure what precisely we were or were not allowing.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 22nd, 2012, 01:43:58 PM
Everything that we made up about Myth is on the wiki, I think. It wasn't too complex, but if there's anything that doesn't make sense just post here and we can explains.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2012, 02:36:29 PM
Myth was loads of fun, and I miss writing it.

I miss Justice too. That setting was really more of a spur of the moment thing that Liz and I threw together, and with the help of a few other folks it started to take shape. Sadly it died prematurely :(
I think I'm still waiting on you to post in our Justice RP. ;)

Genesis
Jun 22nd, 2012, 02:53:02 PM
I also particularly enjoyed the Apocalypse setting! It barely got started though... but if Charley wanted to continue our thread I wouldn't say no!

Atreyu
Jun 22nd, 2012, 06:57:01 PM
What was the Justice RP? I don't recall it ...

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 22nd, 2012, 07:57:07 PM
It was a western RP, centered around the small wild west town of Justice. :)

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 22nd, 2012, 10:18:28 PM
To be honest, Apocalypse and Justice are both pretty much good lead-ins to fallout, so that way you kinda get both of those experiences, if that floats your boat :)

Atreyu
Jun 23rd, 2012, 01:06:14 AM
It was a western RP, centered around the small wild west town of Justice. :)
Ah, now I remember it. Just didn't know the Wild West RP universe had a proper name. Ta. :)