PDA

View Full Version : Post about your character arcs!

Aidan Fox
Apr 21st, 2012, 11:08:19 AM
So, one of the things I really like about our LA setting is that it's big enough that we can have lots of independent character arcs going on at the same time, and small enough that everyone's still affected by the same big events, like the Mutant Registration Act or the Stanley Mosk Courthouse Rally. It helps contribute to a sense of a shared world when we see lots of different stories that aren't directly connected but are grounded in the same environment: Redencion House, the MCU, Treadstone, UCLA. Awesome job, you guys!

Anyway, if the action we've seen so far is season 1 of a TV series, we're already heating things up in anticipation of the finale. Shortly before the MRA goes mandatory, riots will break out across Los Santos, mutants on one side and mutant-haters on the other, with Vanguard's newly-unveiled Sentinels wreaking havoc in the middle. Like the rest of the setting, I'm hoping this action will be big enough that everyone will have the opportunity to tell their own stories against that backdrop.

In anticipation, I think it would be helpful to lay out what we're doing with our characters, and what arcs we'd like to complete/progress before the riots begin. The riots certainly aren't going to be the end of the story, but they'll be the end of some stories, and I think it'll be helpful to see what sorts of things we've got going on. You can be as specific or vague as you like, or you can just read what others have posted and use it as brainstorming fodder. I want people to have the opportunity to own this setting as much as possible. :)

Aidan Fox
Apr 21st, 2012, 11:26:48 AM
Aidan Fox: Following the events in Firestorm, Aidan will be kicked out of the House. He will continue to protect it as well as he can from the criminal world of Los Santos as a fugitive from the MCU. He'll be pretty much a free agent until the riots begin, so if anyone wants to hang out/tangle with a fire mutant, let me know. :)

Jamie Morrigan: I have a big thread in mind to resolve Jamie's nightmare arc. Her nightmares will consume the entire House, drawing all its residents into her dreamworld, preying on their nightmares as well as her own. The result will be a big showdown between the residents of the House and the Astral Demons. Later, Jamie and Anna will be the focal point of a riots thread.

Also, Feral's got plans for Jamie... :ohno

Alex Kaine: He's going to get involved with Svetlana's familial turmoil with Yelena and Saladin. I have no specific plans for him regarding the riots.

Taya Robbins: No specific plans, but she's available if anyone needs a mutant reporter.

Saladin: Needs to meet with Geryon and Flux following their breakout from the Jozua Clinic.

Shield: Is available to play a supporting role in Stern's "maverick cop" arc.

Zero: He's got a lot to get done...

1. Needs to have a confrontation with Ginny and Mute, which will end up spurring both Zero's and Mute's respective quests to learn about their pasts.
2. Breaks into Treadstone Tower. Is captured for study by Tom Harriman. The two form an uneasy understanding.
3. Big showdown with General Vasher, Colonel Hunter, and Major Keller.
4. Zero eventually resurfaces to help X-Force fight off the Sentinels, acting as the Wolverine to Tom's Cyclops.

Jane
Apr 21st, 2012, 01:31:23 PM
Anna: She has to throw Aidan out on his ear. She also is going to 'define the relationship' with her beau, kick the ass of some Astral Demons, and then do something with Jaime in the riots thread/s.

Aimee (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v471/jainhollie/pinkypiehaters.gif): She's going to survive Firestorm (sorry), get dumped, and then go back to being a street kid. Then riots.

Ginny: Has to do some teamwork with Cameron to find Zero and then attempt to kick his ass. Zero's ass, that is. After that I'm not sure what else. Vanguard shenanigans I assume, probably doing some linking between Orion and Treadstone but I'm just spitballing here.

Jane: Break Flux and Geryon outta jail. Wreck Disneyland. Be a paragon for truth and justice in a time of chaos.

Antonio: be a punk and try to get into Riley's pants.

Jo: no plans except a backlash of her luck in the thread she's currently in.

I think that's it....

Flux
Apr 21st, 2012, 04:51:36 PM
Flux: He's got to get out of prison, have another learning experience meeting Saladin, destroy Disneyland, have relations with Banner, and start climbing the Brotherhood's leadership hierarchy.

