PDA

View Full Version : No. I'm Not A Rebel. Really

Maxx Elgrin
Apr 11th, 2012, 09:33:18 AM
Credits are what revolved around Captain Maxx Elgrin's world. Well, that and a nice ass to chase. Adventure just happened to be a perk for this Rebellion Smuggler but there was no mistaking that inside was a good heart. Just not a heart that could stand by a cause with full gusto. He was happy to be aligned with the boys and girls of Dorn Force, being their ride and ensuring their survival. He just didn't like getting his hands dirty quite visibly. Subtle runs for cargo and supplies were his specialty.

Though showing up at the Wheel was far from subtle but Alliance Command asked nicely - his account grew by several thousands of credits - if he could bring in some much needed supplies. So he acquiesced. There were kids aboard the Wheel and he was always a sucker for a kid. Last thing he wanted on his conscious was them starving or the fleet not being able to protect itself because he didn't lift a finger to help.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" He yelled at the landing crew, practically slapping the hydrospanner out of his hand. "You don't roughly remove the hinges to the refueling cap! You gotta be gentle to this little lady otherwise I won't be so nice either."

He paused and pointed the tool back at the crewman's face. "Got it?"

The Severus was a Nabooian L-Class star skiff was his pride and joy and one of the fastest ships in the Rebel Alliance Fleet. It was based upon the older production J-Type (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/J-type_star_skiff) model, with a wing design that gave the ship sophisticated atmospheric combat abilities, and a bitch to hit. The modified hyperdrive and sublight engines just made the damn thing fast. It was built more for passengers but when that wasn't his cargo, there were plenty of hiding places for the more sensitive materials.

"Yes sir! Sorry sir ..."

Patting the poor chap on the back, he then sighed, throwing his hands up in the air as Maxx heard the repulsor lifts smacking against the landing ramp. "Guys! Don't scuff the floor! Seriously, where the hell did you guys learn how to unload a starship? Swear some Ewoks showed you while you idiots were on Endor."

Kala'ndryl Ryj
Apr 14th, 2012, 11:53:08 AM
"Emma...I'm gonna catch you..."

The tiny bundle of energy raced off down the hallway of the Challenger, squealing with delight. Blonde pigtails bounced every which way as Emma (http://i43.tinypic.com/6pnwvc.jpg) ran, followed closely by a much taller and somewhat older blonde, who was only too delighted to spend the afternoon away from the Whaladon, even if it included a welcome session of babysitting.

Kala (http://i42.tinypic.com/95ojy9.jpg) jogged along far more slowly, keeping the little one in her sights but letting her have just the tiniest bit of freedom. It was hard enough being Emma's age, but living aboard a ship like the Challenger made it even more difficult. She wondered absently, as she followed Emma into a hanger bay, when someone from the Jedi would take the little one on as a Padawan. Even she could sense the potential she had.

"Emma! You can't interrupt people when they're working..." Kala's voice trailed off into breathless laughter as she raced to catch the little one. Sadly, even with her Force abilities, she was still graceless as ever. She smacked right into the man barking at the crew, and proceeded to fall flat on her ass.

Kala had to laugh at herself even as Emma trotted over to do the same. Silvery fingers smoothed out her soft tank-top (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=47184015) while swirling black eyes gazed up at the impish youngling.

"Kala, can I go play with Cici?"

Glancing beyond the child to see a female mechanic wave and try to stop laughing, Kala sighed and nodded, calling out to her as she ran off. "Sure, sweet-pea. Cici, make sure you tell Chrys you have her." The woman waved and left with Emma, leaving the blonde to her own devices.

Her ebony gaze glanced up to meet that of the man who now stood staring down at her with an arched brow. "Sorry about that..." she said with a grin, finally taking a good look at him.

Alright...maybe I'm not so sorry...

Maxx Elgrin
Apr 29th, 2012, 02:26:59 PM
Even rising above the commotion he was stirring around his ship, the sounds of giggling and laughing did not go unnoticed by Maxx. He glanced about sideways and raised an appreciative brow at the lovely young lady chasing after a child. Half smirking, he thought it might not have been so bad landing here with supplies after all but duty before pleasure. Even he had some standards - unless there was a way to mix business and pleasure. Then that always won out.

