PDA

View Full Version : House Moving = Incommunicado

Captain Untouchable
May 9th, 2012, 02:48:10 PM
At some point on Friday, my PC will be getting put in a box, and shipped off to my new place in London. At this point however, I have absolutely no idea how long it will be until I get internet access again. It could be a matter of days or, more likely, weeks: people need to come and drill holes in the walls for the cables and such like, and they always take ages to do that.

I do have some limited capacity to get online via wireless internet, but I'm on a very small, very fixed income and I can't risk exceeding my monthly allowance... so I won't be online anywhere near as much as I normally am.

I realise that this is going to put certain things on hold for a little while - I'm really sorry about that. All I can ask is that you be a little patient and bear with me, and I'll post as and when I can.

Taataani Meorrrei
May 9th, 2012, 02:52:04 PM
Well that just means you have to be a posting bitch from now until Friday!

Hope everything goes well with the move, mate

Serena Laran
May 9th, 2012, 02:54:24 PM
Good luck with the move, I hope it all goes smoothly and you're back among us sooner than later. :):thumbup

Kara Hawkins
May 9th, 2012, 06:13:04 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooo....ok.

:D good luck with the move!

Captain Untouchable
May 14th, 2012, 01:52:03 AM
I am in the house!

The sofa, the beds, and the fridge aren't mind. Bloody Argos. :shakefist

This place is bloody awesome. I'm in St Paul's Cray, which is on the River Cray (nothing to do with Crayfish)... one of the tributaries of the Thames. If I look out my window I can see the park across the road (which has ducks and geese!), and just round the corner there's an epic rural British pub.

It's like being in a little Lincolnshire village like where I grew up, only I'm a 10-minute bus ride from anything I'd possibly need, and a half-hour train ride or so from the centre of London.

Today is a bit grey and overcast, but I'll snap some photos of the area when it's nicer (and the house, when there are fewer boxes!)

I'll be checking in on Fans a couple of times a day, and either tossing out quick posts, or taking notes so I can write stuff offline and pump it all out in one go. It would make life a hell of a lot easier / quicker / more efficient though if you guys could use this thread to nudge me about stuff, so that I don't have to spend so long browsing about.

It'd be good if you could leave a little note about what the hell I'm meant to be doing (I'm looking at you, Charley ;)), since I won't be around to "Huh?" at you on AIM as much as usual.

Captain Untouchable
May 22nd, 2012, 04:51:57 PM
You know how in Star Trek: Generations, everything on the Enterprise-B won't arrive until Tuesday?

My internet is arriving on Tuesday.

So is the sofa.

And the new bins from the Council.

And the bookshelves.

And the medical staff.

:uhoh

Siyndacha Aerin
May 22nd, 2012, 07:19:51 PM
So is the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.:lol

That being said, glad to hear your internet is finally arriving! :eee

Loklorien s'Ilancy
May 22nd, 2012, 08:32:04 PM
Yay!! Can't wait to have you fully operational again :D

Tukphen
May 30th, 2012, 07:24:58 AM
The cock from BT Openreach refused to do the install yesterday.

Thanks to some triumphant faux accent flirting with the cute-sounding Scottish lady from Virgin however, I've managed to set Take 2 up next Wednesday (it would have been sooner, but Monday and Tuesday are bank holidays).

Fingers crossed. >_<

Sheldon Esalis
May 30th, 2012, 09:37:45 AM
Lemme know if I need to make some trans-Atlantic calls for you

Captain Untouchable
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:20:53 AM
Holy shitballs, I have internet.

I -

I have -

I HAVE INTERNET!

:eee :eee :eee :eee :eee

:dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 6th, 2012, 02:24:27 AM
Welcome back to the 21st century!

Atreyu
Jun 6th, 2012, 06:00:43 AM
I HAVE INTERNET!

http://www.toknowthyself.com/picts/God2-Sistine_Chapel.png

... and it was good.

Taataani Meorrrei
Jun 6th, 2012, 12:24:13 PM
Holy shitballs, I have internet.

I -

I have -

I HAVE INTERNET!

:eee :eee :eee :eee :eee

:dance :dance :dance :dance :dance

Get to work, bitch!

Captain Untouchable
Jun 6th, 2012, 04:41:05 PM
It would make life a hell of a lot easier / quicker / more efficient though if you guys could use this thread to nudge me about stuff, so that I don't have to spend so long browsing about.

It'd be good if you could leave a little note about what the hell I'm meant to be doing (I'm looking at you, Charley ;)), since I won't be around to "Huh?" at you on AIM as much as usual.

Since no one did, Mr Hicks, I wash my hands of all requirement and responsibility. :colbert

:mneh

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 6th, 2012, 11:12:57 PM
Touché little man.

If you can start with a dash of Regan posts in Micromanagement, Ours is not to Question Why, and the thread with him & Porter, that would be good.

Oh also Amos.

I'd also like to do something with Zem & Vansen and possibly also a Taataani & Vansen thing.

Glayde's also up in Night, Walkers, and the thread where Mara's getting ready to go into the Untamed thread.

Also I want a pony.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 7th, 2012, 01:57:37 AM
Machinations of Fate, please :D

Ecidae Mandrill
Jun 7th, 2012, 08:13:21 PM
If you can start with a dash of Regan posts in Micromanagement, Ours is not to Question Why

What am I meant to be doing in either of these? I'm not sure if I'm meant to be ending Micromanagement, segueing into another scene, or what ...and I didn't realise / don't remember being involved with Question, so you'll have to give me a clue on that.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 7th, 2012, 09:04:55 PM
I just re-read micromanagement and there's not an organic segue for Regan, so I'll drop a Cirr post in there to play off of.

Question, basically what I have in mind is that Cirr needs Regan to keep the Cizerack Engineer the hell away from all of their delightful tech, and stick to rendering the "aid" they claim they're giving. He can't babysit her because he's got other Captain-ey things to do, but he can't very well give her a long leash because she is not to be trusted.

Tukphen
Jun 7th, 2012, 09:40:52 PM
It's not a lack of an organic segue... I just can't segue unless I know what I'm supposed to be segueing too. I cannae segue without coordinates, Cap'n!

I'm sure I can cope with Tink running around and yelling at people to keep their hands off his bloody engine, though. I'll take a look later.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jun 7th, 2012, 11:59:38 PM
Goodness there's a list, heh.

Definitely 'Old Dogs', since we need to get things rolling with that.

I'm still up in 'Nothing Ventured', so don't worry on that front. I'm kicking my own tucus into gear tomorrow.

'New Tricks' needs some attentions, if you know what I mean.

'Meanwhile, On The Novgorod' is waiting for some destructive shenanigans.

That's all I think. I may have to get back to you in the future, heh.