Freight Train: She needs to confront her fears about fighting mutants with her powers and help Treadstone figure out a way to apply her invulnerability to her clothing. Otherwise, she's free for most anything.

Tradeskill: Their only real purpose right now is to fill out the X-Force roster as muscle and mission control. Though at some point, Ham needs to take the field against the Brotherhood.

Banner Laverick
Apr 21st, 2012, 06:08:46 PM
Banner: I'd like to do a thread with her just hanging out in LA, before Flux gets out of jail. If anyone is interested in that, let me know? Once Flux is back, she'll be deciding if she wants to join the Brotherhood or not, so I'd like to do some stuff with them.

Secret: Waiting to go to the House with Stern, IDK what I want to do with her just yet. I kind of created her as a back-up so I had something to do in between Banner threads, lol.

José Luis Flores
Apr 21st, 2012, 06:20:18 PM
José: I'm between arcs for him at the moment. The odd thing is that I'm not quite sure what to do with him, though I know what I want for him. I'll be having him go round Redención, which should give him plenty of room for interaction, but what he needs is to be forced to come to grips with the fact that he's a mutant.

Julian: Thanks to most esteemed Droo, I've got a plan of sorts for Julian. Not that I didn't have a plan before, but I was struggling with writing the progression into it. A couple threads pushing Julian's humanity to the fore are what's needed, and he's in the right place for it. A thread with Jaime perhaps (a guard dog for her while she's injured?), or another member of the house that makes him feel like a part of it, rather than something looking in on what's going on around him is the order of the day.

Captain Untouchable
Apr 22nd, 2012, 04:33:06 AM
Tom Harriman: Orion is now a person of interest in a homicide, thanks to the actions of Orcus. Tom has now been on TV, and John Jackson knows about his ninja stint in New York: that's potentially going to earn him some suspicion. Speaking of being on TV: his work with Treadstone could potentially draw some attention and unfriendly visits from The Brotherhood, La Raza, the Tres Onces, or even Vanguard.

Tom has a couple of volunteers who he will continue to work with; some of whom are going to get some R&D done for them. I would like for Tom to meet more mutants, either as Orion or as himself, whether they're from Redención, UCLA, or somewhere else entirely. I'm hoping to do a bit of an "overwhelmed" arc if I get time as well... Tom is wearing a lot of hats at the moment (scientist, media figure, vigilante, team leader, responsible adult, etc), and not all of them fit him particularly well.

Hurucan + Orcus: I'm hoping to reach a significant milestone in Hurucan's schemes before the riots: I just need to work out whether I've got enough OOC time to write everything. There's no point jumping to the end if I haven't had time to reveal the middle yet!

Captain Dan Myers: I want to continue setting him up as a "proper" superhero - rescuing cats from trees, and that sort of thing - but I don't have any specific plans of how to do that. I haven't worked out what he'll be doing during the riots, either: he's certainly not going to be pro-Sentinel, but I don't necessarily see him fighting back, either.

Daniel Myers: Having had his secret so spectacularly outed by his alternate reality doppelganger, Daniel is going to find his life thoroughly destroyed, and is going to become progressively more villainous. This will probably lead him to The Brotherhood in the long run, though I haven't really worked out how yet. Possibly during the riots?

Blackhawk: I would like Blackhawk to have a run-in with La Raza at some point, if there are any volunteers. It'd also be cool to have him bump into some of the other vigilantes around the place - Aidan Fox springs to mind, in a sort of Punisher vs Daredevil sort of encounter.

Billy O'Neill: At a loose end, aside from the Disneyland thing.

Heidrich Alderman: After the end of the current arc with Chartis in New York, he will be coming to Los Angeles. Not sure what he'll be doing when he gets here, but I'm sure it won't be good. :ohno

Marcus Godfrey: I haven't decided what will happen to him after the MRA comes into full effect. If he registers it could destroy his career; if he doesn't, that could be worse. Maybe he gets captured during the riots? I dunno.