PDA

View Full Version : Reviving New York?

Captain Untouchable
Apr 6th, 2012, 07:54:48 AM
Everything in LA is great (better than great!), but we've got all our eggs in one basket right now. Once registration becomes mandatory, that's going to make LA feel a lot different than it has been currently... and even though the Brotherhood and Vanguard has a scope on a national/global scale, there's only one set of characters reacting to the sorts of things they get up to.

It's also a shame that our X-Men setting has no X-Men right now. :(

Would anyone be interested in doing some stuff in New York? Maybe not reviving the entire setting necessarily, but perhaps a few threads here and there so people can shake the dust off their old Cullen's characters? It might be cool to capture more of the sense that we're writing in an entire world of mutants, not just one city.

Or, for that matter... does anyone have any cool ideas for stuff somewhere else in the world that might be fun? Maybe the X-Bruces from Australia or something? :mischief

Freight Train
Apr 6th, 2012, 08:07:36 AM
With no characters free to act in New York, and no motivation to make a new MU character, I can't say I'm interested in reviving that part of the setting. But if the world wants it, I'm in support of it. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Apr 6th, 2012, 08:20:50 AM
My eggs are firmly in the LA basket and I'm fine with that. I can't think beyond the end of the arc we've been working toward since 2009/11. :) it's so cloooooose

Edit: diversifying and/or spreading the existing RPers too thinly without introduction of actual new people and not just new characters would quickly lead to character-exhaustion and abandonment. IMO. I'd rather accomplish fun and good stuff with what I have.

That being said after the end of what Andrew, Liz, Dru and I call Act 1 there may be room to expand a bit into the UK. I need to focus on what needs to happen first, before I do serious planning on what might come next.

Banner Laverick
Apr 6th, 2012, 08:46:16 AM
Edit: diversifying and/or spreading the existing RPers too thinly without introduction of actual new people and not just new characters would quickly lead to character-exhaustion and abandonment. IMO. I'd rather accomplish fun and good stuff with what I have.

This. I just got back into it, and have to adjust to a whole new setting. I don't want to spread myself too thin with tons of characters (which is really easy to do! Especially since I'm probably going to end up rping only X-people). I don't really consider myself part of any of the major storylines in MU, but things that affect the setting affect all the characters, it puts in more challenges for them and I think it'll make LA a bit more interesting than just relationship/character developing threads.

Not that there is anything wrong with those types of threads, since Banner has tons of them with Felix, but we need some action. Maybe we can plan to do more Brotherhood threads once Felix is officially out of jail?

Riley Grace
Apr 6th, 2012, 09:19:47 AM
Actually, I quite like the idea. I have no problem at all helping regenerate a little interest in New York. I could have Atlas in the rare thread as he does travel quite a bit for Ragnarok.

Also have no issue creating a new face for a few threads - you know me! I'll just jump right in :)

Miranda Tarkin
Apr 6th, 2012, 03:08:48 PM
(ponders if Ethan should be resurrected)

Jacinda Blake
Apr 6th, 2012, 03:28:38 PM

Yes please!

I'd be tickled to do some more NY stuffs. :)

Ceto Rübezahl
Apr 6th, 2012, 04:42:07 PM

Most definitely!

An idea that I had to give us something to do initially -

Rather than try to get some classes and what-not on the go, I thought it might be fun / interesting to send some of the X-Men on a mission. They might run up against a plot by the Brotherhood or Vanguard; a scheme to start nuclear war in the sixties; or against another villain entirely. It would largely be an exercise in being Big Damn Heroes, and would have a sort of movie scale epic plot type feel to it (hopefully). Most of what we do in LA seems to be on a local scale, so I figured it might be fun to do something a little different.

If, as a result of that, we inspired enough interest in New York to carry on, we can always go from there. Is that something that people might be interested in? :)