PDA

View Full Version : Focus Roleplayer of the Month?

Captain Untouchable
May 5th, 2012, 03:44:43 PM
Another news / wiki / front page idea. We're currently showcasing particular characters and particular threads, but we aren't showcasing particular writers.

This is a shame I think, because when you take a step back and look at particular people, it's pretty staggering to think that the hijinks of Wyl Staedtler are written by the same person who writes the graceful poetry of Chartis; or that the scatterbrained antics of Jim Lewinski come from the same mind as the totally opposite Abarai Loki.

I don't know what format would be best for this. An interview? A mini bio on the wiki (maybe on people's "x plays y" templates)? Both? Neither? Should it be nominated? Alphabetical? Based on who is currently active? In order of shoe size?

Nothing too intimate, and it doesn't need to be entirely serious: stuff like "Five things you probably know about {name}" followed by "Five things you probably don't know about {name}" might be fun. And while some of us know each other particularly well... others don't, and new people certainly don't.

Just a thought at this point. Input away! :)

Salem Ave
May 5th, 2012, 03:54:16 PM
Estelle (as Dakota) used to just pick someone at random herself and interview them. Admittedly this was as a particular character, but you could apply the same system to this. Personally, I would have a hard time nominating any one individual RPer for a particular month, since especially right now we have whole handfuls of people kicking ass at once. Whoever is writing the feature could just pick the RPer they want to write about / interview, and go for it :)

Alternatively, use some kind of elaborate dice system in which the d20 and d6 are used to generate letters of the alphabet, until you finally have enough letters to spell a posters name! (not really!)

I think I'd vote for this just being a frontpage thing, rather than specifically on the wiki. But that's just my preference.

Lilaena De'Ville
May 5th, 2012, 04:51:21 PM
I think it's a great idea to bring back the interviews. I'm leaning with Jenny on this one, to have it be more random than a nomination thing, and to be on the frontpage. :)

Zeke
May 5th, 2012, 07:58:25 PM
Random pick works best to my mind. Though I worry this feature may not last more than a year; I can only name 12 or so distinct roleplayers on the forum. >.> Maybe it should be a more general user interview, to grab those loveable rogues up in the Boxoffice and General Discussion?

Dasquian Belargic
May 6th, 2012, 01:34:51 AM
It would be miraculous if we managed to keep this going for anywhere near a year :lol

Captain Untouchable
May 6th, 2012, 06:28:40 AM
I've just noticed that I can sort the member list by join date. Perhaps I should just run through people in chronological order? I can start with currently active roleplayers, and can cycle back to OOC posters later on if we need to.

Assuming one a month, starting this month, the order would thus be -

May - Chris
June - Dani
July - Charley
August - Holly
September - Jenny
October - Razzy
November - Christin
December - Peter

Ironically, that means we focus on Christmas at Christmas! :eee

Would you guys all be happy to be focused on in those particular months?

The easiest option is probably to have some stock questions, so you guys know in advance what you're getting asked and can PM the answers as and when. Some possible questions (please suggest more!) -

- Who are you? (If you go by a nickname, where does it come from?)
- Where are you from?
- What do you do?
- Five things people probably know about you...
- Five things people probably don't know about you...
- How did you find Fans?
- Who is your favourite character (that you write)? Why?
- What is your fondest roleplaying memory?
- What is your most embarassing roleplaying memory?

Sanya Tagge
May 6th, 2012, 06:49:40 AM
Looks like a nifty schedule! Halloween Razzy and Christmas Peter seem particularly apt ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
May 6th, 2012, 09:46:27 AM
Looks like a good plan to me :):thumbup

It's funny - most of our join times are probably separated by minutes after the move from ezboard. :D

edit: Are we still going to do this? I was thinking about helping out but I don't want to step on your toes, Jace, as it's your idea. Just let me know.

Dasquian Belargic
Jun 3rd, 2012, 12:46:24 AM
I would guess that Jace's current lack of internets at his house has caused a little delay in this.

Captain Untouchable
Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:43:51 AM
That would be why, yes. I haven't had any confirmations from people saying they're willing to be involved either, and I've not really had the net access to chase that up.

Please be patient: I will get to it as soon as is humanly possible.

Cirrsseeto Quez
Jun 3rd, 2012, 07:43:52 AM
I'd be down to help, sure. Just lemme know what you need

Lilaena De'Ville
Jun 3rd, 2012, 08:56:43 AM
I'm not being impatient, just offering to do one if you didn't mind. I know you don't have net access. :) since you do mind I'll just stay on the sidelines. :)

Miranda Tarkin
Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:18:23 PM
All good ^_^ lemme know if you need help or what nots