PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars 1313

Dasquian Belargic
May 29th, 2012, 02:29:27 PM
Spike TV is set to screen a premiere of new gameplay footage from the title during a live E3 show on June 4. GTTV will also be hosting a teaser trailer in a pre-E3 show on May 31.

It's getting referred to as the "newest franchise" in the Star Wars Universe, which makes me wonder if it's a totally new title, instead of just a new Battlefront or Force Unleashed game.

Korax
May 29th, 2012, 02:35:25 PM
bountyhuntering me thinks

Dasquian Belargic
May 29th, 2012, 03:15:23 PM
Third-person action game like the 2002 bounty hunter title, or something else?

Tukphen
May 29th, 2012, 03:51:19 PM
Fingers crossed for Grand Theft Hutta.

Hookers in metal bikinis, stealing landspeeders, and if you get enough stars with the police they send an AT-AT after you.

Kyran O'Hurn
May 29th, 2012, 06:22:23 PM
it won't be, because I don't think it would sell, but I would love to see a remake of the X-wing and/or TIE Fighter games.

Sheldon Esalis
May 29th, 2012, 07:16:12 PM
I'd love a Han Solo game. I want to be a scoundrel

Crusader
May 30th, 2012, 02:16:35 AM
SW:TOR OFFLINE? Experience all the fun you had online with your friends alone as well.

Bounty Hunter game as a tie in for the Live Action Series sounds like a good idea.

A new Battlefront would be possible since it was already in development 2 times before at two different companies.

A new Jedi Knight would be great but unlikely.

Since the fifth season of clone wars was supposed to be the last one a "big" tie in game for this franchise wouldn't be unlikely as well.

It would be epic if they did something like a Rebel Assault HD that would let you play through all 6 movies.

In the end it will all come down to a new FPS or a GOD of WAR Clone. I don't expect them to do a new space sim, a RPG or a Sandbox game although Red Dead Rebellion would be an epic title.

Korax
May 30th, 2012, 01:30:00 PM
My guess would be 3rd person action game. Since I keep seeing 'NEW IP' I don't think it'll have anything to do with battlefront or jedi knight. (let's not talk about jedi academy *hsssssssssssssssss* :/)

Boba escapes the rancor?

and can we please be done with the clone wars already?

Peter McCoy
May 30th, 2012, 05:28:07 PM
It could be a remake of the original game mechanics of Star Wars: Galaxies but with modern graphics and even bigge rplanets, more freedom, more professions...

Wow! I just woke up, WTF, was I talking in my sleep!?!?

Korax
May 31st, 2012, 11:25:10 AM
and of course by rancor I mean sarlacc. *headdesk*

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 1st, 2012, 01:54:06 AM
http://nerdreactor.com/2012/05/31/new-star-wars-1313-game-leaked-before-e3/

The game is set to be a 3rd-person action/adventure game that takes place on a sub-level metropolis called Level 1313 on the planet Coruscant. Players will be unraveling a criminal conspiracy that has spread throughout the underworld of the planet. There will be no Force powers, so your character will be utilizing gadgets and human skills. There will also be a cover system, which might mirror Gears of War, and have platforming gameplay as well as playable cinematics.

Anne Phoenix
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:11:42 AM
Too bad, I was looking forward to a new RTS. Star Wars: Total War or Star Wars: Wings of War would be awesome IMO.

Crusader
Jun 1st, 2012, 02:41:16 AM
Playing a Power Spec Bounty Hunter in Coruscant with twitchy controls... sign me up but if Julio Torres produces this game count me out.

Korax
Jun 1st, 2012, 05:57:05 AM
Bet this ties in with Drew's new book somehow. Kinda figured this was the way things were going, kinda like it! Sooooo we're a smuggler/operative? :p

Crusader
Jun 1st, 2012, 06:33:15 AM
Another cool thing is that it is a collaboration of Lucas Arts and Lucasfilm Animation(The guys behind "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"). Since I consider the Clone Wars as the best thing connected to SW since 1997 I consider this as good news. Now they need to confirm that Dave Filoni is co producer and writer on this one and that Julio Torres is not allowed to work on this.

Droo
Jun 1st, 2012, 10:35:44 AM
I wonder if this will be a kind of Deux Ex: Human Revolution. I'd like that and I like the emphasis on it being a "mature" game. Surely they can afford the risk now, most of their core audience, even from the prequels are old enough to play a mature game.

Ben Merasska
Jun 1st, 2012, 11:24:38 AM
I'm loving the music on the website, though it stops playing when I leave the tab.

Morgan Evanar
Jun 1st, 2012, 08:37:53 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/article/74066/star-wars-1313-announced

Star Wars 1313 announced
by Andrew Yoon, May 31, 2012 11:00pm PDT