Returning back to the crew, he all of sudden felt his weight shift and had to lean against the back of the landing struts as to not fall off and was about to go off on a quite colorful, and verbal, tirade when eyes ready to lash out with his irritation were surprised to see the same woman he was admiring earlier.

Perhaps this is a business and pleasure opportunity after all...

Straightening his jacket, the irritation melted away and a charming smile erupted before he offered a hand. "It's all right. Things happen."

The crew nearby gave a few eye rolls and surprised looks at how suave the guy came out to be. It was like a switch was flipped because this Captain was far more calmer and likable then that brutish ass. "I'm Captain Maxx Elgrin."

As soon as the young lady was standing, he leaned down and placed a small kiss on the back of her hand before letting it go. "And I do hope you're all right. Quite the tumble you took there."

At that point, the crewmen left, one of them throwing up their hands in frustration as how things turned around so fast.

Kala'ndryl Ryj
Apr 29th, 2012, 03:19:06 PM
A slow, warm smile replaced her grin as she accepted his hand and took her time getting up. Black eyes swirled with interest as she took the opportunity to take a long lingering look at the man she'd run headlong into.

Now she was definitely not sorry about it.

In fact, as his lips brushed the back of her hand, Kala decided she rather enjoyed her graceless tendencies today.

"My name is Kala'ndryl..but everyone calls me Kala. Its a pleasure to meet you, Captain." she replied, warmth in her tone to match her smile.

Fingers rose to smooth out her blonde curls and silver head-tresses, before straightening the soft white of her top, absently settling it over the hilt on her leather-clad hip. Her eyes eventually rose from his handsome face to take in the sight of the ship just beyond him.

"Yours?" Kala said, sable eyes brightening. "She's beautiful. I've never seen one this close before."

Maxx Elgrin
Apr 29th, 2012, 03:50:09 PM
"I think I prefer Kala'ndryl, but if you rather I address you as Kala?" he inquired but then waved a hand off at such formalities that she was showing. "Please! Call me Maxx. Only call me Captain if you end up working under me."

Or are in my bed...

He followed the line of vision and besides the grin on his face becoming bigger, his eyes lit up with pride. "Yep. All mine. Modifications and upgrades were done by my own hand to keep her up with the times. She's an old model but you wouldn't think that by looking at her."

Maxx's eyes sparkled with approval. "Like her that much, eh?"

Kala'ndryl Ryj
Apr 29th, 2012, 04:02:19 PM
"Not at all, Maxx. You're more than welcome to call me Kala'ndryl..." she smiled, tilting her head as she savored the way her full name rolled off of his tongue.

Under him, huh?

I sure as hell wouldn't mind...

I think we agree on this one.

I'm so glad.

With a nod from Maxx, Kala stepped closer and trailed her own silver-tipped fingers over the ship's sleek hull. "I really do...she looks like she's just come off the assembly line. What's her name?"

Maxx Elgrin
Apr 29th, 2012, 04:24:29 PM
Glad that he could call her by Kala'ndryl's given name, he felt it was others short comings when everyone ended up calling you by a nickname. True familiarity gave you the right to speak such things, but it was far more impressionable and respectful to pronounce someone by their given name. That and it was far more sexy to do so. No one could deny the light in their eyes when he smoothly could say their name without stumbling or getting the accent just right.

Maxx admired from afar, watching Kala's silver tipped fingers almost meld into the hull of the ship. It was an exotic sight that kept his attention. "Her name is the Severus."

He chuckled, "Not my choice but it fits her. She's ornery but won't give up without a fight."

Kala'ndryl Ryj
Apr 29th, 2012, 04:44:47 PM
"Well, if it fits, then you can't fight it." Kala grinned, glancing back over her shoulder.

Black eyes watched him through a curtain of curls and head-tresses, a sly smile playing around her lips.

"Can I have a tour, Maxx?"

Maxx Elgrin
Apr 29th, 2012, 04:52:08 PM
He still wasn't quite sure if that was an invitation to something more, but Maxx refusing a request like this would be far out of character. Then there was that smile that just made everything all right. No one looked at him like that without thinking the same ulterior motive he was thinking.

