PDA

View Full Version : Hey all you Texans...

Karl Valten
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:15:26 PM
...how the fuck do you live in this state? Seriously, I've been here one day and I want to shoot the weather in the face!

Too Hot.
Too Humid.
Too much Oxygen at this elevation.

For those of you that don't know, I just moved to Fort Worth for the summer to work at Lockheed Martin.

In other new I already got trashed at one of the bars, made a few new drinking buddies, got information on the best place to buy beer as well as a list of bars/breweries to go drinking at, etc. Not bad for one night in town.

Still don't have internets, I'm sitting at starbucks trying to escape the outside. I'm giving everyone that opens the door a death-glare.....

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:18:26 PM
You'll adjust to the humidity and heat, it'll just take a week or so. You'll survive!

Karl Valten
Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:25:18 PM
Not unless I kill it first!

Darth Turbogeek
Jun 3rd, 2012, 06:45:31 PM
Texas?? Call THAT heat and humidity? Barely a decent spring day!

Halajiin Rabeak
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:40:33 PM
Dude, this is still Spring. Just WAIT until Summer actually rolls around. And if you really want to die of humidity, go to Houston in mid-August.

Seriously, today's weather was beautiful and mild, here in Fort Worth.

I'd offer to come hang out, but sadly this is pre-convention super-brain-panic week for me, and I've got far less free time than I actually need to get all my work done before I blast off to Ohio, and then Pittsburgh in another Mongoose Ink Racing speed endurance challenge.

Charley
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:10:55 PM
Sweet tea helps. Or mint juleps. Or mixing those two things together.

I don't even run my AC unless the temp creeps over 80 in the house.

Callista
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:27:20 AM
They say last summer was the worst summer Texas has ever had. It was my first. Honestly I don't think I minded. I love the heat and humidity! :)

I'll be in Denver for 10 days starting next week. So excited to go hiking!! Though, I imagine the thin air is going to be a rude reawakening.

Halajiin Rabeak
Jun 6th, 2012, 01:47:37 PM
Heh, this summer is supposed to be worse than last summer, and because it didn't actually get cold at all, this winter, none of the bugs died off, so mosquitos are going to be a nightmare, here, this year.

Karl Valten
Jun 7th, 2012, 06:08:50 PM
Just got internet up and running!

I'm living in the Ridglea Hills area right near 183 and Bryant Irvin.

Callista
Jun 7th, 2012, 09:38:05 PM
whoohoo! you are an hour from me

Halajiin Rabeak
Jun 8th, 2012, 07:42:33 AM
And about fifteen or twenty minutes from me.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jun 8th, 2012, 03:41:08 PM
You guys can all get together and do texas stuff like eat brisket, drink shiner, and, uh, uh, engage in sodomy or something.

Karl Valten
Jun 9th, 2012, 08:31:35 AM
And now that I'm somewhat settled into my place in Texas, I'm jetting off to Florida for a week.

I'll be presenting a paper at a NASA conference with my team in a competition. Hoping to win it for some hefty cash and a publication!

Paper Title: Design and Implementation of a Long-Term Sustainable Lunar Habitat

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 9th, 2012, 09:04:16 AM
You're working on Newt Gingrich's moon base?!

Karl Valten
Jun 9th, 2012, 10:25:20 AM
Naw, we're looking at a 35-year build up plan and actually know what we're talking about.

Granted it's still probably not going to happen....costs waaaaaaaaay too much.