PDA

View Full Version : The Tenant in 9D

Captain Hekimi
May 27th, 2012, 05:16:57 PM
No one would ever accuse the Whaladon of being a pretty ship. It was dirty, it was beat up, and it made funny noises at odd times.

All of these descriptions, coincidentally, also described her captain.

There was nothing of note about Captain Hekimi other than the fact the Toydarian commanded the ship that was home to most of the surviving jedi in the galaxy. Those the Empire hadn't found first, at least.

At this moment, he was fluttering about his office. The room was a cacaphony of visual stimulation. It wasn't dirty, per se, but it was extremely cluttered. Captain Hekimi was a notorious collector and had a habit of accumulating various mementos, tchotchkes, geegaws, and other assorted baubles from the planets he'd visited over the years, before and after joining the Rebel Alliance.

His ship had been in the right place at the right time and had the right capabilities to be chosen as the home for the fledgling Jedi Order. At first, they had only been a handful, easily stowed away in the aft of the ship. His crew paid them little mind and they, for the most part, stayed out of the way.

As the years progressed, the two groups had grown more close, partially out of familiarity and the desire for friendship and partially out of necessity. For his part, Captain Hekimi had done his best to ingratiate himself with the force users. They were given generous access to the ship, allowed free reign in many areas most other passengers would be barred from, such as the engineering areas and the bridge. They were allowed to come and go as they pleased, within the boundaries set by the Alliance command. Captain Hekimi allowed them unfettered use of the cargo shuttles to travel to the various ships in the convoy, even if the higher-ups restricted travel outside of the Wheel. Not normally an overly generous man, he and his officers had once even pooled together to purchase for the jedi several barrels of a not inexpensive spiced ale one Life Day. The jedi, in turn, treated his men with respect and didn't make too big a mess of themselves. There were occasional twisted bulkheads and dinged-up cargo holds to deal with, but in truth, it was no worse than could be expected from a malfunctioing binary load lifter (of which the Whaladon had a few).

Since they had originally began living on the Whaladon, however, the number of Jedi had exploded and had, truth be told, grown out of their original dwelling area quite a while ago. It was this topic that he meant to discuss with the jedi master whom we was now expecting any minute.

Daria Nytherciria
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:20:02 PM
A soft chime rang inside the meditation room. Daria lifted her head as she eased herself out of the trance she had slipped into. As she blinked away the last vestiges of her introspection, the chime rang again. The alarm was set to go off a short while before her scheduled meeting with the Captain of the Whaladon, and then again every five minutes it was not disabled. She exhaled a long breath and reached out, deactivating it.

It was a short walk from the Jedi meditation rooms to the Captain's office, but it was enough time for the Jedi Knight to gather her thoughts and centre them onto the meeting. Meditation was supposed to clear her mind, but instead it had sent her thoughts off into a web-work of concerns, shadows falling over every path that she tried to perceive.

Within a matter of moments, she reached the door to the Captain's office and knocked. An invitation was called out from within and Daria felt for the doorknob. The door creaked shut behind Daria as she cast her senses out ahead of her, seeing a snapshot of the Captain's office through the Force: the layout of the room, the placement of the furniture and where the Captain himself stood.

Daria reoriented herself to face Captain Hekimi, offering him a dip of her head in greeting, and respect. She had come dressed as she felt appropriate to such a meeting, in a grey Jedi tunic that was fashioned much in the style of the Order as it had once been. Her red hair was pulled back into a ponytail. Her lightsaber hung from a clip on her belt. As always, her manner was cool yet polite.

“Captain. You wanted to speak with me.”

Captain Hekimi
Jun 10th, 2012, 11:44:04 PM
He was examining some knick-knacks when she entered, carefully wiping the dust from an ancient Chandrillian statue.

“Captain. You wanted to speak with me.”

He hopped lightly into the air. Wings fluttering, he pirouetted to meet his guest. It was the blind one.

"Ah, yes, yes, Master Daria. Please, have seat."

He gestured at the chair on the opposite side of his desk, currently being occupied by a stuffed momong. Gently, Captain Hekimi touched down in his own chair.

"We need to speak about your jedi."

Daria Nytherciria
Jun 17th, 2012, 03:35:33 AM
“They are not...”

Daria began, the words 'my Jedi' moments away from her lips, but she hesitated. That was no strictly true. In the eyes of the Alliance, the Council were in charge of the Jedi. The reality was not quite so simple.

Daria felt for the chair that she'd seen opposite the captain. It was a familiar process, one that came so natural to her that it did not appear as if she were groping blindly for her way. Without a glance towards it, she picked up the seats current occupant – a stuffed monkey – and sat it down on the edge of the captains desk, before sitting neatly down.

Opting for a more diplomatic tack, she went on, after barely a beat had passed:

“...proving an inconvenience to you in any way, I hope?”

Captain Hekimi
Oct 12th, 2012, 11:45:35 AM
Captain Hekim was continually impressed by how the woman was able to move as effortlessly as she did. Whether it was because of the force or because her other senses were so keen made no difference - either way, it made it easier to forget her handicap. She had heard his deadpan delivery, but had not seen the smile on his face.

The Captain chuckled gregariously.

"Nonsense! You and your jedi are some of the most important cargo in the galaxy. Without you, I'd just be another freighter captain hauling bulk ore or some other crap."

"Oh, my manners. Something to drink, perhaps?" He fluttered to a crowded cabinet, extracting a crystal decantur filled with a pale pink liquid. "Kinzorian elderberry wine," he rambled on, filling two glasses without waiting for an answer, "hard to get these days. But well worth the price I paid for it." Returning to his seat, he placed one of the glasses before his guest before downing his own with one long swallow.

"Now, your jedi, when we first began this partnership, there were only a handful of you. It was easy enough to fit you into the crew quarters in the ass of this ship with little impact on the rest of my crew. However, you will agree with me that times have changed, yes? You are certainly more than just a handful now."