PDA

View Full Version : Atravis Sector

Anne Phoenix
May 26th, 2012, 07:46:23 PM
Mustafar and Tempest Base are both located within the Atravis Sector, where a number of high profile massacres have occured by the Empire in the past. There aren't any really high profile planets located within this Sector, so talking about liberating a bunch of minor worlds following the defeat at Corellia may tie in with this.

Co-Current with that however, with Sullust out of action, it will fall to Mustafar and Sluis Van for new construction and refitting for the 4th Fleet. I was planning, while operations were going at Duro, to be repairing and salvaging most of the vessels destroyed but left largely intact in orbit around Sullust. In addition, I'd like to establish a more powerful defense fleet (Task Force 49) to permenantly guard Mustafar and Tempest Base, and maybe eventually whatever gets liberated in the rest of the Atravis Sector.

As far as salvage goes, I think in addition to repairing heavily damaged ships, that we should be able to bring back into service a Dauntless, an Imperial Star Destroyer, a couple of Dreadnoughts, a Strike Cruiser or two, and maybe two or three Carracks and a couple of CR90's/DP20's. The Star Destroyer and Strike Cruisers would be too useful for offensive operations to leave on the back burner, but I was hoping to requisition the Dauntless and Dreadnoughts for use in the Defense Fleet.

Tukphen
May 26th, 2012, 10:07:33 PM
Task Forces are numbered sequentially, so we're a long way from Task Force 49.

40 and 41 are at Sullust and Sluis Van. I was under the impression that either 43 or 44 was your personal fleeting group, with the other number being for Mustafar defense.

If there is no Mustafar defense... we might want to add a Clak'dor Task Force, in which case Mustafar would be 45 at the highest.

Aside from the fact that going after territory in Atravis risks drawing attention to Mustafar, I don't see a problem with liberating stuff. Make sure you check the forums for the planets though: I think some stuff in Atravis was used recently, so there may be stuff established about them.

Anne Phoenix
May 26th, 2012, 10:31:23 PM
Right now the ships assigned to defend Tempest Base and Mustafar consist of an MC40a, 2 CR90's, and about a dozen squadrons of starfighters, 1 X-wing and 11 A-wing.

Eventually I'd like to refit an old MC80, and with that, a Dauntless, a few medium sized ships (Dreadnoughts, etc) plus a few frigates and a dozen or so DP20's and CR90's to serve as an adequate defense force, plus purchase three dozen B-wings from the Verpines (in exchange for say, high grade ore shipments from Mustafar?).

Tukphen
May 26th, 2012, 11:00:46 PM
In that case then, we'd probably create Task Force 44 to defend Clak'dor, and 45 for Mustafar. Assuming that Phoenix' force (yay pun) is Task Force 43?

The new task force might coincide with some of Sullust's industry moving to Mustafar.

Would you need to buy B-Wings? Engineers from S&K moved to Dac: B-Wings are being built at the Mon Cal Yards.

Reshmar
May 26th, 2012, 11:04:59 PM
The Next Task Force in 4th fleet would be Task Force 43. If Phoenix wast 44 then 43 can be a patrol force until it is assigned to the Colu system and Task Force 44 Can be Pheonix's Force.

Anne Phoenix
May 26th, 2012, 11:05:22 PM
Might be quicker and easier. Most of the B-wing production line at Mon Calamari could and should be going into fleets to conduct offensive operations.

I had been planning to give most of the ships in Task Force Tempest to other players for use in Duro and Corellia, but if they won't take them, then I may use them in the Liberation of the Atravis Sector, which would run co-current to Duro (as it probably should in order to liberate more planets at a quicker pace that some seem to desire).

Tukphen
May 26th, 2012, 11:16:40 PM
If you want to disband Tempest that's your prerogative: redistributing the resources to help defend Sullust et al makes sense.

There's no need for stuff to happen concurrently with Duro: just as long as it isn't two years before we next liberate something. :mneh

Reshmar
May 26th, 2012, 11:38:00 PM
The Imperial Are not going to want to give up Heriston.

Reshmar
May 27th, 2012, 12:29:12 AM
Actually we can pull the same stunt the imperials did. Pheonix can lead her battlegroup to Heriston and pull a hit and run attack. Let the Imp thank, hey they are retaliating as we thought. Its close by and is a good target. I dont think they would send help. There would be a small group there defending the Imperial Drydocks. If they did call for help it would be from the sector fleet not Duro but I am sure the MOff on the corellian sector would hear about it.

Anne Phoenix
May 27th, 2012, 02:07:29 AM
The Atravis Sector won't be taken in a single battle. Rather it'll have to be a campaign, lasting probably at least a month in our timeline. Heriston, and Atravis are the two primary worlds that I've located where elements of the Sector Fleet would be located. I have my doubts that a powerful fleet will be located within this Sector, considering Heriston is about the only thing of value left to the Empire.

We would start by taking a few of the minor planets that suffered massacres. Defeating the local garrisons will be easy, and recruits can be had to bolster our ground forces in the Sector. After that, while the Ground Forces are training up, hit and fade attacks will be run against trade in the Hydian Way. The local Sector Fleet will be forced to respond, and we can lure out segements of the Fleet and destroy it.

Once the training has been well enough completed, the final assault against Atravis can commence. Once the planet has been taken, Heriston should be full of damaged ships but still cut off from reinforcement. A follow up assault there to disable the Golan stations and eliminate the Starfighter opposition should yield the capture of the drydock and repair station, plus a few damaged Imperial vessels ripe for the taking.