"If that is what you wish," he said, bowing with a flare and motioning Kala to go up the ramp of the ship first.

Kala'ndryl Ryj
Apr 29th, 2012, 05:22:04 PM
"Such a gentleman..." Kala said softly as she passed him. She would have purred if she could, but unfortunately her genetics weren't quite right for it. They did, however, give a lush tone to her voice when she put the effort into it.

And she most certainly was putting the effort into it.

Kala glanced back over her shoulder briefly, knowing exactly how snug her white leather pants were. Black eyes soon focused forward again, lest she ruin the moment by tripping. She paused at the top of the ramp to look around and wait for Maxx to ascend...apparently quite slowly.

Maxx Elgrin
Apr 29th, 2012, 08:47:57 PM
Just because Maxx enjoyed dining on the pleasures of life did not mean he couldn't treat people how they deserved to be treated. At least until you proved otherwise. Cross him once, there was little chance to regain his trust. If there was one huge glaring flaw that Elgrin had, is that he held grudges for a long time.

With Kala passing by, he studied her, and not the shapely derriere that was inviting him to board his own ship. What drew him in this time was the highlights that looked more then such when she passed by. It was bugging him because he had seen them somewhere before. That and her eyes. Those black swirls that he found just as erotic as the way she moved.

Boots stomped up the ramp and as he caught up to her, he smiled. Nautolan. She was part Nautolan. It made perfect sense with the characteristics presented and bless the parents that produced this beautiful young woman to grace his presence.

He extended an arm for her to take. "What would the lady like to see first?"

Kala'ndryl Ryj
Apr 30th, 2012, 12:55:46 AM
He had quite a smile...a wicked, warm, and irresistible smile. Kala answered with one of her own as he caught up with her and proffered an arm. A delightful gesture she very much appreciated.

She accepted his arm, tucking herself quite comfortably in his side as they walked. "How about the cockpit? I'm actually learning to fly, and I have to admit I'm really very curious..." Kala tilted her head and looked up into his bright gaze with her ebony eyes.

That was another plus...he was taller than she was, and it sent a little ripple of pleasure the length of her spine.

Maxx Elgrin
Apr 30th, 2012, 06:31:48 AM
Kala accepting his arm and brushing up against him to get closer was the exact response he was hoping for. With the bulky jacket he wore in the way, he couldn't enjoy the curves of her body as much as he would like - but patience.

"Learning to be a pilot here? Or you just having general curiosity of flying?" he asked, leading her down the pristine hallway towards the cockpit. It was white, but not as bright as the original design had called for. Maxx liked softer tones and glaring white surrounding you after having a night out really didn't wonders for a hangover. Now it was an off white, duller, but still carried a regal quality to it that the skiff was meant for as a passenger vessel.

Reaching the front of the ship, Maxx hit the panel to open the cockpit door and let Kala enter first. There were three stations for the pilot and co-pilot at the viewport. The third, and only chair left, was the gunner station. Again, everything was in perfect working order with nothing out of place or haphazardly cobbled together to work that a lot of older models suffered. The only object, however, that was out of place was a sabacc card (http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080311005835/starwars/images/thumb/f/f4/The_evil_one.svg/210px-The_evil_one.svg.png) mounted on the wall just left of the pilot's seat.

Kala'ndryl Ryj
May 1st, 2012, 09:00:18 AM
"Learning to be a pilot in the middle of learning to be a Jedi. We multi-task really well around here...oh wow..."

Kala's voice, though warm, trailed off as Maxx opened the door and let her enter first. Fingers coursed over the back of each of the chairs, lingering over the pilot's seat as she came to stand behind it. Arms crossed over the top, she leaned against it and let her ebony gaze course over the pristine controls.

Tilting her head, she caught sight of the card mounted to the wall and reached out to trace a silver fingertip across one corner. Tilting her head, she gazed over at Maxx. "Now, there's got to be an interesting story behind this..."

Maxx Elgrin
May 1st, 2012, 07:37:38 PM
Maxx actually took a step back, halted and then stiffened his head just enough that he was a bit taken aback by the news.

