PDA

View Full Version : Subtle Pretense

Navaria Tarkin
May 4th, 2012, 08:37:33 AM
Daria,

There's a delicate matter that we need to discuss. Meet me in our quarters tonight at 2000 and I'll explain.

Navaria

There were scant times when Navaria could deliver this message in person, alone, as of late. The Council's reach to provide security for the other Jedi was stretched thin after recent events, and Daria would understand the urgency. Though there was a small part of the Jedi Master that was unsure about the duplicity, but after the explanation, Daria would understand and appreciate the summons.

Daria Nytherciria
May 5th, 2012, 03:33:39 PM
Navaria's message arrived at the precise moment that Daria was sitting in silence, with a class of meditating Padawan learners arrayed before her. The obnoxious bleep that heralded the messages arrival made the Jedi Knight herself wince faintly as it shattered the illusion of tranquility the group had been labouring to create for the past quarter of an hour. Daria excused herself for long enough to listen to the message. On returning to the class, she breathed in deeply and gave the group a strained smile.

“I am afraid that we must cut our session short today. I want you all to spend the rest of the evening practising what we've covered here today. You are dismissed.”

The group got to their feet and shared a couple of uncertain glances, before filing out of the makeshift training room. Daria lingered only long enough to collect her thoughts before she too departed. The path to the quarters she shared with Navaria was so familiar that she barely had to think about where she was walking, her feet moving without thought whilst her head was preoccupied with wondering.

Navaria Tarkin
May 6th, 2012, 05:40:52 PM
Upon arriving inside the shared quarters, the first noticeable difference within was the fresh aroma of spices that permeated the area - especially with the kitchen just several meters off the left of the entrance.

If Daria wasn't mistaken, it was scent of ahrisa she smelled. If was a spicy delicacy that could be duplicated with various proteins, usually more gamier meats for flavor or seafood.

"You're early."

Navaria smiled behind the counter, shaking her head. "I knew you'd be."

Sliding the stems of the wine glasses in front of her, she greeted the Miraluka by extending one of them out for her to take. Pyussh white wine had already been poured and its floral fragrance was inviting. The Jedi Master could not hide the smile that was hidden as she took a sip, patiently waiting for Daria's understanding of what really was happening and then eventual reaction. It was difficult to contain her true feelings that there really was no emergency that the Knight had to be called away from ...

Daria Nytherciria
May 7th, 2012, 05:42:55 AM
At times, Daria's expressions could be difficult to place. It was a side-affect of coming from a species to whom physical gestures and expressions had little significance, given their unusual way of perceiving the world. After all, what use was a nod or a halting hand to eyes that could not see it? On this occasion, however, the surprise and confusion was plain to see. Her nose wrinkled at the spiced aromas that flavored the air like incense.

“Ahrisa?”

Daria arched an eyebrow as she accepted the wine glass, passing the stem from one hand to the other as she slipped out of the jacket she wore and laid it down on the counter that separated her from Navaria.

“Where did you...?”

Navaria Tarkin
May 7th, 2012, 10:33:28 AM
Her features lit up in genuine pleasure as Navaria watched the surprise have the desired effect. Every single credit spent was worth it just to see the expression upon Daria's face.

"I've made a few friends amongst the smugglers," she said with a air of mystery. It was several months ago when she asked one of them to procure her the exotic spice, wine, and some of the components of dinner tonight. "And I remembered you saying in passing that ahrisa was a favorite."

Her free hand cupped the Miraluka's chin softly and pulled Daria in for a soft kiss. Before pulling away, the Knight felt Navaria's lips curl into a smile against her own before the Master spoke only one more word.

"Surprise."

Daria Nytherciria
May 7th, 2012, 12:26:58 PM
As they kissed, Navaria's smile soon became Daria's, as she let her concerns about her abandoned class drift away, at least for a moment. Daria knew full well how hard it was to source anything more exotic than ration bars aboard the Wheel. For all her foresight and clairvoyance, the Miraluka had had no inkling of what Navaria had clearly been planning for months. She took a step closer to Navaria and cocked her head to one side.

