PDA

View Full Version : Inside the mind of a falling Jedi.

Zasz Grimm
Apr 7th, 2012, 08:17:44 PM
Zasz, in his current state is a Master who has been in the outer reaches of the Galaxy, hiding, sulking, and generally brooding over the purge. He's been disconnected from the world, and has no real gauge of whats going on with the Rebellion, The Wheel, or even really, the Empire.

And that, has been where I have been saying he has been all this time. He believes that it is time for those that participated in the purge to pay; and to pay with their lives. He has been amping himself up for this moment- to draw a line in the sand and say no more. He believes that the slaughtering of -any- imperial is justified. He has absolutely no idea he's falling down the path to the Dark Side. After all, anyone serving the absolute and tyrannical Empire is inherently evil, right?

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22506

Is his coming out party. As evidenced in the post, he really doesn't care for the Empire. Or, really, anyone involved in the purge. Anyone who turned their backs on the Jedi. He doesn't see that he's giving in to hate; he see's it as retribution for past deeds. Really, he's adding..revisions to the Code as he see's fit. Imperials and Sith are bad, amirite? He doesn't see that he's been driven by a lust for power to take on this massive empire.

Any thoughts on this current incarnation of this age old character of mine are well received, as well as anyone who wants to storyboard with me, come up with side plots. And if you want to jump into that thread, please feel free!

MARCUS
Apr 7th, 2012, 08:22:39 PM
As I mentioned before, the slippery slope of a Jedi with good intentions cutting corners to become a Dark Jedi is always interesting to write. The only thing I'd maybe consider is making it a slow progression rather than a rapid one. Obviously Zasz has been gone for a while now, but I would resist the urge to go too drastic too fast, and keep slowly going down that path.

Make sure you are constantly internally evaluating his worldview and his decisions. A character like this? I'd love to see inside of his head and what's going on. Don't miss those opportunities.

Great start so far.