"A Jedi?" he said slowly and then continued to follow her. Eyes widened playfully as he watched her soak in the scenery. No one could fake being that excited. "Aren't Jedi supposed to be a bit more ... graceful when running around?" he teased while leaning against the entrance to the cockpit.

"Yes," he said, his head inclining forward to indicate she was correct about the card and smiled, "But that information's sensitive."

He raised a brow as if adding mystery to the story, "Classified even."

Kala'ndryl Ryj
May 1st, 2012, 07:55:37 PM
"Hey now...I am graceful...I just..."

Kala stammered, her cheeks turning pink in spite of her smile. Shaking her head, she turned the pilot's seat around and dropped into it, settling herself just so.

She swiveled so she could glance up at the card and over at him with a flick of her swirling ebony gaze. "Classified, huh? Pity..." Kala replied, stretching out and briefly arching her back.

"...I would have liked to hear it."

Maxx Elgrin
May 1st, 2012, 08:02:36 PM
She was adorable - gushing with innocence in that moment that Maxx had slight reservations with his admiration of her. There was no point in denying that the young lady was pleasing to the eye in every way, but there was a distinct emotional change depending on the conversation.

Of course, when Kala looked at him like that, reason went out the window. As did most of his logical thought process as blue eyes drifted across her lengthy form in new appraisal in that brief moment. "I hate to be a disappointment," he said, moving across the floor and leaning on the armrest of the gunner chair nearby, "Never liked the feeling. Perhaps I can quell your interest by answering something else?"

Kala'ndryl Ryj
May 1st, 2012, 08:21:03 PM
The chair swiveled further as he approached and leaned on the arm of the seat just behind her. Kala tilted her head, fingers idly toying with a silver head-tress and blonde curl. Her free hand traced an absent pattern on the arm rest of her chair as she crossed her long legs.

"Oh, I think you can...show me more?" she smiled and arched a delicate brow as her gaze ran over him slowly now that he was so close.

Maxx Elgrin
May 1st, 2012, 08:26:12 PM
A twisted glance of interest and a brow raised to her own, Maxx's eyes traced the length of her legs, taking note of fingertips playing with the arm rest before finding their home amidst the swirling black eyes of Kala.

He moved enough so the back of his leg swiveled the gunner chair around. "I can, can I?" he countered as he took a seat. "What exactly would you rather I show you, then tell you?"

Kala'ndryl Ryj
May 1st, 2012, 08:45:04 PM
Eyes continued to wander over him for a moment after he spoke, then eventually rose to meet his. Her smile brightened as her eyes widened in an innocent expression.

"You could show me...the rest of the ship..." she replied, leaning forward and slowly unfolding herself to stand.

...or the rest of you, she mused, wishing his coat gone, for starters.

Maxx Elgrin
May 1st, 2012, 08:55:09 PM
He really liked this one. There was a true innocent quality about her that he found attractive, but it was the inner woman inside that was no stranger to these games that made her seem untouchable. She was used to getting what she wanted and Maxx had a feeling that being cooped on this Jedi convoy was straining. It was the longing in her voice about flying that cued him on to that.

Flicking his tongue against the back of his teeth, there was really no way to refuse that request, was there? He followed suit to stand and at this moment there was perhaps less then a foot between them.

"Where to next?" he asked, eyes lingering upon her eyes that have yet to break contact.

Kala'ndryl Ryj
May 1st, 2012, 09:14:38 PM
Her smile warmed as he stood, reducing the space between them to mere inches. The temptation was there, a sliver of warmth weaving its way down her spine that made her want to lean into him. But she somehow managed to resist, nipping at her lower lip as if in thought.

Reaching out, she did tug him forward slightly and tuck herself back into his side. Much closer than the first time.

"I don't know...surprise me..."

Maxx Elgrin
May 2nd, 2012, 09:18:47 AM
And he was ever the gentleman, leading her out of the cockpit and down into the hallway, and quite aware of the renewed closeness that she initiated. "Very well," he said and whisked her away towards the general living area. It was small because the rest of the ship had larger personal quarters, a double bunk, and the cargo area that doubled as passenger room if needed.