“Master Tarkin.. fraternising with smugglers?” she asked, a teasing edge to her voice. “It's no wonder you've become such a rogue then, luring me here under fall pretences.”

Navaria Tarkin
May 7th, 2012, 01:32:22 PM
The smile never left. In fact, it could only grow wider by the teasing. "So does that mean I won't be lectured for disturbing your lesson with the younglings and possibly approve of my devious intent?" she asked, her tone mirroring the playfulness of the Knight.

Both of them knew the more rigid aspects of their schedules, which meant that Navaria knew very well what the Miraluka would be doing when her message was received.

Daria Nytherciria
May 7th, 2012, 02:26:01 PM
Daria took a long sip of her wine as Navaria spoke. The flavour was clean and crisp yet like nothing she could remember tasting. She leant one hand against the counter top and eyed Navaria with a quirk of her lips. They spent so much of their time together immersed in the weighty business of the Wheel, the Jedi and more besides. It was not easy to relax, but Navaria always knew how to make her smile.

“You don't want to be lectured? You don't like it when I talk to you...” she said, her already well-spoken accent becoming stronger, more pronounced, “...like the scoundrel you are?”

Navaria Tarkin
May 7th, 2012, 03:11:38 PM
Navaria took the opportunity to drink more wine, waiting for the teasing to continue. When the Miraluka's voice intensified, the Jedi Master pursed her lips and felt a small shiver trace her spine in response.

Leaning forward, she kissed the sensitive spot under Daria's left ear softly before letting the breath of her voice brush against it. "Of that, there is no doubt," she answered, a slight growl to her voice.

Then she pulled away, her free hand reaching out to entwine fingers with Daria's, tugging her towards the table. "But we wouldn't want dinner getting cold. Your lectures tend to get lengthy."

Daria Nytherciria
May 8th, 2012, 01:14:20 PM
Daria let Navaria guide her to the small table where they occasionally took their meals. More often than not, it was just a convenient place to store datacards, discarded robes or whatever else they didn't want to admitedly limited floor space with. On this occasion, Daria could feel that textured fabric place mats were covered the tabletop.

"You know, I don't usually approve of surprises, but I wouldn't object to getting this kind of... summons more often. Perhaps you could use your smugglers charm to convince the others that this is essential Council business."

Navaria Tarkin
May 8th, 2012, 02:01:19 PM
A small peck was placed on the top of Daria's hand before the Jedi Master let her go to retrieve dinner. The small table was not decorated extravagantly. There was no need to please the eyes of her love, but to please the palate with desirable flavors was all together different.

She grinned at Daria's remark before balancing two plates on a hand and arm, as the other carried her drink. "I'm sure I could pull rank to make that happen."

Setting down her drink down first, the plates soon followed. "Expressing that it's in the interest of the Wheel that we ..." she paused and brushed her lips against Daria's cheek, her breath tickling against her skin, "... explore deeper meditation techniques."

She pulled away and took her place across from Daria with a bemused smirk. "To gain insight into protecting our people of course."

Daria Nytherciria
May 20th, 2012, 06:21:15 AM
“Meditation techniques?”

Daria felt for her cutlery and found it laid out on either side of the table mat that now held her plate. Though she did not see Navaria's smirk, she could her the expression in her voice and could not help but match it with one of her own. She laughed softly, shaking her head.

“Please... don't say it like that. I've just spent the afternoon discussng meditation techniques with a group of learners, who are supposed to be spending the rest of the evening meditating alone.”

Navaria Tarkin
May 21st, 2012, 05:59:05 PM
Ahrisa spiced land shrimp with a variety of steamed vegetables were waiting to be sampled, and truth be told, it had been some time since Navaria had cooked anything so extravagant. She was curious about the meals verdict, but their playful conversation was stalling the outcome. Not that the Jedi was complaining. Hardly. It had been too long since they could simply talk as if daily life were normal aboard the fleet - without an impending war or factions within trying to decimate the fledgling order was slowly finding its roots.

"Oh," she said simply with a light chuckle. "When you put it that way, then yes - bad. I made a very bad analogy."

Sipping her wine, she couldn't help laughing softly once more as the implications of Daria's statement settled. "Especially with the alone part."