PDA

View Full Version : The Impossibility of Senior Citizens

Teagan s'Ilancy
Apr 16th, 2012, 07:30:54 PM
Dama's small quarters aboard the Challenger weren't big, but there was enough room at least for her and Dama - and Wyl too, whenever he stayed with them.

Of course now there was another body to contend with, and Teagan wasn't so sure how she felt about that.

The evening brought with it a small dinner, taken in the mess hall, and of course Wyl's arrival. Dama always made sure that the boy was transported from the [i]Whaladon[i] to Challenger when she could, and this evening of course was no different. It was a routine. A routine that was not changed even despite the arrival of their new guest.

Tak was doubtful of the claims given, and still held on to the notion that Dama had bought another kid.

Now, huddled together in the corner of the main living area, both Wyl and Tak held a very urgent, very important, and very hushed conference. She'd had to fill him in after all.

"Dama says he's her dad," the girl whispered, the disbelief in her tone wrapping around each word she spoke.

"I dunno though. He doesn't look old to me - " a squinty-eyed glare was secretly cast across the room to the bald boy.

"... I bet she bought another kid."

Her attention went back to her husband.

"He says he's over hundreds of years old too, so I think he's just trying to scare me. I bet he isn't even as old as you are."

Wyl Staedtler
Apr 21st, 2012, 04:25:36 PM
As a well-traveled man, Wyl credited himself with having seen quite a lot of what the galaxy had to offer. Not a single second of his life had been wasted with idle pursuits, a record which he proudly fought to maintain. It was a focus that brought with it difficulty at times, peril at others, but by and large he always survived unscathed and that, as far as he was concerned, was proof positive that the Force was in full support of his particular brand of employment.

Getting married had only increased the adventure. He still counted being left behind on Bespin as one of the most frightening experiences that was clipped to his belt, but it also bore the distinction of being the most rewarding: the seeming misfortune had united him with his star-crossed soulmate.

He stared now at Tak, forehead bumping companionable against hers. The dark spray of his stubborn hair patterned against her fine blonde locks, which tickled against his cheek as if they were saying hello.

"Your Dama wouldn't buy another kid," Wyl assured Tak, a disbelieving roll of his eyes punctuating the offer. "She's got you. And me."

Together, they were basically the universal definition of supreme achievement. Things didn't get much better than them.

Wyl's face creased in thought. "Maybe he's an android."

Teagan s'Ilancy
Apr 21st, 2012, 05:17:06 PM
That thought hadn't occured to her before, and Tak scrunched up her face as she thought. Yes, it was certainly possible that her 'hGet'ia' was an android. It would certainly account for a lot of things.

"Maybe... "

There was a pause as she further considered the ramifications of an actual android in their midst, and a suddenly concerned look draped over her young features.

"What if he's like a... " she thought hard about what word it was she was trying to say. Basic was just so hard sometimes!!

"... a first invader from some sort of android army or something?"

Wyl Staedtler
Apr 28th, 2012, 02:03:18 PM
It was well-established fact that the hostile droid takeover attempt was just a matter of time, an inevitable turning point in galactic history. Logic dictated that the best way to launch an attack was from the inside out, so of course they would try to plant themselves within the framework of a family.

"Has he been asking you personal questions?" Wyl queried, his voice low and suspicious. "Droids are naturally boring creatures, so if he's been trying to get to know you, that's a sure sign that's something's not right."

Teagan s'Ilancy
May 9th, 2012, 03:24:27 AM
"Well, not really, no."

The girl bit her lip, hazarding a look back to her hGet'ia. She still wasn't sure about that one.

"Dama says he's my hGet'ia."

At the look on Wyl's face, the girl elaborated.

"My grampa."

She gave a world-weary sigh, her shoulder going up then down.

"I dunno. She's been all happy and... and... "

Basic failed the little Lupine, and she reverted to a more comfortable tongue.

"... Ueh'ak'sa a ss'ame'na."

Teagan's hand sought out her husband's, and she squeezed his fingers.

"I just dunno."

Wyl Staedtler
May 13th, 2012, 11:35:03 AM
Well, this was a quandry. For all that Wyl knew about them, grandfathers were about as familiar as all other mythical creatures. He’d known people back on Coruscant who had them, other kids who alternatively crowed with excitement whenever such beings visited and dragged their feet when they realized that it meant being on their best behavior for days. Wyl’s maternal grandfather had died long before the boy had even taken his first breath and he didn’t have a clue about his father’s parentage. In some small way it was mercy that he’d been spared the politics of navigating familial bonds.

But it also put them at a distinct disadvantage.

Wyl’s eyes sharpened with the burden of cautious scrutiny as he glanced over at the other boy. The boy, who scarcely looked older than they were. His claims of age were faintly ridiculous but the very fact that they were unbelievable gave the little padawan reason for pause.

“There’s only one way to settle this,” Wyl sighed finally, shaking his head. “An authentication investigation.”