PDA

View Full Version : The Gods of Tomorrow

Anastasia Xivelle
May 3rd, 2012, 12:47:09 PM
For Anastasia, the shuttle ride to Coruscant had been filled with various emotions. Some relating to the incidents aboard the Hades (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=21663), others having to simply do wight the fact she was returning home so soon. She had never anticipated seeing the city planet again once she had left, but even now the familiar sights seemed tainted with new perspective.

She kept the thoughts to herself, her face remaining a stoic mask of protection. Protection from what, though? Anastasia traveled alone having left Reinhart behind as the summons only spoke of her. And what summons they were... To report to the Citadel and to the Grand Inquisator himself. There was no pride in the thought, only a lingering sense of alertness that came with self preservation.

As the shuttle neared it's dock, Anastasia could begin to clearly see people about their business in the Imperial Centre, she found herself wondering how many were sharing the sensation of calm awe she was, being so close to the seat of Imperial power, and how many others were secretly plotting it's downfall. She jotted a quick note on a nearby datapad - something to consider later.

Objects became larger in view, and finally came to a rest as the shuttle found it's mark. Only a brief moment of hesitation was taken, to once again contemplate the significance of her return, and she picked up the small bag she had with her, hoisting the sling over her shoulder. Upon exit, she cooly scanned the area, looking for whoever it was that would be meeting her. She doubted it would be Valten initially, but one never knew...

Jakys Sei'trem
May 4th, 2012, 08:16:15 AM
The Citadel of the Inquisitoriate, one of several fortresses of that organization both ubiquitous and hidden at the same time, dominated the cityscape of the immediate quadrant. Perhaps not nearly as massive or impressive as the Imperial Palace or Old Senate building, she was still an imposing sight. Seven great obsidian towers stretch into the sky, decorated in gargoyles, parapets, and spires of a long forgotten archaic architecture. A direct contrast to the gleaming silver and chrome of much of the rest of the upper echelons of Coruscanti high society.

Though not all housed secrets so sinister that even the Emperor past or the Empress present refused to acknowledge. In fact as a legitimate sub-branch of the Imperial Government much of sprawling complex housed nothing but offices, conference centers, open gardens, cafeterias serving delicacies of multiple worlds, and beautiful atriums filled with rare flora and fauna from all over the galaxy. The work place of civilian and enlisted personnel alike that kept the necessary bureaucracy of an indomitable of hundreds of thousands employees across Imperial space running at peak efficiency.

It was one of these towers that Anastasia’s shuttle docked. The primary administrative building holding the public offices of dozens, if not hundreds, of precincts, investigators, and inspectors....including estate offices, both public and private, of dozens of actual Inquisitors.

Though unfortunately despite direct summons from the Grand Inquisitor, it was not Karl Valten waiting for her at the platform.

A Devaronian, clad in fine dress silks, most likely more expensive than a high-rise apartment of surface spires affordable only to the prestigious of the city-planet.
The alien bowed deeply to the esteemed guest.

“Ah! Miss ‘ivelle. Grand ‘nquis’tor Valten sends iz ‘pologies. Ee’s been delayed lon’er than ‘spected by ah matter f’state.”

His accent was nearly impossible to place, seeming almost a blend of Basic from a dozen different planets, though the strange speech seemed to roll smoothly off his tongue. The man radiated energy, smiling brightly and offering to carry Anastasia’s bag.

“‘nquis’tor Jakys’Sei’Trem at y’disposal. Valten’s asked me t’offer ‘ospitality till iz meeting’s ’inshd. Shouldn’ b’long.”

Anastasia Xivelle
May 4th, 2012, 12:37:07 PM
It wasn't at all unheard of to find non-human races on Coruscant, or in the employ of the Empire, but it still threw her off momentarily to be greeted by one. Though as Jakys spoke, Anastasia found it to be a surprisingly welcome one after the solitude of her trip, even if he was quite literally the exact opposite of anyone she had pictured in her mind. At least he wasn't some stern faced guard who was just doing his duty...

She handed off her bag and inclined her head just slightly as a soft "Thank you." left her. Another look around the complex was stolen before she returned her eyes to the Devaronian. "It's probably better this way. I'd hate for him to have been waiting on me."

Jakys Sei'trem
May 5th, 2012, 09:53:48 PM
“N’sense! T’wait s’lux’ry. Means y’ave time t’breathe.”

The Devaronian smiled as he took the offered bag. Dagger-like serrated teeth flashed almost as brightly as the polish of his horns.

“Ah! Sorry.”

Jakys snapped his mouth shut at the involuntary surprise…or shock…whatever it was upon Anastasia's face. Many human citizens of the Empire not used to his kind were far from accustomed to the sight of a carnivorous smile. He shifted his jaw, retracting the sharp incisors characteristics of the males of his species in exchange for the less aggressive ‘female’ teeth.

It was a rare genetic quirk for males to be born with both sets of teeth, but an incredibly useful one. He smiled filled with an almost contagious energy.

“Ah’m sure th' Gran ‘nquis’tor wo’relish t’lux’ry.” Inquisitor Sei’Trem gestured towards one of the many passages branching off from the landing platform.

“’ow was t’flight?”

Anastasia Xivelle
May 8th, 2012, 10:14:58 PM
More surprises. And that in itself... wasn't surprising for some reason. Though Anastasia would be lying if she didn't admit that she was finding herself in a strange mental tug-of-war between being very very wary of the Inquisitor... and genuinely finding herself put at ease. It didn't take long for her to come to the conclusion that it would be most prudent to take a middle road between the two thoughts.

"It wasn't bad at all. Long and uneventful if anything." She paused and let a small not-quite-laugh leave her. "But that makes it sound as if I'm complaining. It gave me a long time to simply think. Which really, given how things have been since I left Coruscant, was certainly not a bad thing."

A pause came mid-thought and she let a half-smile play on her lips. "Though to be honest I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts I guess I really didn't think much about just... breathing. You're right, it is a luxury. One that I suppose goes often unappreciated."

Jakys Sei'trem
May 21st, 2012, 10:27:55 PM
“’an ow ‘ave things been since lea’ing ‘perial Cen’er?”

Jakys led the pair through twists and turns of several corridors. This woman was interesting, not from any of the academies, not a soldier, not a detective, just a simple doctoral student. Of course simplicity went out the window with her chosen line of research.
A dangerous line of research.

In the time Inquisitor Thule had been jumping Miss Xivelle across the galaxy and back, Jakys had spent his time reading up on her work. It was simply ludicrous.

Unless you weren’t shunted into the dark.

And then it became even more ludicrous when you actually were aware.

Anastasia Xivelle
May 23rd, 2012, 09:30:30 PM
"Interesting." Yes, that was a fair word. Her mind flashed through the more memorable images of her trip to the Hades once more.

A few months ago the thoughts may have caused some sort of internal cringe...but now? Strange how just one event could change a person so... she hadn't predicted that.

"It's good to be back, though. To be honest, I really can't wait to see what's next. I never figured myself for the type to find intrigue in the unknown when it came to my life... my studies, certainly, but this is just... unexpected."

Anastasia came to the sudden realization of the sudden enthusiasm in her voice and she flushed slightly, finding a small bit of shame in revealing herself in such a way. She was usually rather reserved... just another curiosity to ponder later, she supposed.

"Though, I do have to admit, I also can't wait to get back to the lab. Well... a lab, I suppose. I doubt they would really let me back to my old one."