There was a circular white couch at the end of the room, a dining table that was fitted against the back of the wall and lined with chairs, there was a dejarik table in the center as well. With a smile, he lead her to the other wall opposite the table and chairs and pressed a hidden panel. The wall slid opened and two well stocked trays of alcohol was pushed out. Glasses were found underneath in all varieties for any type of drink, and Kala could see exotic bottles mixed in with well known flavors found easily across the galaxy. If she searched hard enough, Kala could swear that every color was represented in those alcohol bottles.

"Like something to drink?" he asked, giving her first choice.

Kala'ndryl Ryj
May 3rd, 2012, 04:32:06 PM
"I would love a drink...hmm..." she smiled, leaning into his side as her ebony gaze perused the bottles and their colorful, sometimes metallic labels and engraving. Bottles of every size, shape, and color greeted her questing glance, sparkling in the soft light.

She almost missed it the first time she looked, but it soon drew her gaze back. In a tall, clear glass bottle with a swirled silver stopper, a pale green liquer glittered. "Is that mint liquer? I haven't seen any since the last time I was on Chandrila."

Maxx Elgrin
May 4th, 2012, 09:59:37 AM
Maxx pursed his lips, impressed. "You have an exceptionally good eye and good taste my dear. Allow me."

Reluctantly, he had to escape the hold on him to pluck two shot glasses from the rack. He set them up and lifted the bottle by the neck and with a small toss, grabbed the bottle firmly around the middle.

"What adventures brought you to Chandrila?," he asked, pouring the two of them a drink.

Kala'ndryl Ryj
May 7th, 2012, 02:03:17 AM
She smile a touch more brightly at him in response to his compliment, a hint of color flickering across her cheeks. She cast her swirling black eyes to the bottle in his hand, following it as he tossed it up slightly, and watched him pour with her lashes lowered.

Kala glanced up at him with a fair amount of wicked sliding into her gaze. "Exploring the crystal caverns. Originally wanted to rappel down to one of the bridges, but my equipment wasn't secure enough in the crystal that made up the walls. An element of danger is one thing, but possibly falling into the abyss because my anchor slipped out of place is entirely another."

Her fingers lingered on his as she took the shot glass from his fingers, gazing at it for a moment before looking back up at him. "What should we drink to? Chance and its impeccable timing?" Kala smiled, warmth stealing through her tone.

Maxx Elgrin
May 9th, 2012, 07:59:42 AM
There was a small chuckle at the back of his throat before an appreciative grin came. "Well, I'm glad at your foresight." If the young woman was inclined to danger, Maxx might not have 'ran' into this beautiful Jedi.

Kala was quite the enchanter. The right look, the way she flushed her body against Maxx at the proper times, or the subtle caress of her finger against his was well played. It wasn't forced at all, coming naturally from her and he began to wonder how many fell under her spell.

"I don't believe in chance," he cautioned before laughing. "The Sabacc card aside."

Holding out the rectangular glass, he shifted his gaze appreciatively upon Kala, his voice dropping lower. "However, there's something to say that luck may, in fact, exist."

Clinking his glass to hers, his smile was endearing. "But it's recognizing opportunity. That's a gift."

Kala'ndryl Ryj
May 9th, 2012, 08:55:54 AM
Her eyes watched him intently as he laughed, her smile brightening. It was a warm, rich sound that reverberated through the space around them. "Ahh...at least you mentioned the Sabacc card. I was going to call you on that." she replied, lowering her swirling black gaze playfully.

It was perfect timing on her part, because when his voice lowered and his glanced turned that much more appreciative, her eyes fell briefly closed. Now, he had a great voice regardless, but that little bit of a change in his pitch sent it sliding heatedly through her senses. It traveled the length of her spine and elicited a shiver out of the young woman...enough to make her delay in raising her glass.

Kala took a deep breath and smiled, finally raising her gaze to meet his again. And his smile. Unf...she was done for.

"To a properly recognized opportunity...may it not pass either of us by." she replied, taking a tiny sip of the liqueur before putting the shot away with a modicum of grace. It warmed her throat and made her sigh at the pleasure of it.