PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 'New Posts'

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2012, 02:52:31 PM
I have to clear my cache each time I want to view the new posts, otherwise it won't work. Is there any reason you/anyone can think of why that might be happening? It's on my iPad so all I'm looking for are some suggestions on how to troubleshoot the problem.

I am using the 'Atomic Browser' imitating Safari Desktop in order to bypass the problem I have with mobile Safari not allowing me to use Fans in anything but the mobile style.

John Glayde
Apr 7th, 2012, 03:23:03 PM
When you click the New Posts link, does it try and load the exact same URL (ie. the same search number)?

When I run it on PC, it generates a new search ID each time. However, if you try and refresh after too long (access the same search ID again), it doesn't work, because the search page doesn't exist any more.

It's worth a check to see if that's what it does. No idea how you'd fix it, but it might help guide people towards an appropriate answer!

Dasquian Belargic
Apr 7th, 2012, 03:44:20 PM
I've noticed that the same thing happens using Safari on iPad. There can be new posts but the 'New Posts' button doesn't return anything.

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 7th, 2012, 04:23:52 PM
When you click the New Posts link, does it try and load the exact same URL (ie. the same search number)?

When I run it on PC, it generates a new search ID each time. However, if you try and refresh after too long (access the same search ID again), it doesn't work, because the search page doesn't exist any more.

It's worth a check to see if that's what it does. No idea how you'd fix it, but it might help guide people towards an appropriate answer!

Yes it's this - it doesn't generate a new search ID unless I clear the cache.